Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/16/2009 9:14:46 AM EDT
I was doing a day job when i saw the boss talking to some heifer. I finally figured out what she was up to when he gave her a handful of change.. Here she comes with a story of needing gas money because her pappy is dying. I blew a cork! I told her i heard that scam for years and that i am tired of mother fuckers trying to skin me out of money. I told her i have nobody to go to when i need money and she said if she had it she would give it it me. She finally said that there was no cause to be mean and got into a car with a friend. Fuck these assholes!!!Am i a bad man?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:15:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was doing a day job when i saw the boss talking to some heifer. I finally figured out what she was up to when he gave her a handful of change.. Here she comes with a story of needing gas money because her pappy is dying. I blew a cork! I told her i heard that scam for years and that i am tired of mother fuckers trying to skin me out of money. I told her i have nobody to go to when i need money and she said if she had it she would give it it me. She finally said that there was no cause to be mean and got into a car with a friend. Fuck these assholes!!!Am i a bad man?

Nope
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#2]
You already know the answer.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:20:45 AM EDT
[#3]
My way of dealing with them is as follows.

When bum approaches you asking for money tell him you will give him $50 for one of his fingers. If he wants the money he must chop it off and bring it to me. This leaves you with two possible outcomes, you either get a reputation as "that crazy guy who tried to buy my finger" and never have to deal with them again OR you get a human finger for $50. Anyway it plays out it is worth the time
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:23:13 AM EDT
[#4]
As if yelling at a bum has the slightest effect at all.  It was a waste of elevated blood pressure.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:25:40 AM EDT
[#5]
How come any time you hear a sob story about someone needing gas money they are always driving their 16mpg POS around while looking for gas money?  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

When bum approaches you asking for money tell him you will give him $50 for one of his fingers. If he wants the money he must chop it off and bring it to me. This leaves you with two possible outcomes, you either get a reputation as "that crazy guy who tried to buy my finger" and never have to deal with them again OR you get a human finger for $50. Anyway it plays out it is worth the time

I like the way you think.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:27:27 AM EDT
[#7]
i enjoy making them do some kind of retarded dance for a few minutes befor I throw them about 3 cents and my pocket lint.

Watching sub-human filth humiliate themselves brings me great satisfaction.

Fook um.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Screw the bums.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I had the same thing happen to me on Saturday.

Any San Diego arfcommer will know what area I'm talking about when I say the 'shitty part of Adams Ave'.  I was getting into my truck after stepping out of a grocery store (a VONS) and a man popped up out of know where and leaned into my truck, with his hands and arms INSIDE of my truck.

I withdrew my folder and held it up in front of me––I didn't know what this man was going to do before he said anything and he was halfway in my truck.

It was reminiscent of the Walmart thread with the shouting and the commands, but I felt like I was in danger.  

' BACK THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY TRUCK, RIGHT NOW '

He started to go on about me being a racist white person, yadda yadda. I checked my mirrors, puled out, and got the fuck out of there.

I dont fancy myself a hardass by any means, but I will NOT allow anyone else to put themselves inside of my truck without my permission, getting the drop on me.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#10]
"I don't carry cash, sorry."

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#11]
"You want my Change?

I thought that bum you voted for was going to give you change."

-K
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:37:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I was on my way home from work the other night (I moonlight as a bouncer on Fir and Sat), and I stopped at the gas station.  It is like 1:30 in the AM and this gas station is like the only one open in about a 15mi radius.  As I come walking out of the store I see this bum talking to the guy who's truck is next to me asking for money for gas so he could go to who gives a fuck.  After that guy told him no and left I am the only one left out there, he starts walking towards me, I acted like I did not notice him.  I was OC at the time and turned just enough for him to see my 45, needless to say he did not ask me for shit.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
i enjoy making them do some kind of retarded dance for a few minutes befor I throw them about 3 cents and my pocket lint.

Watching sub-human filth humiliate themselves brings me great satisfaction.

Fook um.

