Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 3:24:53 PM EDT
i work with a lot of....stupid people?

they dont uncover during colors, or they only take off one of their covers. they also generally run their mouth the whole time...

what is the proper procedure for dealing with this?

edit: the people i work with that have prior service are respectful but it is mostly the younger group i work with...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#1]
This won't end well...  Not at all...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:27:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I typically clear my throat and/or ask them to please stop talking during the Anthem...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#3]
When do you do colors at work?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Flags don't have a spear point for nothing
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Colors, I'm not sure what exactly that means? If it has something to do with the pledge of allegiance, or the flag, I don't think that there are any rules that dictate one has to take of covers for said event. I may be wrong and as much as you disagree or agree with me I suspect that is the way it is. I know for the pledge at least, many  people choose not to say it for various reasons, however they are peaceful during the presentation of it. If ones starts cussing and being loud I believe something can be done about that. However, if one is not doing said activity with out being a disruption I believe the law states its good to go.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:31:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:32:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Colors, I'm not sure what exactly that means? If it has something to do with the pledge of allegiance, or the flag, I don't think that there are any rules that dictate one has to take of covers for said event. I may be wrong and as much as you disagree or agree with me I suspect that is the way it is. I know for the pledge at least, many  people choose not to say it for various reasons, however they are peaceful during the presentation of it. If ones starts cussing and being loud I believe something can be done about that. However, if one is not doing said activity with out being a disruption I believe the law states its good to go.

I believe he's a service member.  Probably navy or marine by his speech.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

they dont uncover during colors, or they only take off one of their covers. they also generally run their mouth the whole time...

edit: the people i work with that have prior service are respectful but it is mostly the younger group i work with...

... oh:

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Take pride that you and the prior service members know the proper procedure.

Don't say anything to the others. Mind your own business.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#11]
slap the hat off their head and tell them to shut the fuck up.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe he's a service member.  Probably navy or marine by his speech.

Ah, I believe something can be done about that.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:42:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Isn't this a reason for keeping the pimp hand strong?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Have a USMC Gunnery Sargent drop by right before Colors. Then stand back and watch the fireworks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Colors is the raising and lowering of our National Ensign (United States Flag). You may have seen this in movies on a military base; when the ceremony takes place you will also hear a bugle playing so if you are not withing sight of our National Ensign you know that the ceremony is taking place and you face the flag and salute.

For the civilians that show disregard, I would politely tell them to show some respect.
For the military personnel it would be an ass chewing...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have a USMC Gunnery Sargent someone with balls drop by right before Colors. Then stand back and watch the fireworks.
Use peer pressure. If you yell at them, 90% of the people in the area won't say shit, and 9% will give you a hard time for being patriotic. The other 1% are evil.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#17]
i am not enlisted but uncle sam signs my check...

i generally say "stop talking" or "uncover" not much comes of it though...

how hard is it to show respect for 30 seconds?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top