Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 9:35:18 AM EDT
click

Proud To Be American? You Should Be Ashamed

We have seen the largest looting operation in history perpetrated against The American People.

Over $5 trillion dollars in junk securities were marketed and sold.  They had a real value of about $2 trillion dollars; the other $3 trillion, roughly, was pure fiction.

The banks created and sold these throughout the world, with the full knowledge and support of Congress, The Fed, and the banks themselves.

It was pure fraud.

Granting someone a "mortgage" based only on whether they can fog a mirror is proof positive of malfeasance, unless you disclose this fact to the buyers of these securities - a fact that was not disclosed until after the securities blew up.

Lenders, builders and others pressured appraisers to "hit the numbers" to support these fraudulent deals.  Proof of that is found in the nearly-10-year-old Appraisers Petition bearing thousands of appraiser signatures.

That ratings were a "mistake", either real or intentional, is a matter of now-known historical fact.

Americans have sat on their butts through all of this, allowed their 401ks and IRAs to be trashed, their supposed "home values" to be pumped and then destroyed, and their hopes, dreams, employment and house have all vanished into the ether of fraud.

When this came to light the banks went to Congress, and supported by The Fed's intentional draining of liquidity to create an immediate "crisis", they got a $700 billion bailout bill passed - one that you, your children and grandchildren, will have to pay for.

The government then passed another near-trillion-dollar "stimulus" bill claimed to hold unemployment to 8%.  It did not, because it was yet another "papering over" of the fraud, but that bill your children and grandchildren, along with you, will also pay.

Your savings accounts and CDs now yield an effective zero.

Your credit card interest rates have gone from 11% to 29%, all so that the banks can keep granting ill-advised credit to people who can't pay.  Those who can pay - the rest of you - are being jacked for 30% a year in interest.

We have seen a few "tea parties" in which a few people showed up and which were immediately panned by "those in power" as "astroturf."

Contrast with this.

A few days ago, Iran held an election.  It is alleged that there was massive fraud.  The current President claimed victory under less-than-clear circumstances.

The people said "hell no!" in this sort of demonstration:

That's about 2 million people, out of 70 million population (roughly), or one in thirty-five Iranians in the entire nation who took to the streets to demand justice in a simple vote.

More strikingly, Tehran has a population of roughly 12 million; this means that one in six citizens of the city are standing in that crowd.

This, despite the fact that the government there has been shooting people, has arrested the opposition party and issued an order to burn the ballots so there can be no recount.

This, despite the fact that the Iranian population does not enjoy a Second Amendment, and thus is forced to fight a rogue government with makeshift molotov cocktails, rocks and clubs, should that rogue government choose to shoot.

And this was about an election.  A President.  One man.

In our nation we have literally had 1/3rd of our GDP - that is, 1/3rd of everything you worked for last year - stolen by a bunch of fraudsters with the explicit cooperation and assistance of the government.

We should be seeing 10 million Americans literally closing Washington DC with peaceful protest in the streets - making the entirety of the downtown inaccessible to vehicles and the normal conduct of business impossible, were Americans to display the same sort of anger over an insult vastly more serious than that served upon the Iranian people.

If one in six Americans had enough in America's big cities, there would be one million people in the Streets of Chicago - enough to fill Chicago's Loop from Lake Michigan to I-90/94 and from The Chicago River to beyond Soldier Field, rendering the city core impassable.  (Roughly double the crowd that shows up for the 4th of July Fireworks, to put it in perspective.  "Greater Chicagoland" has a population of ~7 million)

The same in NY City would result in a crowd of 3.3 million people.

Where are you America?

In America, if the government turns into a goon squad, you have the constitutionally-protected ability to shoot back.  In Iran you have no such ability as the Iranian government has never recognized the unalienable rights as set forth in our Declaration.

So in Iran the population risks mass death to protest.

In America the population risks loss of some income since you'd have to cut work.

The Iranians take to the streets; we take to our couches and have another beer.

Grow a pair of balls America.

The people of Iran are putting us to shame.

PS: Those threats appear not to have been idle either:

BREAKING NEWS: AP photographer sees pro-government militia fire at protesters, killing at least 1

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Let me finish my Starbucks Coffee before I read this on my iPhone.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:30:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Let me finish my Starbucks Coffee before I read this on my iPhone.

