Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 10:19:02 AM EDT
http://news.mensactivism.org/node/12776

A pair of Indiana brothers, Joel and Aaron Longanecker, have convinced more than a quarter-million males to promise to "stand up and do manly things" on June 15 in observance of their proposed new holiday –– National Man Day.

Their National Man Day page on Facebook urges men across the country to take time to get in touch with their masculine sides on Monday. Suggested activities include playing football, camping, hunting, eating 18-ounce steaks, blowing things up, shooting guns, punching each other for no reason, pumping some iron or "watching every Rambo movie from beginning to end. Straight through!"

The purpose of the proposed holiday, according to the National Man Day page, is to acknowledge that the time has arrived "to take back the crown of masculinity."
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#1]
"Suggested activities include playing football, camping, hunting, eating 18-ounce steaks, blowing things up, shooting guns, punching each other for no reason, pumping some iron or "watching every Rambo movie from beginning to end. Straight through!"

It looks like I have a list of chores for the day.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations on needing a special day to act like men.

I didn't know that it was so difficult for them to do it for the other 364 days of the year.

_MaH
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I didn't know that it was so difficult for them to do it for the other 364 days of the year.

_MaH

MTV/other media  drills it into kids that being a true man isn't cool.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:23:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

http://news.mensactivism.org/node/12776
A pair of Indiana brothers, Joel and Aaron Longanecker, have convinced more than a quarter-million males to promise to "stand up and do manly things" on June 15 in observance of their proposed new holiday –– National Man Day.

Their National Man Day page on Facebook urges men across the country to take time to get in touch with their masculine sides on Monday. Suggested activities include playing football, camping, hunting, eating 18-ounce steaks, blowing things up, shooting guns, punching each other for no reason, pumping some iron or "watching every Rambo movie from beginning to end. Straight through!"

The purpose of the proposed holiday, according to the National Man Day page, is to acknowledge that the time has arrived "to take back the crown of masculinity."

They make it sound so ghey too...

And as far as needing permission.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:23:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Eating steak, playing sports, camping and shooting guns? Why would I want to waste my weekend activities on a Monday?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#6]
hooo-rahhh as i pound my chest
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I  much prefer steak and blow job day..  March 14th for those who are uninformed...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

_MaH

Seriously, this is a man's world.

Act like it.

Only whiny ineffectual losers need holidays or months named after them to gain recognition.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I act like a man every day.  Are Indian men pussies?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Fook this metrosexual, dooshbag, fag holiday.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I  much prefer steak and blow job day..  March 14th for those who are uninformed...

...You wouldn't be referring to Feb .14th, would you?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:31:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Wow today is my 18th wedding aniversery. as well as man day! ZOMG my head is gona assplode!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:35:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

_MaH

MTV/other media  drills it into kids that being a true man isn't cool.

You know what?  I've changed my mind.  You're right.  I DON'T want today's youth –– my generation (I'm 25) and younger ones –– to turn off the MTV.  I want them to suckle off the sweet, sweet tit of popularity and external validation.  I want them to spend their whole life doing what they're told is popular and cool.

Why?

Because that's where I'll be to make a buck off these losers at every turn.

Never feel guilty about profiting off stupidity - it's economical natural selection.

_MaH
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#14]
cant wait to punch my roommate in the face when he comes home....happy man day mother fucker
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Interestingly, nothing on that list has anything to do with being a real man. I don't see stuff like being responsible and accountable, being honest, providing for your family as best you can, standing up for freedom and the oppressed, having a good work ethic, etc anywhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top