Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 1:51:32 PM EDT
Paypal keeps banning me for selling pretty much anything to do with a gun.  I have tried reasoning with them and they dont hear it.  Any firearm part or even a knife can be grounds for banning.        Anyway, does anyone know of a similiar payment type that is gun friendly?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#1]
So dont use paypal.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#2]
USPS money orders are gun friendly

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Fuck paypal.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:56:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fuck paypal.

This.

They have been doing it for a few years now. They wont change their ways for anything.

Only other similar one I know of is Bidpay, are they gun friendly?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Paypal keeps banning me for selling pretty much anything to do with a gun. I have tried reasoning with them and they dont hear it. Any firearm part or even a knife can be grounds for banning. Anyway, does anyone know of a similiar payment type that is gun friendly?

I got locked today too. First time.  I filled out their questionaire and submitted it.

Have some money to withdraw but it won't let me.  In the past, how long has it

taken you to be able to withdraw funds when this has happened??
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#6]
They're part of eBay, and eBay is anti-gun.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:06:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Just don't list it as gun related shit...
List it as Sporting Goods...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:10:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Tools.

That's what my payments come as.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I have funds locked up with them too.  I even got banned for selling stuff on here.  Riddle me this, who was the genius that put paypal as a payment type on the new EE ?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I just shipped that airsoft gun I was selling on Ebay. PayPal better not freeze my account. That shipment was $78.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I have funds locked up with them too. I even got banned for selling stuff on here. Riddle me this, who was the genius that put paypal as a payment type on the new EE ?

You mentioned in your origional post that you had been banned several times.  Did you money

get locked up the?  If so, how long before it was released??
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#13]
BidPay is gun-friendly, I've used them several times.  Not as quick as PayPal nor as user-friendly, but a good alternative to PayPal.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I refuse to use Paypal
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I use Paypal, but always stress use no gun words of anykind if selling something on the EE. First I have heard of any problems with knives though, other than switchblades or auto knives.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I use Paypal, but always stress use no gun words of anykind if selling something on the EE. First I have heard of any problems with knives though, other than switchblades or auto knives.

I always send the customer an invoice and click the box than just says "goods".

Then the customer has no opportunity to say anything about the product.

I'm thinking someone ratted me out....

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:30:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Never had a problem, but I always inform people buying from me not to indicate anything gun related.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Paypal did that to me.  Locked my money for several months. Luckily I only had a couple of bucks left in the account.
When I tried to clear it up, they asked for my ARF user name to search all my posts.  I said no.  They then refused to close my account, but wouldn't let me use it either.
I filed a complaint with the BBB out of CA and their final answer was maybe it is just best to close/end our account.
I advised that was all I wanted all along but they accused me of trying to avoid an investigation.  I replied that they wanted me to prove a sale from 3 months earlier violated their terms.  I told the BBB that I am not a company and don't keep records like that.  They took my fees and had no complaints at the time so what was the problem??
Anyways, Paypal Sucks! and for those who say use "discreet" terms, I always did.....
Be careful....
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:34:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

What I do is when someone buys something from me on the EE, I ask for their paypal email and I send them a billing statement with a description like "dark earth fluffy kittens"

Paypal would never ban the sale of fluffy kittens!

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#20]
ive used PP for a few transactions. i dont see how people fuck things up and mention gun related stuff. when it shows the box and what you are buying, i click "goods" and thats that. i dont see how people mention gun things.
i also dont get fees taken out or added. not sure whats up with that.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#21]
PayPal is a ring of internet thieves. I refuse to do business with them.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Paypal keeps banning me for selling pretty much anything to do with a gun. I have tried reasoning with them and they dont hear it. Any firearm part or even a knife can be grounds for banning. Anyway, does anyone know of a similiar payment type that is gun friendly?

I got locked today too. First time.  I filled out their questionaire and submitted it.

Have some money to withdraw but it won't let me.  In the past, how long has it

taken you to be able to withdraw funds when this has happened??

Generally, they'll mail you a check in a few days.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:26:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I think they don't know that I bought a lot of ammo, parts, and a deer rifle with them
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top