Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 12:43:14 AM EDT

To those of you who are facing the Basij militias and the Hizbollah thugs in Tehran tomorrow as you make your voices heard for democracy:

You are risking everything in a struggle that I and many in my country believe is one of the most noble and sacred causes a human being can fight for.  You are facing an oppression more ruthless and brutal than any our people have been forced to face in our own country in our lifetimes.

Our ancestors raised this flag when they fought a tyrant.  It's message is precious to us still.

Tomorrow, you need it more than I do now.  You are more worthy of it than I am.

Be brave.  You are struggling for a cause worth fighting for, and worth dying for - and there are very few of those.

Salam Alaikum.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:51:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Text translation, please?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:56:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Should be "Don't walk on me", but it's a net translator, so...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:58:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok, thanks.  I guess that's better than "I can haz saber?"

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:17:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I opened this thread expecting to find pics of a nerf sword.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:01:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I like it!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:15:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I like it!

Ditto that.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:27:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't fuck with a lion carying a sword, what is that, a persian gadsen flag? Oh that we had half the balls they have.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Don't fuck with a lion carying a sword, what is that, a persian gadsen flag? Oh that we had half the balls they have.

That's exactly what it is.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:01:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:03:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Lion with sword is symbol of the Qajar Dynasty?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:25:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lion with sword is symbol of the Qajar Dynasty?

From the brief bit of googling I did, that looked like the closest thing I could find to their national animal (it's on their flag), so I ran with it.

I mean, c'mon.  It's a fucking lion with a goddamn sword.  Bear cavalry can't beat that shit.

EDIT: I just saw a report in a Fark thread that's following the Tehran twitter feeds that made me laugh my ass off...

looks like the /b/tards are rolling several threads with IPs of iranian government sites for DDoS attacks.
wonder how thats going?

The power of /b/ - Iran is feeling it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top