User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 4:03:08 PM EDT
WTF!! Link
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Fucked up
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:06:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen that before. I'm pretty sure they removed the fangs and toxins.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#3]
With so many people, life is cheap.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#4]

I don't know what to say about that.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah that snake was probably a venemoid.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#7]
So glad I'm a westerner.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:09:32 PM EDT
[#8]
What the hell kind of shit is that? I don't care if the snake is "neutered" or what...that is just fucked up.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:10:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Nah, I think the removed the fangs from the Cobra. It would be like getting bit by a gardner snake.

Cobras are cool as hell though, my favorite snake.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#10]
That's how they dispose off children there?

Or maybe it was misguided babysitter
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#11]
mouth is sewn shut
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
mouth is sewn shut

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:17:50 PM EDT
[#13]
.hmm

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#14]
waaaay old
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Is this from that "Deadliest Warrior" show?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:40:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
mouth is sewn shut

Only slightly less fucked up.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:56:25 PM EDT
[#18]
3rd world idiots at their best!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Snake charmers sew the cobra's mouth shut. It cant hurt the kid unless it pulls out the stitches.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#21]
at first i was angry and thinkin that was  f'd up, but then i read the snopes and i was like
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Fangs are removed or sometimes the mouth is sewn shut. With the former being far more common.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Snake charmers sew the cobra's mouth shut. It cant hurt the kid unless it pulls out the stitches.

exactly what i have heard about it. kind of takes the fun out of snake charming dont you think?

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What the hell kind of shit is that? I don't care if the snake is "neutered" or what...that is just fucked up.

That pretty much says it all.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
mouth is sewn shut

Only slightly less fucked up.
How does the cobra take in nutrition?

Obama speeches.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:05:25 PM EDT
[#26]
People, really, for the most part, suck.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#27]
That baby was in less danger than a baby playing with your family dog.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#28]
That is some kind of fucked up.

I dont give a shit if his fangs were removed and or mouth sewn up or not.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#29]
strange really strange
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:16:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

exactly what i have heard about it. kind of takes the fun out of snake charming dont you think?

Yeah, my friend who collects snakes and other reptiles told me about it. I swore I could see a small tear in his eyes when he was talking about it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:50:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

That baby was in less danger than a baby playing with your family dog.

Except that now he/she may think playing with a cobra is a survivable play activity.  Rates a "barbaric" behavior hammer.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#33]
wanted a boy....
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:08:43 AM EDT
[#34]
The snake is "striking" without even opening its mouth. Even if it didn't have fangs, it would still try to bite,,,,,, if it could. The mouth is sewn shut.

––––-

India cracked down on snakecharmers because that was the main source of illegal snake skins originating from inside India (-in other words, snakes kept by snake-charmers are not expected to live long-).

Give Hajib a cobra from the London or Chicago zoo, and watch him shit bricks, before taking an ambulance ride.
~
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:16:47 AM EDT
[#35]
people need to fucking relax, seriously.

it's part of snake charmer culture in india.  their infants are exposed to these defanged and rendered-harmless cobras as a ritual for extinguishing the innate primate fear of snakes.

but don't let that get in the way of your xenophobia.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:45:32 AM EDT
[#36]
If that snake had fangs, based on the size of the baby, said baby would have been unconcious before the film had ended. Defanged or mouth sewn shut. Still WTF though
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:29:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

it's part of snake charmer culture in india.  their infants are exposed to these defanged and rendered-harmless cobras as a ritual for extinguishing the innate primal fear of snakes.

but don't let that get in the way of your xenophobia.[/url]

I wasn't "worked up" about it, no more than a Hindu would get worked up about people in the USA killing and eating cows.

Methinks perhaps you need to grasp the whole concept here: the defanging/sewing mouths shut isn't just for the kiddies. All Indian snake charmers do it, with all the snakes they use. Usually it slowly kills the snake, but the charmers don't care about that, because when the snake becomes too weak to perform anymore they just skin it, sell the skin (illegally) and then go catch another snake.

I don't particularly care about Indians killing cobras any more than I care about people eating cats, dogs, horses or anything else––but there's no ancient mysticism involved in snake-charming, nor is there really anything involving skill. A dying snake is mostly what you need.
~

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:17:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's part of snake charmer culture in india.  their infants are exposed to these defanged and rendered-harmless cobras as a ritual for extinguishing the innate primal fear of snakes.

I wasn't "worked up" about it, no more than a Hindu would get worked up about people in the USA killing and eating cows.

Methinks perhaps you need to grasp the whole concept here: the defanging/sewing mouths shut isn't just for the kiddies. All Indian snake charmers do it, with all the snakes they use. Usually it slowly kills the snake, but the charmers don't care about that, because when the snake becomes too weak to perform anymore they just skin it, sell the skin (illegally) and then go catch another snake.

I don't particularly care about Indians killing cobras any more than I care about people eating cats, dogs, horses or anything else––but there's no ancient mysticism involved in snake-charming, nor is there really anything involving skill. A dying snake is mostly what you need.
~

I thought the Indians had some sort of reverence for Cobra's.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:44:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

~

I thought the Indians had some sort of reverence for Cobra's.

They revere the money ignorant tourists pay to watch them " charm " the deadly snake.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:09:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

it's part of snake charmer culture in india.  their infants are exposed to these defanged and rendered-harmless cobras as a ritual for extinguishing the innate primate fear of snakes.

but don't let that get in the way of your xenophobia.
http://www.slaphappysusan.com/files/internet_serious_business_framed.jpg

Yup, everyone who doesnt like seeing people force babies to play with snakes is a xenophobe; just like everyone who didnt vote for Obama is a racist.

Get real.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:03:48 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Is this from that "Deadliest Warrior" show?

That'd be an AWESOME episode!

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:07:22 AM EDT
[#42]
That baby defeated the cobra, which automatically made him King of No-pants-a'stan.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:16:04 AM EDT
[#43]
yeah, a cultural misunderstanding...

That is all sorts of fucked up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top