Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 11:32:08 AM EDT
http://www.geocentricity.com/

I received a flier in the mail concerning this last week. Those who interpret the Bible literally believe it's a compromise of God's infallible Word to teach Heliocentrism (the belief that the earth rotates around the sun), when Scripture refers to the sun rising and setting in relation to the Earth. It was a mass flier and didn't have my name on it. I'm in the Southeast. Did anyone else get this?

Edit to add pic of the flier I received:

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Those who interpret the Bible literally believe it's a compromise of God's infallible Word to teach Heliocentrism (the belief that the earth rotates around the sun), when Scripture refers to the sun rising and setting in relation to the Earth.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:33:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

x 1 Brazilion

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#3]
At the time it was written this was the common belief.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't have an opinion, I just clicked on here to see if your were going to tell me what the words meant.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#5]
The Earth is flat and the sun is an illusion.

In your heart, you know it's true.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:38:50 AM EDT
[#6]
The heliocentric model is just a fad.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#8]
IIRC, the "sun rising and setting" was in Psalms, which were written by MAN.  Besides, who cares if the Bible says that - don't we say it that way even today, even though we know that the Earth is turning rather than the Sun rising/setting?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
IIRC, the "sun rising and setting" was in Psalms, which were written by MAN.  Besides, who cares if the Bible says that - don't we today it that way even today, even though we know that the Earth is turning rather than the Sun rising/setting?

huh?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#10]
The sun is a hoax.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:12:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Those who interpret the Bible literally believe it's a compromise of God's infallible Word to teach Heliocentrism (the belief that the earth rotates around the sun), when Scripture refers to the sun rising and setting in relation to the Earth.

Who told you such nonsense?

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I received a flier in the mail concerning this last week. Those who interpret the Bible literally believe it's a compromise of God's infallible Word to teach Heliocentrism (the belief that the earth rotates around the sun), when Scripture refers to the sun rising and setting in relation to the Earth. It was a mass flier and didn't have my name on it. I'm in the Southeast. Did anyone else get this?

It's only a theory.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Ahhhh, Monday threads.........
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#14]

There is no spoon...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Just more people who are threatened by science. These have to be an even greater fringe than the anti-evolutionists.

Because God made our universe with laws of science it will never really contradict the Bible. People are at odds with creationism and evolution or helio vs geo centrism - but why would God create a process that refutes the Bible? The answer would be our understanding of the Bible is what is at odds.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I prefer Synchronicity.

Glad I could contribute to this thread.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Kooks.

Coming from an 'interpret the Bible literally' background, there was absolutely NO 'flat earth' or 'earth-centric-universe' involved...

Geocentricity is actually something the Mideval-era Catholic Church got from Aristotle. The 'hearsey' in suggesting heliocentric-theory was not the theory itself, but daring to challenge tradition/doctrine....

Unlike evolution (which one can 'not believe' and still have a fully functional knowledge & workable range of science - evolution on an origin-of-species-level is only applicable to that one area of biology - changing the 'origin theory' doesn't effect anything else), the solar system has been proved by space exploration, and is dictated by the (observable) laws of physics.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#18]
The sun is a lie.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Who told you such nonsense?

There are nut jobs out there of every religious flavor. What is sad is that one small group of nuts comes out and says something stupid, and then people say "LOOK! CHRISTIANS HATE SCIENCE!!! THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE THAT THE EARTH REVOLVES AROUND THE SUN!!!!" as if one small group of nuts represents all Christians.

Somehow though we accept it as an absolute fact that the people who destroyed the Twin Towers don't represent Islam.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Just more people who are threatened by science. These have to be an even greater fringe than the anti-evolutionists.

Because God made our universe with laws of science it will never really contradict the Bible. People are at odds with creationism and evolution or helio vs geo centrism - but why would God create a process that refutes the Bible? The answer would be our understanding of the Bible is what is at odds.

That is a good way to look at thiings...

God wrote the book...

God made the universe....

It's our understanding of the universe and/or the book, that is flawed...

Not something God did...

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Both are wrong.

The universe revolves around me.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#22]
The OP makes me believe in trolls...

Welcome to 2009 OP from wherever you came from... 1000AD I guess.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:55:01 PM EDT
[#23]
It all depends on if they are on a treadmill or not

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8272/geocentricity.jpg

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a whole jpg no web site.

So you are just another run of the mill shit stirring low post troll then and have no other excuse... Hey you do know I never really believed you were from 1000 AD.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you are just another run of the mill shit stirring low post troll then and have no other excuse... Hey you do know I never really believed you were from 1000 AD.

It's just a pic of the flier I received in the mail.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's just a pic of the flier I received in the mail.

Sure... My apologies I forgot school was out.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is a good way to look at thiings...

God wrote the book...

God made the universe....

It's our understanding of the universe and/or the book, that is flawed...

Not something God did...

Only God didn't write the Bible.  Men wrote it.  Men prone to failure.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:16:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#30]
OMG - anyone with any sort or reason or logic do NOT read the other articles. I mean - wow. Some of the articles are complete - COMPLETE works of fiction. A 12 yr old with an encyclopedia could write a better article.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top