Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/16/2009 11:43:12 PM EDT
I'd nominate Swingset for his insight into his opponent's personality and devastating retorts.

I'd also co-nominate 4xDawn for the fact it seems whether sooner or later, people who cross her get the perma-ban.

[Therefore, if Dawn requests, I'll ask to delete this topic. Swingset too. I am not affiliated in any way, nor do I know either one of them.]

I expect some old POS that thinks THEY are the title-holder will come by and start slinging the wildly violative CoC crap, but I'll ignore him. ...because I have not nominated myself.

If I have irked either nominee, I'll withdraw the thread.

I am just amazed at the power of some, despite the fact they have nothing but a keyboard and a brain, to prevail.

No comment on  the Pit and the "CoC" of late, because that would get a lock.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:45:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Being that im on the internet, anyone. What's going to happen? I'll get told off?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:46:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Stavert77 or whatever his name is.

That crazy mofo wears a tin foil viking hat.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:46:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Old_Painless.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:48:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Swingset, for sure.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:48:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I vote 230grains.  Get on his bad side and you'd see it multiple times in every post in every thread in all of GD all day long.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:48:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Old_Painless.

+1
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Me .......I can be a real asshole sometimes.
And I'm mean.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:50:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Old_Painless.

But why would anybody? Death wish? Are there others who have been awarded an honorary Life Membership?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#9]
im a mean boy, someone you DONT want to tussle with
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:53:35 PM EDT
[#10]
and i am kind of afraid of MRCLEAN4HIRE

actually, afraid isnt the word. i guess i kind of respect him, and he has a way with wits that would make me nervous to battle him on the internets
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:55:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
im a mean boy, someone you DONT want to tussle with

Your avatar certainly demonstates a certain "je ne sais quoi".

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:56:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Old_Painless.

But why would anybody? Death wish? Are there others who have been awarded an honorary Life Membership?

I can't tell you why anyone would go after him I wouldn't out of respect and I enjoy his threads.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:56:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I vote 230grains.  Get on his bad side and you'd see it multiple times in every post in every thread in all of GD all day long.

Hey, I have NO idea what you're talking about!

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:57:00 PM EDT
[#14]
what was his name... macuzi?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:57:18 PM EDT
[#15]
DLLoken. He'd get the DNC and media after me.

"Does Stealbear the Gunnut shoot puppies? More at 11pm along with his home address"
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:57:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm afraid of everyone on the internets. The internets are super serious, and not to be taken lightly.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:58:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:59:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Osprey. He seems like the kind of guy who would beat my ass here or in person.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:00:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Old_Painless.

I can't tell you why anyone would go after him I wouldn't out of respect and I enjoy his threads.

yea really, i dont know OP personally, but if someone interweb attacked him, id prolly rip that person a new asshole.  old- painless is probably my favorite poster here.  Dave A is intersting and kieth J is cool too.  we got into a descussion and the guy knows his shit.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:00:31 AM EDT
[#20]
i wouldnt argue with keith j when it comes to most stuff.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:01:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Old_Painless.

yea really, i dont know OP personally, but if someone interweb attacked him, id prolly rip that person a new asshole.  old- painless is probably my favorite poster here.  Dave A is intersting and kieth J is cool too.  we got into a descussion and the guy knows his shit.

Ps im drunk and misspelled a lot of stuff like discussion

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#22]
A better thread would be the same as this, but only IRL.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:03:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Call me silly, but I'm thinking Ed Sr.

Fail, as he is the Site Owner. Staff, mods, owners were excluded. They have the "heart plug" [Dune reference] of each member. I am interested in who has the brains and "skills" to defeat all contenders on LEVEL ground. That is, the CoC applies to both contenders.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:04:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Nobody here scares me.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:04:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fail Site Owner. Staff, mods, owners were excluded. They have the "heart plug" [Dune reference] of each member. I am interested in who has the brains and "skills" to defeat all contenters on LEVEL ground. That is, the CoC applies to both contenders.

defeat? what arguement would you propose?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:06:22 AM EDT
[#26]
plane jane
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:06:39 AM EDT
[#27]
The only guy here who I would have never wanted to cross (in terms of getting into a pissing match over some subject) was Eric The Hun. There was simply no point in trying to argue with him. Wayne was always going to be right and anyone arguing with him was going to clearly be the loser. He set me straight enough times on a number of matters when I first joined this board that I quickly learned to avoid entering a debate with him, unless it was a subject we already agreed on. Otherwise, by the end of the discussion, I'd find myself having to modify what I thought I previously believed to be true. The guy was impressive when it came to being persuasive. I can say that he was the only person I have met here on this forum that intimidated me. And I don't mean that in a "bullying" sense or anything like that. I simply mean that in a debate, he could make me (and I would assume most others) recognize right away how intellectually inferior they are to ETH. Hehe. I came to respect him immensely. Nobody else I've ever encountered on an online forum ever impressed me so much as he did. RIP, ETH.