Pretty much. I work for my money, I dont give it to random strangers, however on occasion depending on my mood I am willing to pay to be entertained. If they want some money they better atleast be willing to sing and dance "I'm a little teapot".

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:44:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Love it! Fuck them! When I get stuck for some insane reason in SF Calsforina, I love going off on those POS. Great sport.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Last summer, I was getting gas at a Shell station by the interstate. As I finished filling my tank, a woman in a clean white Ford Excursion said something to me. Thinking she was wanting directions, I took a few steps in her direction. She then asked me for money because her kids had not eaten that day. Now, she was driving a new-looking, clean, gas-guzzling Ford Excursion. She had a female friend in the front and several kids in the back.

I told her that she might want to trade for a smaller fuel-efficient car, and her money troubles might go away. I then got in my car and left.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#16]
I just say "Get a job!" and walk away.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:48:34 AM EDT
[#17]
They are fucking terrible in Memphis
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:51:13 AM EDT
[#18]
I vote no.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#19]
I got one of those at a gas station once.  She just needs five bucks to be able to drive all the way to Philly, then she promises she'd mail me a check when she got there.

Well, Philly is less than 100 miles, how much fuel do you have?

Almost none.

Well you're gonna need a lot more than five bucks, aren't you?

So you'll give me more?

Well I don't have any cash, but pull your car up to the pump and I'll use my credit card for you.

Oh, well my tank is already full.

So you were lying?

No.

But then you have more than enough fuel to get to Philly if your tank is full.

Look, cracker, I just want five bucks for a pack of smokes.

Ah, and the truth comes out.  I appreciate your honesty.  But like I said, I don't have any cash.  Have a nice day.

Fuck you.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Similar thing happened to the wife and me at a gas atation a couple of days ago.  I see this guy running around to everyone who's stopped and when he comes toward us I tell him "NO..whatever it is" He begins to mumble about "already having money but just needs".. and ask him what part of " No" he doesn't understand. He looked at me like i was crazy and wandered out of the station lot.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I will try this...

*makes note and decides to share this idea.*

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:08:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Love it! Fuck them! When I get stuck for some insane reason in SF Calsforina, I love going off on those POS. Great sport.

I work in downtown 'Frisco, and my standard reply for 'spare change' is SHUT UP!!

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Any San Diego arfcommer will know what area I'm talking about when I say the 'shitty part of Adams Ave'.  I was getting into my truck after stepping out of a grocery store (a VONS) and a man popped up out of know where and leaned into my truck, with his hands and arms INSIDE of my truck.

I withdrew my folder and held it up in front of me––I didn't know what this man was going to do before he said anything and he was halfway in my truck.

It was reminiscent of the Walmart thread with the shouting and the commands, but I felt like I was in danger.  

He started to go on about me being a racist white person, yadda yadda. I checked my mirrors, puled out, and got the fuck out of there.

I dont fancy myself a hardass by any means, but I will NOT allow anyone else to put themselves inside of my truck without my permission, getting the drop on me.

Shit man...anywhere but Cali, and drawdown wouldve been imminent!

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#24]
When I see someone who is obviously going to ask me for some cash, I just beat them to the punch.

ME:  Hey, do you have a couple bucks I can have.

THEM:  No, sorry man.

Here is a promise.  All they want is drugs!  Do not give them money!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#25]
I usually do this...

"Money? Do you sing? Dance?"

"No?, well you have to have the edge on the competition somehow, there are a lot of bums out there."

I have also been known to point to random people really far away from me and say, "I don't, but that guy over there has a bunch."

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Anyone that does what she does just brushes off your insults and anger. I just tell them no, no sense in getting worked up over someone who won't care.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
"You want my Change?

I thought that bum you voted for was going to give you change."

-K

Family Guy FTW:

Homeless Man: "Spare some change?"
Peter Griffin: "Sure."
Homeless Man: "You didn't put anything in there."
Peter Griffin: "Yes I did. I put hope in there. Hope.
Don't spend it all in one place raggy."
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:24:21 AM EDT
[#28]
A couple good ones from coworkers...

