Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 4:43:53 PM EDT
I'm seriously considering stocking up on pre-ban, higher nicotine content cigs to resell at a later date for profit.  And I don't even smoke!

eta: Anyone know of any good playgrounds or schools with high traffic?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't they get stale?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Don't they get stale?

I suppose I could store them in a humidor?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm seriously considering stocking up on pre-ban, higher nicotine content cigs to resell at a later date for profit.  And I don't even smoke!

Interesting how you worked the CoC piece in there....
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Don't they get stale?

Yes.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Consider it a reading comprehension exercise.  

Circle the statement made in jest.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

'Comon kid...It'll make you feel good...

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Freezer!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Won't lower nicotine cigarettes mean smokers will smoke twice as much to get the same buzz?

This is helping them how?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Don't they get stale?

Smokers who are seriously craving for a smoke wouldn't care if they were stale or not.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Won't lower nicotine cigarettes mean smokers will smoke twice as much to get the same buzz?

Johnny smoker gets that same old nicotine feeling without having to spend all day sucking down a pack of cigarettes and turning into tracheotomy man.

Really, the objective is more about my own income tho.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Dude, $4.80 a pack best price for basics in Indiana. Switch to pot man, you will save in the long run. When I smoked pot (in moderation) it was cheaper then. That was at 2.50 for real cowboy killers. Now I just punish my liver, but my lungs are healthy again. Almost time to switch again!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Forget stocking up on pre-ban smokes, roll your own.

Grow some tobacco and get one of them home rolling machings. It's kind of like making reloads if you use the prefab tubes.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:07:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Johnny smoker gets that same old nicotine feeling without having to spend all day sucking down a pack of cigarettes and turning into tracheotomy man.

If they are lower nicotine, doesn't he have to suck down MORE to get the same feeling?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:09:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Forget stocking up on pre-ban smokes, roll your own.

Grow some tobacco and get one of them home rolling machings. It's kind of like making reloads if you use the prefab tubes.

Growing good tobacco for profit is not economical on a small scale.  It's pretty labor intensive and takes alot of skill.

I don't want to smoke.  I want to make some easy money.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If they are lower nicotine, doesn't he have to suck down MORE to get the same feeling?

Yes

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The new ones will be lower nicotine.  Those will be the ones at the store.

The ones he could get from me will be the ones that are sold now but for not too much longer.  Pre-lower nicotine mandate.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:12:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well how the hell else is Obama going to collect more taxes???
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What? and drag the ATF in to your life more? Whats next, setting up a still?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Preban cigarettes wil probably go for $50 a pack.  Get as many as you can NOW!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't you get the memo?  Tobacco is moving to regulation by the FDA.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:15:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've heard that  Tobacco is being turned over to the FDA, so there won't be any ATF any more.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Hell yea, I think its a great investment.  You need at least 87 cases.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Get 'em online or from south curolina.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Maybe get one of those vacuum sealers and keep them in a cool dark place.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I've never smoked a cigarette in my life... But I like the sound of making money of pre-bans.

BTW the government should keep it's nose out of peoples lives!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Let's see...

Philip Morris International, Inc. (PM)
Last $42.89, Down -0.63; -1.45%, with 10,373,623 shares exchanged today.

For every share of PM you have by the Ex-Date* of June 20, you will receive 54¢ in dividends.

Does that answer your Question?

*The Ex-Date, or Ex-Dividend Date, is the first day that a stock trades without entitlement to the next dividend. The ex-date is two trading days prior the record date.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Let's see...

Philip Morris International, Inc. (PM)
Last $42.89, Down -0.63; -1.45%, with 10,373,623 shares exchanged today.

For every share of PM you have by the Ex-Date* of June 20, you will receive 54¢ in dividends.

Does that answer your Question?

*The Ex-Date, or Ex-Dividend Date, is the first day that a stock trades without entitlement to the next dividend. The ex-date is two trading days prior the record date.

Trading stocks on a short term basis feels alot like vegas style gambling to me.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

it helps the .gov collect more outragious taxes
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:45:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't you get the memo?  Tobacco is moving to regulation by the FDA.

Great, like they need even less to keep them occupied
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've heard that  Tobacco is being turned over to the FDA, so there won't be any ATF any more.

BAEF

We don't make the guns you like.  We take them from you...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quit telling everyone my plans.  I was going to be rich by next month.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The new ones will be lower nicotine.  Those will be the ones at the store.

The ones he could get from me will be the ones that are sold now but for not too much longer.  Pre-lower nicotine mandate.

lower nic = more smoking = more taxes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top