Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/15/2009 1:28:13 PM EDT
Ok, so my brother in law is 28. He has been looking for a good girl for some time now. He comes across this girl about 2 or 4 months ago.

He was really excited about her, but he never brought her around to meet the family until 2 weekends ago. So mind you, we are all meeting this girl for the first time.

As soon as I walked in, I said hi, shook her hand, and glanced down at her left had, and bam, there was a big ol' diamond ring.

I said my congrats, then they go further and say that she is pregnant!!!!!!!! She seemed really nice, but that seemed somewhat fake to me, which I said after they left, to my wife and mother in law. They thought I was just being an "asshole" in their own words.

So last weekend, at my wifes baby shower, they both show up. And through the course of the day, we meet the real girl. She flipped out at him countless times for the dumbest shit possible. She cusses like a sailor, and my fathers side of the family was there, and they dont appreciate too much cursing, or any for that matter. So I told him, to tell her to keep it to a minimum and stop yelling fuck, needless to say, she didnt appreciate him telling her that, at all. She is nuts, there is no doubt in my mind about that.

I dont even know how to go about telling him that he should hold off on the marriage, at least for now. They plan on getting married at the end of this month

He is very defensive of his actions and decisions in life, no matter how bad they may be. So if I say anything to him about her, Im sure he wouldnt take the advice, nor talk to me again for some time.

I hate seeing him make such a bad decision.

Does the hive mind think I should just have a sit down with him regardless of how irrational he may be, or is?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like he will find out soon enough what a big mistake he made.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Does the hive mind think I should just have a sit down with him regardless of how irrational he may be, or is?

Get him a screen name and a membership..  That way it will be easier to blame the Arfcom curse, and not his bad choices..
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:37:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Solution and has worked in the past, most specifically for my brother.

Attempt to convince him out of it until the wedding day.  Before they walk out, gather some cash and have a good buddy waiting in a car outside the church with the engine running.  (In our case a drop top 454SS Chevelle).  

"Listen ____, "Hol (my wife) gave me 3K we can go and take off somewhere and comeback in a week what's it going to be, your making the biggest mistake of your life."

Needless to say we spent the next 5 days in Myrtle Beach.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#4]
There is nothing you can do except sit back and watch the show.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Some people you just can't help. All you can do is to stand back and document the carnage.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:39:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Save your breath.

He wont listen and he will end up mad at you.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#7]

To get through to him would take a family intervention.

Get "all" the family together and invite him over alone. Let mom or dad run the show and everyone else back them up.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:41:10 PM EDT
[#8]
laugh at him cause it aint you
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:46:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#10]
little head takes over, big head shuts down

let him suffer the embarasments for his decisions, only way to learn the lesson

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Save your breath.

This is what I was thinking as well. I just hate watching him do this to himself. We have been friends with him for a long time now, and I hate watching friends make stupid decisions.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Since a child is on the way it's all over for him anyway whether he marries her or not.

At this point all you can do is to wish him the best and hope that things work out.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Sometimes the purpose of someone's life is to serve as a warning to others
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Firstly, this chick hot?  Pics!

Your *best* bet might be to nicely ask him if he is *sure* she is pregnant.  I mean I am sure no woman in the whole world has ever lied about being pregnant to trap some guy, but maybe just this once...  It might piss him off a bit, but might also get him thinking.  He might just be so dead set on "doing the right thing" he isn't really thinking it through.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Tell him how you see it in the nicest possible manner, if he gets really angry about it then drop it.

Its a win-win situation.

Your conscience is clean because you did warn him, he gets told the truth and might see the light and if he gets pissed off you will have one less idiot to talk to.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Firstly, this chick hot?  Pics!

Your *best* bet might be to nicely ask him if he is *sure* she is pregnant.  I mean I am sure no woman in the whole world has ever lied about being pregnant to trap some guy, but maybe just this once...  It might piss him off a bit, but might also get him thinking.  He might just be so dead set on "doing the right thing" he isn't really thinking it through.

Firstly, no, she isnt. Shes not a pig or anything, but not hot.

And they have been at the doctor together, she is pregnant.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Sounds like he is self destructing (in his choice for a wife).  One of my sisters did something similar in her choice of husband.  My parents tried to warn her, but the stronger stance they took against her fiance, the more she clung to him.  Sometimes people just have to learn from their own poor choices.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Firstly, no, she isnt. Shes not a pig or anything, but not hot.

And they have been at the doctor together, she is pregnant.

Suck, he is screwed.  There is always the option of a hell of a bachelor party that someone accidentally tips her off about.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:04:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Is the kid his?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Dude, you are going to be competing with her Vagina.

