Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 5:40:10 PM EDT
Sadly,I'm not very tacticool. and I don't adorn my weapons with very many do-dads.

I would however like a small red dot  that I could mount in front of a flip up sight on a flat top.
So far I haven't had much luck but I have seen the  Aimpoint Micro Dot on the web.
I haven't handled one and don't know if they would work well on their own.

Anybody have one?
And if so how small are they and will the front sight post block my view?

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Too expensive for me.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one for a short time. They are very nice but it didn't work well for me due to using constant up BUIS. With the rear sight and FSB the rather small window of the micro made it difficult to pick up the dot quickly. I'm sticking to my M2's for these reasons.

If I were to do a future build with one it would be equipped with fold down front and rear BUIS.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one mounted so it gets a 1/3 lower co witness. You get used to it and don't even notice the front sight.

It much smaller than anything else on the market right now as far as top of the line dot sights. Very light weight too.

I love mine, and am getting another for my second build.

Hope this helps a little.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#4]
gonna order one this friday... just don't know from where yet tho
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
gonna order one this friday... just don't know from where yet tho

Try smartgunner on ebay.

Got mine there, and he is cheaper than anyone else.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Smart-Gunner__W0QQ_armrsZ1
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I have two mounted on ARs with LaRue mounts.

I like them. Light, fast sight picture. Long lasting batteries.

The only thing that I don't like about them is that they need batteries to operated. Great for range work, classes, competition. You can add a 3X magnifier in front of it a' la the Aimpoint M3.

My GTG (go-to-gun) has an ACOG. Doesn't need batteries and still works well in low light.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#7]
can't seem to find the T-1 in his store... I'm interested in the NV compatibility.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sadly,I'm not very tacticool. and I don't adorn my weapons with very many do-dads.

I would however like a small red dot  that I could mount in front of a flip up sight on a flat top.
So far I haven't had much luck but I have seen the  Aimpoint Micro Dot on the web.
I haven't handled one and don't know if they would work well on their own.

Anybody have one?
And if so how small are they and will the front sight post block my view?

Light, robust, easy to see, battery life and protection are good.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:28:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
can't seem to find the T-1 in his store... I'm interested in the NV compatibility.

Sorry about tha man

Try and google his regular sight. He might have them there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top