Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 7:19:47 PM EDT
I live about 200 yards from a river.

Well I was having a background interview today at my house for a job that I am applying for.  The background investigator and I were going over my work history, etc.  While my wife had the kids and dog outside.  

About halfway through the interview I saw through the window that my dog was eating something.  It looked like a rat, so I hollered out the window for my wife to see what the dog got ahold of.  

It turned out that it was an 8" trout.  So I excused myself and went outside and took the fish away from my dog.  Then my wife said "look up there, there is a bald eagle.  

Apparently, the eagle caught the fish.  Then dropped it in my backyard.  
It was flying circles over my yard trying to find the fish.  I would imagine that it was pretty pissed.  My dog was also pissed at me for taking the fish away from her.  

Anyways, I thought it was neat and would share.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one drop a mullet onto the hood of my sisters car when she was taking me to work back in the 70s.

Left quite a dent!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:27:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Very cool. A sign of things to come?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#5]
We live on a lake with lots of wildlife and predatory birds.

Found a dead bass in my pool once.

I thought "which one of my dumb friends has enough time to throw dead fish in my pool?"

So i scooped him out and looked closely.

It had talon marks on it's back.

An osprey or bald eagle that fish on the lake must have dropped him.

I wish they would have tried to get him with me watching.  That would have been cool!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Cool

Do you have anymore like it???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top