Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 7:01:48 PM EDT
What happens if all the other nations dump the U.S. bonds?????  ETA why are we borrowing money (bonds) to give aid to foriegn countries?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:02:07 PM EDT
[#1]
We are screwed over. But if we go down we will take many other nations with us when we are not buying their crap anymore or handing out $$.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:04:11 PM EDT
[#2]
The story about Japan, Russia and other countries dumping theirs  has me wondering?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Then Red Dawn happens
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Change
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Manual labor will be valuable again.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Change

Yeaup.

And that "hope" crap will certainly be in the shitter where we've known it was all along...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:29:16 PM EDT
[#7]
In order to dump them some one has to be buying them.  I dont think other nations are lining up to buy our debt.
If the reports I`ve read are true the Saudi`s have a lot to do with the increase in the price of Gold.  Theyre supposedly trading US dollars for Gold as fast as they can.
That means theyve lost confidence in the dollar.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I think it is high time we close our borders. heck, Maybe a little isolationism don't sound bad. We have enough technology and resources to depend on ourselves. We've gotten so damned involved in everyone elses issues....
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In order to dump them some one has to be buying them.  I dont think other nations are lining up to buy our debt.
If the reports I`ve read are true the Saudi`s have a lot to do with the increase in the price of Gold.  Theyre supposedly trading US dollars for Gold as fast as they can.
That means theyve lost confidence in the dollar.

They have already bought it with China being the #1 holder of  them.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:38:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think it is high time we close our borders. heck, Maybe a little isolationism don't sound bad. We have enough technology and resources to depend on ourselves. We've gotten so damned involved in everyone elses issues....

yea, that will turn out well.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We can only hope. I personally think this would solve our problems! Close all borders, deport all illegals,no more foreign aid period, drill more wells in US territorial waters.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:40:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The parts in the computers we use to log onto teh internetz for pr0n and Arfcom aren't made here...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The parts in the computers we use to log onto teh internetz for pr0n and Arfcom aren't made here...
Now, but if we close borders they will be.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top