You may as well sit back and watch the show.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:09:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Save your breath.

+1

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:10:32 PM EDT
[#23]
All you can do is be supportive of him, he is family. Just convey to him that you all are there for him no matter what. Sounds like this is going to really bite him in the ass so just be there for him when it happens and hopefully he will learn from the mistake. Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Is the kid his?

Good question.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:15:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Is the kid his?

Good question.

I have no way of knowing, and neither could he at this point. She is only about 2 months pregnant.

First thing I thought of right after, "There is no way this is going to work."
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:49:16 PM EDT
[#26]
If he got her pregnant then he is right to man up and be a dad.  If his wife makes his life a living hell while being a good dad, then that was his choice to screw before marrying.  Right now it should be mostly about giving the kid a solid dad to depend on and being a provider.  He might even be able to civilize his wife over time, but don't count on it.

The best thing to do is be a great friend/brother and give him all your support to raise the child, as it sounds like he will need some strong encouragement in the years ahead.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Print out this picture and mail it to him anonymously.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:56:40 PM EDT
[#28]
crazy bitches fuck like champs.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I know this to be true.

He's in a sexual trance right now. Hopefully he'll snap out of it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:29:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They also sever penises.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Oh yeah... goin' down in flames, this one is.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:33:07 PM EDT
[#32]
"We all create our own DRAMA"!

300RUM
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:34:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yes they do.  I came close to the same trap but ejected and learned from it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Fake his death in a tragic motor cycle accident
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#35]
This is gonna be expensive for your brother in law.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#36]
He will be divorced within a year and a half and pay child support and alimony for the next 18.

She probably left some other dude for him and is still screwing around on him.

He will not realize this yet.

Look for her to make a scene at the wedding and his honeymoon will be a train wreck.

(this happened to one of my best buds, he married a nutbar and history does repeat itself)
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#37]
and $5 says the kid doesn't look like him

Is this her first, second or third trip down the aisle?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#38]
the kid his?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
She seemed really nice, but that seemed somewhat fake to me, which I said after they left, to my wife and mother in law. They thought I was just being an "asshole" in their own words.

So did you call your wife and MIL on this after you were proven right?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#40]
GO GET HIM LAID! Pay a hooker if you have to!

He is putting it on a pedastool, and this will NOT end well!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#41]
He's not nuts (not bright, but not nuts)
his soon to be wife  
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
She seemed really nice, but that seemed somewhat fake to me, which I said after they left, to my wife and mother in law. They thought I was just being an "asshole" in their own words.

Absolutely, I didnt let it go 5 minutes after they left before I broke out the "I told ya so"
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely, I didnt let it go 5 minutes after they left before I broke out the "I told ya so"

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Push down some basement  stairs.Then fall on top of her.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#45]
I have a little brother who was almost married (twice) to a similar whackjob.

I had enough and told him not only was I not going to his wedding but that she was a self centered bitch that brought out the worst in him.

Wedding got called off.

The rest of my family thanked me.

My brother won't talk to me (yet) but he'll come around.

Sometimes you gotta just be that guy and swing the sword of truth.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:25:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Good for him, tell him to join arfcom and post his stories of the crazy pregnant bitch, either way for him he's fucked with them having a kid....      We need a "Fucked Up Family" sub-forum, lots of good stories and WTF in there.....
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:27:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Is the kid his?

Good question.

I have no way of knowing, and neither could he at this point. She is only about 2 months pregnant.

Maybe you could tell him the kid is yours?

That will not end will.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:37:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Your heart is in the right place but, as you know, you are powerless to alter what is going to happen.  

My mother and I tried to do an intervention on my brother when he announced his engagement but he got married anyway.  Now he has a miserable life but he can't say anything to us or receive any moral support from us because we warned him and his pride won't let us know that we were right.  

It must be hell to have a wife who does not want to work, who likes to boss everyone around, keeps a filthy house and kitchen, is hostile toward in laws, insists on expensive cars (for the safety of the children) and always wants to go to restaurants instead of cooking.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
GO GET HIM LAID! Pay a hooker if you have to!
He is putting it on a pedastool, and this will NOT end well!

Quoted:
I have a little brother who was almost married (twice) to a similar whackjob.
I had enough and told him not only was I not going to his wedding but that she was a self centered bitch that brought out the worst in him.
Wedding got called off.
The rest of my family thanked me.
My brother won't talk to me (yet) but he'll come around.
Sometimes you gotta just be that guy and swing the sword of truth.

This.  Or, just MYOB, depending on the situation & idiots people involved.  

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the kid his?
Good question.
Maybe you could tell him the kid is yours?

That will not end will.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top