Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2002 7:41:58 PM EDT
So this is gonna be another played out thread but i got to do it. I liked the movie, but...
The realism of it was lacking a wee bit in my opinion. If you have a M249, wouldn't you think you'de be able to hit damn near anything your shootin at? Anyway, what the hell is with the Somolian people at the screening in there country? They cheer every time a Helo goes down or a G.I. dies >:(   I'll cheer when we broaden the terrorist hunt to there country, no holding back type of combat, kill anyone with a gun :) And i must point out, we did kill 1000+ and lost only 19. Thats 19 too many, i would trade all of the "Skinnys" lives for anyone of our boys. Anywho give me some feed back.

Spy
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Enjoyed the book and hated the truth of men dying.  Lots of guns and ammo being distributed, charged and discharged.  I am glad I was not called to do that kind of thing at my age (40).

Movie was fairly enjoyable knowing all the book data.

Note, that all the ###s ammo shot and ONLY 1000 Sammies died is suprising, but only a guess.  Let go on the mini guns and lots go down!

PS

The Terminator said, "  I'LL BE BACK"

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I think that post about Somolias cheering at the expense of our troops in the movie is a hoax.

Edited to add: I saw the movie in Philly, so it was a fairly diverse crowd, and there were not any cheers when American troops were shot.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think that post about Somolias cheering at the expense of our troops in the movie is a hoax.

Edited to add: I saw the movie in Philly, so it was a fairly diverse crowd, and there were not any cheers when American troops were shot.
View Quote

[url]
www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/africa/01/22/blackhawk.screening/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I read this article this morning and was sickened by it.  I agree that not one of any of us in this country is worth a million of them, so with that said, lets be glad next time the big guns will be called in and less GI's will be on the ground.  Lets hope so atleast, my brother is in West Point and wants to go Ranger.  If his aim is as good as mine, you'll see him, his SAW and his CK's at well over 1000.  Next time the mission won't be political.  

[>(]  [50]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Hawkins,

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was about Somolias in America cheering.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#6]
shooting the SAW is nothing like shooting an M16. it rattles and shakes and your head buzzes and your vision gets blurry. 240G and M60E3 are worse. good machinegunning is an art form
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:11:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#8]
With the current world situation, i wouldnt cheer so loudly there since with the Aby Sayaaf terrorists in the Philippine islands, Somalia seems to be next on the Kick The Shit Out Of Terrorists 2002 World Tour.

Payback´s a BITCH..... [:)]

Link Posted: 1/24/2002 8:36:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Let's go get some!
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 9:13:55 AM EDT
[#10]
When I read the book I had the impression that crowds of sammies were getting "mowed" down. I would say that the movie didn't show so many of them getting whacked because it would make "us" look bad. If that is the case, it's fine with me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top