Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 8:13:17 AM EDT
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,526590,00.html

The first "anti-stab" knife is set to hit store shelves in the U.K., designed to work as normal in the kitchen but ineffective as a weapon.

The knife has a rounded edge instead of a point and will snag on clothing and skin to make it more difficult to stab someone.

It was invented by industrial designer John Cornock, who was inspired by a documentary in which doctors advocated banning traditional knives.

Cornock, 42, from Swindon. England, said that the knife will cut vegetables, but will make it almost impossible to stab someone to death and will reduce the risk of accidental injuries.

"It can never be a totally safe knife, but the idea is you can’t inflict a fatal wound," he said. "Nobody could just grab one out of the kitchen drawer and kill someone

I am not a trained Knife fighter but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.  Seems to me that with few exceptions using a knife to slash is still pretty effective way to kill with a knife.  The cutting edge is still sharp.  Rounded tip or not.

Before long the Brits will be eating their steaks as gooey paste with a spoon.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#1]
WOW
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:15:33 AM EDT
[#2]
dupe

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:16:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never bothered to stab a throat before, a slash works fine!

When does the stab proof glass bottle come out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:18:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:18:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've never bothered to stab a throat before, a slash works fine!

When does the stab proof glass bottle come out.

Right after the release of the non-sharpenable stick.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:18:50 AM EDT
[#6]
^
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top