First thing I thought of when I read this was "go 'way - batin!" I was ––-><––- this close to posting that on Denninger's facebook page too.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is the difference. A stolen election is easy to comprehend, but an economic collapse and government bailout are complex and obtuse issues, which most Americans simply don't understand. There's a reason why amnesty has failed (so far), and that's because it's an issue that the average American can wrap their head around.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Helluva good article.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#5]
The sheep will wake up when its too late.
Ask the Brits about this
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:43:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Over $5 trillion dollars in junk securities were marketed and sold. They had a real value of about $2 trillion dollars; the other $3 trillion, roughly, was pure fiction.

This 'MAY' not be correct.
The banks created and sold these throughout the world, with the full knowledge and support of Congress, The Fed, and the banks themselves.

This is correct though the Executive branch knowledge and support should be added.
5sub
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone else wish the country would collapses already so we can truly get rid of this country's problem and do a good restart.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The sheep will wake up when its too late.
Ask the Brits about this

They haven't hit bottom yet either and they certainly haven't woken up.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:56:14 AM EDT
[#9]
The majority of the population are idiots, listen to their TV as gospel for all important matters, and their vote counts just as much as yours. We can still vote. The problem is not entirely with the system itself, its a problem with the majority of our fellow countrymen. They vote for whoever looks best on TV and promises the most money from the Treasury. America, as a majority, wants exactly what we are getting. The problem lies in the fact that some ~49% of the country believes you cannot have mob rule here and that the Constitution/Rule of Law actually mean something significant. So we either need to convince the mob to work in our favor or start shooting the dumb bastards until we are the mob/majority.

Such a philosophical conundrum.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Anyone else wish the country would collapses already so we can truly get rid of this country's problem and do a good restart.

Yes.  We can start by removing everyone in Washington DC.  Right down to the janitors.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This^^^, sometimes I feel like it's our only chance a massive sudden collapse is something I am betting we can recover from, sort of a reset without the decay.  If we go the way of Argentina one little bit at a time we will be like the proverbial frog in a pot water, boiled to death without realizing it.

*Of course I hope this collapse comes after I sell my house...

We need to march on Washington by the millions the first time without guns.  If they turn it bloody it will be on their heads, of course the second round will be very bad for them.  

I am now unemployed, living off of savings, my wife's Park Ranger job and the goodwill of family.  I am getting a little frustrated.

God help us all.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:02:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The majority of the population are idiots, listen to their TV as gospel for all important matters, and their vote counts just as much as yours. We can still vote. The problem is not entirely with the system itself, its a problem with the majority of our fellow countrymen. They vote for whoever looks best on TV and promises the most money from the Treasury. America, as a majority, wants exactly what we are getting. The problem lies in the fact that some ~49% of the country believes you cannot have mob rule here and that the Constitution/Rule of Law actually mean something significant. So we either need to convince the mob to work in our favor or start shooting the dumb bastards until we are the mob/majority.

I have a rather "adequate" amount of ammunition that isn't being used currently.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a rather "adequate" amount of ammunition that isn't being used currently.

Then we would be no better than the mob currently in place.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:07:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

For the population  to move, there must be an incident that ignites.  I believe the most likely is an interruption in  the oil supply though it might well be something different.  

The stage is set:

Economy in shambles.......

Left wing ideologue as president.........

Left wing in charge of both houses of congress.....

No longer any pretense of fairness in the MSM........

Deep frustration within a large segment of the population.........the segment with guns and bullets.......

PRAY nothing ignites...................pray hard and often.

5sub

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Then we would be no better than the mob currently in place.

Good luck trying to convince the masses that Health Care isn't a "right".
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Here is the difference. A stolen election is easy to comprehend, but an economic collapse and government bailout are complex and obtuse issues, which most Americans simply don't understand. There's a reason why amnesty has failed (so far), and that's because it's an issue that the average American can wrap their head around.

Then maybe American's should have protested "our" stolen election.  There was certainly enough WTF's going on during our election.  Point is, doesn't matter how simple or complex an issue is, the fact of the matter is that American's are LAZY and would rather sit and bitch about the current situation to their buddies instead of getting out and screaming it from the roof tops!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top