Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/16/2009 12:15:15 PM EDT
Got a call awhile ago from my wife and brother and they both told me 2 pit bulls attacked a 10 year old boy who later died. Wife said son-in-laws mom was at Good Shepard when they brought the boy in. She had to come over and get a grandson hug after work.

I'm as big a dog lover that ever walked, but man somethings gotta be done with these dogs. They are great dogs until something gets them going and then with the bite strength it's all over.

Man I'm 220 miles away and I want a grandson hug.

Prayers to the family this occured to and the neighbors who owned the dogs.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#1]
My prayers go out to the family.  What a horrible thing to have happen.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#2]
God I HATE irresponsible dog owners who don't care if their dog hurts a child no matter the breed.

In before the ignorant posts.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Isolated incident?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:20:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Picture of dogs or it wasn't APBTs.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#5]

This thread is gonna heat up.
Off to make popcorn.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#6]
misunderstood animal

isolated incident

not the dogs fault

..did I miss any?

Don't get me wrong, I actually think Pitbulls are great dogs, but I can't freakin' stand the excuses and the naiive owners.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:22:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Arfcom will need a full DNA sample for proof that it was a pit in any form or fashion. Also, this almost never happens...  

All silliness aside... I'm sad for the little boy and his family...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#9]
My puppies din't do nuffin!

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:27:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Are they sure it wasnt an SKS?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:28:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe this will finally make America wake up to the need for common sense assault dog legislation.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Link

2 pit bulls kill 10-year-old boy in Texas
June 15th, 2009 @ 6:51pm

KILGORE, Texas (AP) - Authorities say two pit bulls fatally mauled a 10-year-old boy in East Texas.

The Rusk County Sheriff's Office says witnesses reported seeing the dogs drag Justin Clinton down the side of the road Monday in the small community of Leverett's Chapel.

Tyler television station KLTV reports that a passing motorist pulled the animals off the boy.

The fourth-grader was pronounced dead at a Longview hospital.

Justin's great-aunt, Carolyn Spence, tells the Longview News-Journal that the family "just can't believe it."

The Rev. Edwin Findley, acting as spokesman for the family that owns the dogs, says both families have been hurt.

Sheriff's deputies are investigating.

Rusk County Animal Control has the dogs.

KLTV Video
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Ban all pit bulls...for the children.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Maybe this will finally make America wake up to the need for common sense assault dog legislation.

The problem is the ghetto people and their destructive culture. These type of people dont even take care of their kids and you guys expect them to care for a dog?

Their dog just "snap" and they never saw it coming. Their sons kill police officers and the mother says her son was a good boy.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Pit Bulls That Killed Boy Put Down; 'Full-Scale Investigation' Planned
RELATED LINKS  
Town Shocked by 10-Year-Old's Death

By KENNETH DEAN
Staff Writer

HENDERSON — A day after a 10-year-old boy was mauled to death by two pit bulls, Rusk County Sheriff Danny Pirtle said a “full scale investigation” will be conducted and the results presented to the district attorney.

“We are doing a complete investigation and whatever it leads to then it leads to. We will hand our completed investigation over to the district attorney and whatever they decide with the case then that is what we will have,” he said.

Pirtle said the two pit bull dogs were put down about 30 minutes after they were confiscated from a home on County Road 133, just off Texas Highway 42 in Leverett’s Chapel.

“We took them to a veterinarian and he put both dogs down. I don’t know if he sent samples off to be tested for rabies or not, but if that is part of his routine then I’m sure he followed it,” he said.

Monday shortly after 12:30 p.m. Rusk County Sheriff deputies responded in regards to dogs attacking 10-year-old Justin Clinton.

Despite on lookers’ attempts to save the youth, the attack was so severe that he died of his injuries at Good Shepherd Hospital in Longview where EMS personnel transported him.

Pirtle said the owners could face felony charges under what is commonly called “Lillian's Law,” which was put into effect in Texas.

The law is named after Lillian Stiles, an elderly woman who was attacked and killed by a pack of dogs.

The legislation, under the Texas Health and Safety Code, went into effect in September 2007 and works in conjunction with the Texas Penal Code under criminal negligence.