"Can I get a couple bucks?"
"All I can spare is a job application."

––––-

After saying that he didn't have any money he paid for his food in cash.
"I thought you said you didn't have any money!?"
"I don't have any money for you!"

––––-

"Can I get a little piece of scrap?"
"Hell no!" and rolls up window.
"That's cold man..."
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They are fucking terrible in Memphis

And worse, many of them have built up an immunity to pepper spray.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This wins!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#31]
I just use 4 words:
"GET A FUCKING JOB!"
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#32]

Spare any change?

Change comes from within.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit man...anywhere but Cali, and drawdown wouldve been imminent!

I should not have rolled down my windows before I was in motion–– this guy came out of nowhere, and barring the racist comments, it was like a spider monkey hanging in my fucking window.  I dated a girl who wondered why I carry a multitool, and a folding knife. This is one of those reasons.  I can't always be fully prepared for every scenario I find myself in, but god damn it––I'll try.

I'm not ballsy enough to invite the man into my life or I'd open carry.  Maybe I'll get myself more knowledgeable with our carrying laws, but I just don't feel like being stopped by the police every time I go out, as the area I live in has a large Police presence.

I wish I could conceal carry.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:33:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Hell no there scum, I live in San Antonio in the city and I see the same poeple beggin for money year after year. Spending it all on fast food beer and drugs they are all liars!

I also use the same line as some one further up posted, I beat them to it and as them for money first.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:35:18 AM EDT
[#35]
"I don't carry spare change. It scratches my gun."
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Here is a promise.  All they want is drugs!  Do not give them money!

That's not true.  Some of them want booze.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:38:32 AM EDT
[#37]
If they put the effort into begging for money into finding a job, they'd be better off.  But I guess that would defeat the entire purpose of not working.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#38]
7/10
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#39]
An alternative to simply saying no could be to somehow waste their time, tell them you dont have any change on you but if they wait right there you will be back in 5 minutes, never come back.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#40]
"have any change?"

"nope, just 100s"

or

"yeah, lots"
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#41]
The worst is when they hang around a bank and come up to people at the ATM.  That shit is draw down territory.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Spare any change?

Change comes from within.

We have change.  It's in the White House.  Call Barry.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:46:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
the 'shitty part of Adams Ave'.  

East of the 805?  Yeah, I used to go to the post office on Adams.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#44]
she most likely would have given you oral for $5 too.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#45]
I was walking around Lowe's in a pretty ragged mood when some guy approached me with a gift card.  

"Hey man, I need gas money.  I will sell you this $50 gift card for $20?  I am desperate!"

I retained my composure long enough to ask him to accompany me to Customer Service to validate the card.  His eyes gave him away.  

I lost it, and went off like a Claymore on him right there in the Plumbing Department. My wife stunned into immobility, right in the middle of reaching into her wallet for a twenty.  After I verbally beat the man, followed him to the main asile, calling him nine kinds of dirty, and three kinds of foul in less than my normally demure tone of voice, she regained her composure.  

She was pissed until I explained that the guy had just stolen a gift card from the kiosk and was trying to sell us a worthless card.  

She suddenly was proud.  But I am still a dick.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#46]
A few weeks ago a member here gave a kid a ride that had the same story. It was legit and the member stayed with him threw out the ordeal. I think the kid's wife and duaghter were in a serious car crash. One died, and the member consoled him at the hospital.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#47]
I generally just say "No thanks" and keep moving.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#48]
We've got a local guy that has been hanging out at the same (high-traffic) corners for the past 5, maybe 10 years with his 'homeless' sign. Business must be good to keep him in the same spot for so many years.

I can see it if things went bad for maybe a few months, but as a career?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:02:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Generally, I say screw them.

But, there are exceptions. The other day I saw a really old worn out bum on the corner at the redlight. He looked pretty rough, more so than most. He had a sign that said "Lear Jet out of Fuel––––need bailout".  I gave him a buck just for the laugh.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:04:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Move to Wisconsin.  We don't have panhandlers because it's too cold for them to sit outside.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top