Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 12:23:21 PM EDT
Hey everyone!

I just won an Apple Ipod Touch and Ive been wondering what kind of apps would be good for a SHTF situation.

So far the best one I have is Topos2Go which allows me to download and store topo maps of any area I want.

I also have a program called America Lite (Collections of documents and American History), and Your Rights (A program about a persons legal rights in America)

Im sure there have to be more Apps out there that would be useful. Does anyone else know of any?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I like Peggle!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:28:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure you won't have too much electricity during a SHTF situation, and if you have a generator, you might be better off using it for more important things.

But I think the fishing game on there is pretty cool. Or maybe that ballistics program.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure you won't have too much electricity during a SHTF situation, and if you have a generator, you might be better off using it for more important things.

But I think the fishing game on there is pretty cool. Or maybe that ballistics program.

I agree, But 10 hours of battery and very low wattage consumption means I can charge it while I power the essentials for very little extra gas consumption.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]
find some ballistics calc?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, But 10 hours of battery and very low wattage consumption means I can charge it while I power the essentials for very little extra gas consumption.

Get the solar power recharger setup from Costco..
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Really?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Really?

Im going to put my collection of Survival books on it in PDF format. Such things like "Where there is no doctor"
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#8]
KAC Bullet Flight 2.0.0
http://www.knightarmco.com/bulletflight/index.htm

Then use this to attach to weapon

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:46:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They make solar chargers for just about anything now-a-days. A friend of mine has one for his cellphone/ mp3 player and it works awesome.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:53:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I prefer Ballistic for a ballistics app.

http://ballistic.zdziarski.com/

There are a ton of screenshots at the above link.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?

Im going to put my collection of Survival books on it in PDF format. Such things like "Where there is no doctor"
I didn't know you could put PDF's on it.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Pocket tanks
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Really?

I didn't know you could put PDF's on it.

There are a couple of PDF apps out there. I have to figure out how IM suppose to get them to my touch though.

Id really like to have a decent library of stuff like that on there.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Scriptures
Knot Guide
Flashlight
Shralptide
Carpenter
MotionX GPS

and, of course - Monster Pinball

Ack. RIF. I didn't realize you were talking about the Touch and not the iPhone. A couple of those apps will be worthless on the Touch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top