Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 11:11:05 AM EDT
I'm on a normal monthly plan with my GF that ends in a few months... $80 / month for a phone I maybe use 60 minutes per month, and my GF might use 120 minutes.

So I want to go prepaid, been looking around, there seems to be 2 choices, either a $1 / day plan with 10 cent / minute price, or a no charge with higher 20 or 25 cents / minute pricing.  

The problem with the $ / day plans is that you get charged it on days you use the phone, I leave it on 24/7 so I can be reached, and I bet a stupid text message or wrong number and you'll get charged for that day.

Nextel seems to be the cheapest so far, but they have lousy coverage in my area.

Anyone go this route and find the better companies / plans?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#1]
From memory, here's my Tracfone breakdown:

Phone $30 (Motorola plain vanilla something)

Double Minutes Card $40 (good for life of phone)

200 minutes Card $38 at Sam's Club (400 minutes with double minutes)

After initial investment, it comes to about 9¢-10¢ per minute.  Minutes expire, but only after many months.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top