Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 9:51:24 PM EDT
Any idea on how much it would cost to Ground ship a 20 AR from CA to the East Coast? Just a rough idea.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd bet less than 50 bucks...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Any idea on how much it would cost to Ground ship a 20 AR from CA to the East Coast? Just a rough idea.

Costed me like 25 bucks to send my AK74 off to be built through UPS. Can't imagine it would cost a whole lot more than that.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#3]
measure and weigh what you are shipping.  get on their website and put in your requirements.  i recommend insurance
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Use fed ex. Cheaper, more reliable.

In my experience.

And by cheaper I mean literally about 300% cheaper.

I had 3 boxes and a giant duffel bag FULL of clothes I wanted to ship, I brought the duffel bag in to UPS and for it alone they wanted $145.00, didnt even see the boxes, much less weigh them or quote a price. Went to fedex, to ship the bad AND all three boxes, the total was 45 and change. I shit you not. Stuff arrives on time and intact, have shipped through them many times since.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#5]
It cost 59.88 for shipping and 16.99 for the box. Today.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

In my experience.

I had 3 boxes and a giant duffel bag FULL of clothes I wanted to ship, I brought the duffel bag in to UPS and for it alone they wanted $145.00, didnt even see the boxes, much less weigh them or quote a price. Went to fedex, to ship the bad AND all three boxes, the total was 45 and change. I shit you not. Stuff arrives on time and intact, have shipped through them many times since.

Is this you?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Which shipping company did you use?

Let us know if it arrives...

Never ship valuable goods by 'Ground'...too much handling at too many places,  too many opportunities to 'get lost'.

If it's valuable to you and the recipient, FexEx Priority Overnight or First Overnight. Yes, the shipping is more expensive but for an AR, to arrive quickly, on time and with a signature delivery...it's worth every extra dollar.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:05:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Using USPS tomorrow to ship a rifle, last time it cost 35 bucks.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:11:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Using USPS tomorrow to ship a rifle, last time it cost 35 bucks.

15 bucks or so last time I used USPS for something like that.  Though I only paid for the slowpoke rate.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:11:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

In my experience.

This doesn't make any sense. How freakin heavy was this duffel bag and what kind of service level were you quoted on. I've shipped transmisions through UPS and other auto (HEAVY) items and not paid $145.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:24:48 AM EDT
[#11]
FedEx will rape you if they find out it's a gun, and will refuse to ship a handgun in my experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top