“We are taking this thing to the full limit,” Pirtle said.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090616/NEWS01/906169993

Authorities: Pit bulldog attack preceded boy's mauling

Authorities: Pit bulldog attack preceded boy's mauling

Click-2-Listen
By Jamaal E. O'Neal

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Monday's fatal pit bulldog attack Leverett's Chapel was preceded by a Rusk County dog mauling Friday, according to Justice of the Peace Bob Richardson.

Richardson said a 4-year-old girl was attacked by a pit bulldog in Henderson and officials are planning to schedule a hearing in the case this week.

During the Friday attack, the dog's owner was walking a dog on a leash when it broke free and attacked the girl. Richardson said a local hospital released the girl and she is expected to fully recover.

The information about the Friday attack was released during follow-up interviews about Monday's death of a 10-year-old boy in Leverett's Chapel.

Justin Clinton, a fourth-grader at Leverett's Chapel Elementary School, was pronounced dead Monday at Good Shepherd Medical Center.

Rusk County Sheriff Danny Pirtle said the dogs were taken to a veterinary clinic after the attack, where they were euthanized shortly afterward. Officials say the dogs have been sent to Austin to be tested for rabies. The attack was reported about noon on CR 133.

Charges are pending against the dogs' owner, Pirtle said.

A leash law is being considered in Rusk County, according to County Judge Sandra Hodges.

"People move to the country and bring their dogs with them," Hodges said. "However, not everybody in the county lets their dogs roam free. Some people do a good job with keeping their dogs contained, that is why we are still discussing this law."

Town Shocked by 10-Year-Old's Death

By KENNETH DEAN
Staff Writer

LEVERETT'S CHAPEL –– The peaceful community nestled between Kilgore and New London was devastated Monday when 10-year-old Justin Clinton was mauled to death by two pit bulls as he played near a friend's house.

As people drove by the area on County Road 133 just off Texas Highway 42, they shook their heads or held hands to their mouths as they passed the yellow crime scene tape marking the spot where Justin was attacked.

Rusk County sheriff's deputies said they were called to the location about 12:30 p.m. in reference to a boy being attacked by two dogs.

When deputies arrived, they were told the dogs were spotted dragging the boy down the road. One witness jumped from a car to pull the dogs off the boy in an effort to save his life. However, Justin was pronounced dead at Good Shepherd Hospital in Longview.

"It's just so hard. Just really hard," Laird Hill Baptist Church Pastor Edwin Findley said as he left the home where the attack took place.

Findley said he knew both Justin and the child who lived at the home where the attack occurred.

"They were friends, and Justin would come up here and the two would play. Today, the other kid wasn't home and I guess Justin was just riding his skateboard up and down the street," he said.

Findley said Justin and the other child were Wednesday night regulars at his church, where youth gathered in a church atmosphere.

"We know God is in control of all things, but some things are just too tough to understand," he said.

Across the highway in the neighborhood where Justin was commonly seen, neighbors said they were mad, upset and trying to cope with the thoughts of a young life ended by vicious dogs.

"I'm mad on one hand and then on the other I wish people would keep these dangerous dogs locked up in the city and not out in the country," resident Jeffery Sanders said. "This is hard because I watched that boy go up and down this road every day. He was a real likeable kid and this hurts."

Family members declined to speak to the media Monday, but said they would make a comment after they had time to mourn the loss of their loved one.

A teenager at the scene was being comforted by a young woman as she shook her head and said, "I don't know why my baby brother had to die."
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Two or more dogs together is bad news.

Things tend to escalate beyond what one of them alone might do.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Two or more dogs together is bad news.

Things tend to escalate beyond what one of them alone might do.

Same can be said for the "ghetto people" who own them......

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#18]
That sux.

I hate irresponsible owners.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The problem is the ghetto people and their destructive culture. These type of people dont even take care of their kids and you guys expect them to care for a dog?

Their dog just "snap" and they never saw it coming. Their sons kill police officers and the mother says her son was a good boy.

