Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 4:34:59 AM EDT
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/16/bomb-plot-carter-gaza-discovered/

FOXNews.com

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hamas has discovered two roadside bombs planted near a crossing between Israel and Gaza on a path former President Jimmy Carter's convoy took to meet with the group's leaders, a Palestinian source told FOX News on Tuesday.

According to the source, the bombs were intended to hit Carter's vehicle as he exited Gaza. There is some suspicion that Hamas extremists identified with Al Qaeda may be behind the attempt.

The former president and chief U.S. defender of the designated terror group will urge the Obama administration to remove Hamas from the terrorist list, FOX News has learned.

Carter will meet with officials in the Obama administration in two days to discuss his latest trip to the Middle East.

Carter said he feels personally responsible that American weapons were used to fight in Gaza last year, when Israeli Defense Forces entered the strip to stop the launch of rockets from there into Israel.

Carter is also trying to persuade Hamas leaders to accept the international community's conditions for ending its boycott of the Islamic militant group.

The international community has asked Hamas to recognize Israel, renounce violence and accept previous peace deals as part of ongoing efforts for Palestinians overall to acquire their own country. Hamas has refused.

Hamas is considered a terrorist group by the U.S. and Europe and has been shunned by much of the world. Israel and Egypt have kept Gaza's borders virtually closed since Hamas overran the territory in 2007, two years after Israel withdrew from the territory in a handover to Palestinians.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:35:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:39:43 AM EDT
[#2]
These liberals are trying to make peace with people that or more determined to kill a Jew or Christian than Hitler or Stalin was.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:40:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Is Jimmy trying to retain his legacy and keep Obama from overtaking it?

Are we seeing a race to the bottom!?!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:42:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Sure they did.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:42:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Hmmmm.....

I think what I want to say might be a CoC violation, so I'll just keep it to myself.  But I'm sure many who read this are thinking the same thing.

I think I will say that I hold Carter and Hamas in abut the same esteem.

-K
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:43:58 AM EDT
[#6]
They actually think the American people are stupid....For good reason I suppose in some cases!

What is bad is there are those who will buy into this crap...Unreal..
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:48:55 AM EDT
[#7]
They are probably meeting to figure out which of them will be named the worst America President in history.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:54:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn...that's unfortunate.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:47:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hmmmm.....

I think what I want to say might be a CoC violation, so I'll just keep it to myself.  But I'm sure many who read this are thinking the same thing.

I think I will say that I hold Carter and Hamas in abut the same esteem.

-K

Yes.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:53:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe Jimbo shouldn't go to Gaza so much.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:54:05 AM EDT
[#11]
And the didn't blame it on Israel? Talk about a missed opportunity.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:54:16 AM EDT
[#12]
"Hey, look-we planted bombs and planned to blow him up, but we didn't. See, we're not terrorists..."

What kind of brain damaged simpleton would even consider that to be valid logic?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:59:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm not a fan of the Israelis, but taking fucking Hamas off the terrorist list is one of the most fucking retarded ideas ever to come out of that senile old idiot's mind.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:02:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Doh? should 've had the speed dial ready for J.C. and his IED
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:10:30 AM EDT
[#15]
"Hey boss, guess what?  I just planted a bomb to take out Carter!! Yaaaaaayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Ahkmed, you are an idiot.  Now the irrelevant old fool will be a martyr.  Go back and dig them up, and we'll say we found them.  And talk to me before doing any more stupid shit."
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:22:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:37:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sure they did.

No kidding, do they think we're fools, wait, the libs of America are...  Hamas plants bombs, then discovers bombs to save Carter, so Hamas tells Carter that we saved your ass, now Hamas urges Carter tell obongo to take Hamas off terrorist list... obongo may take Hamas off terrorist list...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:41:38 AM EDT
[#18]
I have thoughts on Jimmy Carter...

That's all I'm allowed to say.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:43:43 AM EDT
[#19]
I wonder if anybody actually believes this shit.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:47:16 AM EDT
[#20]
My... That is... Well... Terrible... Very very terrible.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:55:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This... is what I expected to find in the story.  But, the day is young.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:00:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Might as well make the best out of two duds
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:03:11 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This... is what I expected to find in the story. But, the day is young.

It is strange they wouldn't find some way to blame it on Teh Jooooos.  I'm surprised Carter himself didn't bring up the possiblity.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:04:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#25]
So the one time Hamas decides NOT to bomb somebody, it's Carter?

Carter is sucking terrorist dick. No surprise there.

Also, in before some dumbass in the news starts blaming "teh joos" for trying to assassinate Carter.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:13:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Just great.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No...he should go there once a month––at least.

HH
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:17:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

HH

He should join those dumbass human shields next time Israel bombs the piss out of Palestine. You know, to show his support for terrorist assholes.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:23:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HH

He should join those dumbass human shields next time Israel bombs the piss out of Palestine. You know, to show his support for terrorist assholes.

We couldn't be so lucky I don't think...

HH
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:23:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Jimmah Carter is a worthless piece of shit. Period... BUT par for the course. I figure he was a fuck up as a President, kind of expected that he is a fuck up as a former President.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top