Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 2:27:06 PM EDT
I know in New York State is illegal to enact a breed specific dog ban but does any one support such a ban?

That bans one or several specific dog breeds?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#3]
No.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No.

Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

Quoted:
No.

All of the above...

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

Quoted:
No.

All of the above...

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Some people should be banned from owning dogs. Dogs should not be banned from existing.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in favor of holding owners liable.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#8]
No way.  Well... maybe Miniature Pinchers, but just because I hate those little things....  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#9]
they should ban all small useless yappy dogs - fucking annoying as hell.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Some people should be banned from owning dogs. Dogs should not be banned from existing.

The same ghetto people who shouldnt be allowed to own guns.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Arfcommers generally dont like to "ban" things, the things people want banned usually arent the problem, their just the "tools". Its the people using the thing that people want banned innapropriately that is the problem.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:47:35 PM EDT
[#12]
No bans but people should be able to shoot/stab/spear/claymore large breeds that are not on a leash(even when the owner is present) without penalties.
Just how I feel. The owner should also be imprisoned for a period of 6 months for allowing the animal to escape.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I know in New York State is illegal to enact a breed specific dog ban but does any one support such a ban?

That bans one or several specific dog breeds?

No. There are no bad dogs just bad people.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Fixed that baby right on up.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:58:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No bans but people should be able to shoot/stab/spear/claymore large breeds that are not on a leash(even when the owner is present) without penalties.
Just how I feel. The owner should also be imprisoned for a period of 6 months for allowing the animal to escape.

Are you fucking kidding me?  I should also be able to shoot/stab/murder YOU because you easily could crack at any moment and injure me.  I mean really, by your logic there doesn't need to be any violent action, just the potential for it to occur and it's killing time.  That's so fucking ignorant I oughta rip your head off and shit down your throat for thinking it!

Back to the question of the thread, this came from the other thread:
Ban all pit bulls...for the children.

"This"

Sure seems like some support bans!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you fucking kidding me?  I should also be able to shoot/stab/murder YOU because you easily could crack at any moment and injure me.  I mean really, by your logic there doesn't need to be any violent action, just the potential for it to occur and it's killing time.  That's so fucking ignorant I oughta rip your head off and shit down your throat for thinking it!

Back to the question of the thread, this came from the other thread:
Ban all pit bulls...for the children.

"This"

Sure seems like some support bans!

There is a reason wolves were hunted to darn near extinction. Animals are not afforded the same rights as people. A predatory animal should be aput down in its tracks in residential areas. You can go back to stroking your large breed dog now.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:40:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There is a reason wolves were hunted to darn near extinction. Animals are not afforded the same rights as people. A predatory animal should be aput down in its tracks in residential areas. Clearly you know absolutely nothing about large breed dogs, they are domesticated, they are not predators anymore.  You can go back to stroking your large breed dog now.
 My dog is 40lbs, more mid-sized than anything.

You're still stupid.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes, all long haired dogs that shed should be banned immediately...............Oh, you were serious?  No.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So you are saying that because I have trained my dog to stay by my side and actually walk at heel that you should be able to walk up to it and pop it in the head, even tho it is perfectly behaved and has never even growled at a person (that did not walk into my house without being ok'd by me or the wife)?

Got news for ya there sparky, you might just get shot back for doing such a  thing.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Got news for ya there sparky, you might just get shot back for doing such a  thing.

Most certainly, I mean after all...firing unprovoked in the direction of people (we're going with the loose definition of direction here) would definitely make them "fear for their life".  I personally would be FUCKING TERRIFIED.  I'd have to act to stop the threat .
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#21]
No - the problem is some breeders and owners of certain 'popular' breeds.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm in favor of holding owners liable.

This.
Keep it contained or pay the piper.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:36:34 PM EDT
[#23]
From Prince Georges County, Maryland animal control ordinance:

Effective February 3, 1997, all Pit Bulls in Prince George's County must be registered with the Animal Management Division. Pit Bulls include any and all of the following dogs:

* Staffordshire Bull Terrier breed of dogs
   * American Staffordshire Terrier breed of dogs
   * American Pit Bull Terrier breed of dogs or dogs that exhibit the characteristics of a Pit Bull more than any other breed of dog

This registration tag must be worn by the Pit Bull at all times.

Pit Bulls

Pit Bulls born after February 3, 1997, are illegal and must be removed from the County.

For Pit Bulls owned prior to February 3, 1997, owners must provide written proof of ownership which could include rabies certificate, veterinarian bill, or other similar documentation. Pit Bulls owned prior to February 3, 1997, must be maintained within a building or kennel at all times. When outside, Pit Bulls must be kept under control of an adult and secured by an unbreakable or unseverable leash. Violations of the Pit Bull Law will result in fines up to $1,000 or a sentence of not more than six months imprisonment. (See Licensing above for more information.)
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#24]
ban all dogs with less then 50 # of jaw force..
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I would prefer I.Q. specific owner bans.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:55:06 PM EDT
[#26]
You mean banning/killing a sub-set of a species based on physical characteristics or bloodlines rather than individual behavior?

Sounds racist to me.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:05:29 PM EDT
[#27]
its very sad that some kid died, but there are literaly tens millions of pit bull like dogs around this country, and to me the actions of less than one percent of one percent of one percent doesn't warrant the destruction of an entire breed.  

but there i go bringing logic into a conversation.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:16:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:17:31 PM EDT
[#29]
I love how when a "pitbull" incident occurs, these threads seem to pop up and expose the closet liberals who want to ban things that scare them or things they dont like.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

Quoted:
No.

All of the above...

HOWEVER.....no

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:22:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I love how when a "pitbull" incident occurs, these threads seem to pop up and expose the closet liberals who want to ban things that scare them or things they dont like.

Pitbull....the AR15 of the dog world......

Personally I prefer the Howitzer.   I've had Mastiffs all my life....currently own two.   My dog weighs in at 228 lbs, and my bitch is just shy of 200lbs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top