Actually I'd say it's anyone who lets their dog believe it's the alpha of the house, which is by no means limited to ghetto people.  I'd say better than half of people who have dogs with aggressive personalities (which are more common in, but definitely not limited or exclusive to, bulldog and pinscher breeds) let their dog think this and often aren't even aware of it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:52:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Got a call awhile ago from my wife and brother and they both told me 2 gangsters shot a 10 year old boy who later died. Wife said son-in-laws mom was at Good Shepard when they brought the boy in. She had to come over and get a grandson hug after work.

I'm as big a gun lover that ever walked, but man somethings gotta be done with these guns. Guns are fun until something gets drunk, irresponsible and AD's. With the power of bullet strength it's all over.

Prayers to the family, but you anti Pit Bullers sound NO different than an anti gunner. Not a bit different.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Somewhere, a kid drowned in a bucket today, too. A few got hit by cars while riding their skateboards. Illegals raped a bunch of them and probably killed a couple afterward. An old set of Jarts was probably involved in some extreme tragedy out in the backyards of suburban America, as well.

Of course, that doesn't really have the sex appeal the media needs to work the bedwetters into hysterics. "These dogs are different!" "You need to saw a Pits head off to get its jaws unlocked!" "Someone think of the children!"

I saw pics of the dogs. They looked like there was at least some Mastiff or American Bulldog - not sure which. If I had to guess, I'd say that these dogs were certainly cross-bred with some type of automatic-revolver at the very least.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:01:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Pits are alligators with fur as far as I am concerned, but I have no problem with people owning them so long as they are willing to go to prison when they hurt a human.  If an unfriendly dog comes anywhere near me or mine it will be full of hollow points.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Pits are alligators with fur as far as I am concerned, but I have no problem with people owning them so long as they are willing to go to prison when they hurt a human.  If an unfriendly dog comes anywhere near me or mine it will be full of hollow points.  

+1 to the entire content of this post.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Tired of this. I'll be posting in SIXPM's thread.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I Agree on the last part, but don't dare shoot a small dog even if you fear for your child's life, you will be called a pussy. On the first part I think Any dog owner should go to prison no matter the breed and make the penlitys stiff. You will see a decrease in the amount of dog maulings i guarantee it. Just like a like common crime if the penlity is siting in jail for a few hours people will take the risk, because if they get caught it is no big deal because it just does not effect them enough to obey the law. Make for example stealing a non negotiable 20 years in a hard labor prison, you will see a decrease in people willing to take the risk.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone want to bet that far more kids died today as a result of drunk driving than pit bull attacks. BAN alchohol and cars.

Prayers to the family and I hope they prosecute the owners of the dogs if it is proven that they let them run free unattended.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Ban children , for the pit bulls.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I love this defense...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Rest assured, all the badasses in the country come out when theres one of these threads!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would make sense if this only happened in Ghettos but since it doesn't it doesn't make sense.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:16:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got a call awhile ago from my wife and brother and they both told me 2 gangsters shot a 10 year old boy who later died. Wife said son-in-laws mom was at Good Shepard when they brought the boy in. She had to come over and get a grandson hug after work.

I'm as big a gun lover that ever walked, but man somethings gotta be done with these guns. Guns are fun until something gets drunk, irresponsible and AD's. With the power of bullet strength it's all over.

Prayers to the family, but you anti Pit Bullers sound NO different than an anti gunner. Not a bit different.

When was the last time a gun got up and killed somebody on its own.

Prayers sent for the family
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Why just "these dogs"?  There are other breeds that kill more frequently, yet you don't hear cries against them.

Pit bulls just get the press man.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your point would make sense if dogs were a protected right and if guns could attack folks on their own. And since neither is true it is also true your point is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pits are alligators with fur as far as I am concerned, but I have no problem with people owning them so long as they are willing to go to prison when they hurt a human. If an unfriendly dog comes anywhere near me or mine it will be full of hollow points.

+1 to the entire content of this post.

I agree
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#35]
I hate to hear it when a child gets eaten by an animal. Must be a horrible way to go.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Time to exterminate Pit Bull Terriers.

The new "extinct."  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Somewhere, a kid drowned in a bucket today, too. A few got hit by cars while riding their skateboards. Illegals raped a bunch of them and probably killed a couple afterward. An old set of Jarts was probably involved in some extreme tragedy out in the backyards of suburban America, as well.

