Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 9:03:48 AM EDT
So I am in physical therapy now after my shoulder surgery.  As a part of the warm up, the therapist I am seeing has me ride a stationary bike for 10 minutes to get the blood flowing and heart rate up.  This has always been done on a regular upright exercycle.

Well, the exercycle was being used by another patient, so I had to hop onto the recumbent bike.

Holly crap.  I woke up this morning feeling like I pulled a groin muscle.  Fire in the groin so bad that I am having a very hard time finding a comfortable sitting position at work and walking just flat out sucks.

I never would have imagined that just a simple change in position like that could cause so much frakin' pain.  If the doc suggests i use that fucking torture machine again, I am just going to pick it up and chuck it out the window.  Never again.

But, on the plus side, my groin hurts so much that I am not even feeling any pain in my shoulder.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Think I would rather have the shoulder pain
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#2]
IIRC recumbants include an additional muscle group that aren't excercised on a upright stationary bike.  If you havnt conditioned those i imagine they woud feel like crap.  the more you do it, the better it will get.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top