Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 9:08:12 AM EDT
Poor Kimber...

Straight from the Washington Post this morning:

"A Man With a Gun
Sculptor Paul Di Pasquale's latest exhibition will make you squirm a bit: Each piece is a repurposed gun, and each gun was confiscated from a criminal by police officers.  The work is both sad and uplifting; yes, it turns a weapon into a work of art, but at the same time it preserves forever in the artwork the crime the gun enabled.  That's OK, though. We need to be reminded of these things. F.Z."

link to website
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:10:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:15:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Clearly  a failure due to the external extractor.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I heard his exhibits lack Glocks, as the remaining fragments after firing are too small to piece together into good art like that.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#4]
That'll buff right out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#5]
F.Z. is an idiot.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:18:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:20:19 AM EDT
[#7]
"Art"...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:21:40 AM EDT
[#8]
He makes us imagine a distant peaceful future when guns from this violent era are looked at as long abandoned barbaric weapons used by our primitive ancestors. Perhaps one day these "fossilized guns" will be viewed as uncivilized discarded oddities much like our view of guillotines, gladiators' maces or caveman's cudgels.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:22:18 AM EDT
[#9]
"repurposed gun"

Yeah, right...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

heh...they will never get over adding those darn external extractors will they.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:27:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Washington Post probably wouldn't care for my version of gun art

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:27:10 AM EDT
[#12]
This is the same guy that the Richmond City Council commissioned to stick a thumb in the eye of Virginia's (and Richmond's) Civil War history.

We have a famous road named "Monument Avenue".  It's in an urban setting, and as you'd expect, at various locations in the median are large pieces of sclupture.  Up to a certain point in time, ALL were Civil War figures.  Then, at some point around 15-20 years ago, the Richmond City council decided that it needed a statue of Arthur Ashe.  Anbody that disagreed was painted as a racist.  Thus, we got an Arthur Ashe statue (a bad one at that) in our Avenue of Civil War figures.  Note that there already was a public gym/rec center called "The Arthur Ashe Center" that would have been the perfect location for such a statue.

Arthur Ashe was a good guy, and I'm far from a 'long live the south' type of guy, and even to me this was a thumb in the eye to Virginia's history in the guise of "Monument Avenue is a place for Virginia hero's, it's not about the Civil War."

Hold for pic of the shitty statue:

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:35:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is the same guy that the Richmond City Council commissioned to stick a thumb in the eye of Virginia's (and Richmond's) Civil War history.

-snip-

You forgot the part where they awarded him "citizen of the year" or something like that for doing it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:44:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Stupid shit.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:45:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I hope he dies of AIDS.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:45:40 AM EDT
[#16]
typical 1911 kaboom
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#17]
"Each gun was taken away from a convicted criminal by a police officer. Each gun entangled a victim. Each gun ruined at least two lives. All over America, such guns are confiscated daily, and destroyed, so that they will not be resold or used again. Every gun is registered in a data base along with the crime, the mark of the bullet, the cartridge, and the people affected. Your health history is not yet as well documented." says Di Pasquale

Rosie O'Donell is fat because...oh hell never mind.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:46:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Poor Kimber...

Straight from the Washington Post this morning:

"A Man With a Gun
Sculptor Paul Di Pasquale's latest exhibition will make you squirm a bit: Each piece is a repurposed gun, and each gun was confiscated from a criminal by police officers.  The work is both sad and uplifting; yes, it turns a weapon into a work of art, but at the same time it preserves forever in the artwork the crime the gun enabled.  That's OK, though. We need to be reminded of these things. F.Z."

http://crossmackenzieceramicarts.com/artwork/Blue-Break.jpg

link to website

That was a pre Series II, the bastard. It could have been sent in for slide replacement.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We have a famous road named "Monument Avenue".  It's in an urban setting, and as you'd expect, at various locations in the median are large pieces of sclupture.  Up to a certain point in time, ALL were Civil War figures.  Then, at some point around 15-20 years ago, the Richmond City council decided that it needed a statue of Arthur Ashe.  Anbody that disagreed was painted as a racist.  Thus, we got an Arthur Ashe statue (a bad one at that) in our Avenue of Civil War figures.  Note that there already was a public gym/rec center called "The Arthur Ashe Center" that would have been the perfect location for such a statue.

Arthur Ashe was a good guy, and I'm far from a 'long live the south' type of guy, and even to me this was a thumb in the eye to Virginia's history in the guise of "Monument Avenue is a place for Virginia hero's, it's not about the Civil War."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/DriftPunch/Ashe_from_front3large.jpg

That statue used to get paintballed quite frequently.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#20]
How come this guy gets away with not demilling to ATF specs and can transfer his "Art" around without getting his dog shot.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:47:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"repurposed gun"

Yeah, right...

I bet if you took that hunk of shit and bashed F.Z. in the head it could
be a considered "repurposed" as a club.

Chris

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Fuck that shit.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:54:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I hope he dies of AIDS Ebola.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
F.Z. is an idiot.

Exactly
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:08:22 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope he dies of AIDS Ebola. Lead poisoning

By melting guns, not by being shot.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:12:05 AM EDT
[#26]
If this guy can get his hands on these "destroyed" guns, why can't one of us do the same and salvage usable parts from them????     Make lemonade out of lemons??????
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#27]
More people are doing this

http://www.woodlandsonline.com/newsarchives/archivedetails.cfm?id=29375

Terry Jones, a born and raised Texan, living in Jewett, Texas, who makes his sculptures from found objects will also be at the event. Jones learned how to weld as an iron worker and started letting his imagination turn found objects into art. For one of his amazing sculptures he teamed up with The League City Police and Butler Longhorn Museum to create a life-sized longhorn sculpture using confiscated guns and knives mixed with other unique metal objects to turn what was once negative into a positive.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:18:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Washington Post probably wouldn't care for my version of gun art

http://www.pukindogspaintball.com/xtra/sto-rug06-60.jpg

http://www.pukindogspaintball.com/xtra/pair01.jpg

jesus im glad im not prone to eplilepsy

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/DriftPunch/Ashe_from_front3large.jpg

Every time I drove by that shit I thought about what a little thermite would do.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#30]
I wonder, if "artists" can get their hands on confiscated guns, why can't we pass ourselves off as such, and get some for ourselves?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top