Of course, that doesn't really have the sex appeal the media needs to work the bedwetters into hysterics. "These dogs are different!" "You need to saw a Pits head off to get its jaws unlocked!" "Someone think of the children!"

I saw pics of the dogs. They looked like there was at least some Mastiff or American Bulldog - not sure which. If I had to guess, I'd say that these dogs were certainly cross-bred with some type of automatic-revolver at the very least.

Looked like? LOL defenders of Pits are a joke. Truly you guys say the same irrational stupid shit every time a kid is killed and drowning in a bucket while said is not some child being eaten by a dog. I am beginning to think owners of Pits and the defenders of them are just generally not very intelligent and low class.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:20:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
God I HATE irresponsible dog owners who don't care if their dog hurts a child no matter the breed.

Yeah, about as much as I hate irresponsible message board posters who think people who buy pit bulls buy them with the intentions of killing small children for the fun of it. How tall is that high horse you ride? Do you think you can get off it without hurting yourself, or will you need assistance?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Tough guy huh?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tough guy huh?

Grow up
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:25:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey Scrotum for Brains!!!

The Dogs did the killing with teeth.

Your Gang Bangers did it with guns.

I say shott the dogs... shoot the Gang Bangers.

You never did take Debate in school did you.    Ah, shop class.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your point would make sense if dogs were a protected right and if guns could attack folks on their own. And since neither is true it is also true your point is ridiculous.

His point is that people on here think they can ban what ever they want with the same style of media attack that they do against their firearms, but as soon as they use this same tactic to attack their firearms they get so outraged. HOW DARE YOU make up facts on TV and spread the false fear about my firearms. They sound just like the Brady group, the hypocrites who post here is never surprising. So why do you get to decided to ban what someone else holds dear to them and is responsible with, but they can't ban your guns that your responsible with. Sound like me you want to piss in everyone else life but how dare another person do the same to you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do have protected rights. Go kick a police K9 in the nuts and find out what happens. If the dog is trained and will not attack on it's own, only under command, I guess it all good to go in your eyes.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#44]
my baby didnt do anything.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:28:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tough guy huh?

Grow up

Another one? I would venture to guess I'm much older and much wiser than you, grasshopper.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looked like? LOL defenders of Pits are a joke. Truly you guys say the same irrational stupid shit every time a kid is killed and drowning in a bucket while said is not some child being eaten by a dog. I am beginning to think owners of Pits and the defenders of them are just generally not very intelligent and low class.
You are tailor made for california, stay there please and keep your wadded up panties with you.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

FAIL.
Sorry, the 2nd Amendment covers the right to bear arms, not the right to let your killer dogs roam free and kill 10 yr old boys.  Big difference.  Don't think the Bill of Rights has an amendment protecting the right to own a freaking pit bull.

All kinds of places have ordinances againt keeping certain wild animals. Heck in some places you can't keep CHICKENS in your yard.  You're telling me that banning pit bulls would somehow be an infringement of someone's rights?  The state can ban alcohol from certain places, smoking, etc., but heaven forbid someone tells Rodney Redneck he can't keep an animal bred to take down a full grown bull for entertainment.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:30:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are tailor made for california, stay there please and keep your wadded up panties with you.

That's funny right there.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:32:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, about as much as I hate irresponsible message board posters who think people who buy pit bulls buy them with the intentions of killing small children for the fun of it. How tall is that high horse you ride? Do you think you can get off it without hurting yourself, or will you need assistance?

I never said they bought them with the intentions of hurting kids, but the way many treat and train their dog and the lack of respect for this breed is what gets innocent people hurt.  And for one I own a blue noise Pit myself, who is trained and has a responsible owner. So get the fuck off your almighty high horse. Go troll another forum.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#50]

I've never had experience with pit bulls until the last 2 years. My buddy got one and asked me to give the shots. That went fine as the
dog was a puppy then. But now it's big with a massive head and chest. I went over there the other day and it bit me in the hand as I was standing in the kitchen.
Didn't break the skin but bruised my hand and it hurt like hell. I hate to say this because I love dogs and own three right now (2 Dobes, 1 lab), but I'm not comfortable around his pit bull.
As a matter of fact I don't like being around the dog and I don't want my wife anywhere near it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top