As to women here whom you don't want to get on your bad side, I'd have to nominate PlaymoreMinds. Now, I don't mean that to say that she is difficult to get along with. I don't think I've ever had a disagreement with her ever at this forum. But I have seen her enter some debates concerning controversial issues before, and like ETH, she is also quite persuasive, as well as witty. Though quite nice, she is also quite capable of setting you straight in a most efficient manner if you engage your mouth before you engage your brain. So enter an argument with her at your own risk. Doing so will likely leave you looking like an idiot. Hehe.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:07:59 AM EDT
[#28]
There's nobody here who I fear, it's the internet afterall....

That said, there are people I wouldn't go up against because either their knowledge of particular subjects exceeds mine (Keith and his engineering mumbo jumbo), or I respect their opinions on other fronts and would let a point of disagreement slide.  An example is Subnet...I don't agree with him 100% all the time (I don't even agree with my wife 100% of the time, so that's not a knock) but he's quite intelligent and I like what he has to say.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:10:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Nobody here scares me.

This.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:10:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:They have the "heart plug" [Dune reference]

It is?  I've read the series several times and it's not ringing a bell...

I don't mean this in an argumentative way, I'm just a bit of a Dune nerd.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:11:35 AM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:12:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

youre a dune nerd and you dont know about the heart plug?  watch the original movie again.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:14:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Cool, but Dune was a movie too and the term was "coined" to refer to a visual.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:15:09 AM EDT
[#34]
theres nobody i'd be "scared" to argue with

but theres a few members i agree with on too much stuff to argue anything with..

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:16:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Nobody here scares me.

So you don't mind "messing" with stoner student?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:17:41 AM EDT
[#36]
This sounds like another one of those arfcom love fests.

Anyway, there are a few, a very few, here with good insight.  And I have found that old members w/ low post count seem to hit the nail on the head more accurately. And like the current Ford truck mod thread, why would I solicit advice from someone that that hasn't done anything close to what I'm asking? IOW, few know-it-alls rarely do.

ETA

Quoted:
The only guy here who I would have never wanted to cross (in terms of getting into a pissing match over some subject) was Eric The Hun.

I stand corrected.  I thought he was a god here, and quite probably in real life too.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:18:46 AM EDT
[#37]
I just saw this.

I'm really not a very scary person. I tend to call it like I see it here.

Should I reign that in?

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:21:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I just saw this.

Should I reign that in?

i heart 4xdawn! we must embrace what we fear teh most! wimminz!

otherwise, we shall not survive!

i like to lurk on the OG nightcrew thread and read ur posts
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:24:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I just saw this.

Should I reign that in?

Not scary, just deadly.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:24:55 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nobody here scares me.

So you don't mind "messing" with stoner student?

I don't really think I have anything to worry about from SS

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:28:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fail, as he is the Site Owner. Staff, mods, owners were excluded. They have the "heart plug" [Dune reference] of each member. I am interested in who has the brains and "skills" to defeat all contenders on LEVEL ground. That is, the CoC applies to both contenders.

Fail.  EdSr is Sr Staff.  His son Edward is the owner.  That being said, I don't care to get in a pissing match with anyone on the intartubes.  That, in itself, is fail defined.  

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:35:04 AM EDT
[#42]
I think the one everyone should be afraid of is Deej. He remembers all.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:35:21 AM EDT
[#43]

FEAR the man who has a pink rifle, especially one who has arms as large as tree trunks!

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:37:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You are not that big a Dune nerd if you have no clue what a heart plug is.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:38:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fail.  EdSr is Sr Staff.  His son Edward is the owner.  That being said, I don't care to get in a pissing match with anyone on the intartubes.  That, in itself, is fail defined.  

Correct, of course. I knew that in the back of my mind, but deferring to someone's father rarely causes issues. And,  if you own the Pit you own ARFcom'ers and thereby ARFcom itself. But your last point is well taken.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:50:09 AM EDT
[#46]
i say cincinnatus.

that guy is hard corps
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:55:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Ed Sr.

[/thread]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:59:32 AM EDT
[#48]
DrFrige and GabbyRex
wait DrFrige is a mod now
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:02:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool, but Dune was a movie too and the term was "coined" to refer to a visual.

Ahh, I've kept my nerdyness relegated to the books so far...

I need to branch out clearly!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:14:13 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm not e-afraid of e-people on the internet, so N/A for me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top