Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 7:10:34 AM EDT
got this today:

Dear Red_5:

Thank you for your thoughtful email. I appreciate hearing from you.

Our nation is currently undergoing an economic upheaval, the likes of which we have not seen since the Great Depression. The number of unemployed Americans increased by 563,000 to 13.7 million in April 2009, and the unemployment rate rose to 8.9 percent overall. In Colorado, more than 58,000 workers have lost their jobs, and every day, more and more Coloradans fall behind in their mortgage payments.

As we work to revive the economy, we must do everything we can to put America back on the track toward fiscal responsibility. I will do my best to represent the people of Colorado and stand up for the values that its citizens hold dear. Through my work in the U.S. Senate, I will work to overcome the current economic crisis, reduce taxes for middle-class families, and reduce the overwhelming deficit.

That is why I supported the Senate Budget Resolution, which went beyond President Obama’s plan by cutting the deficit by two-thirds by 2014, stimulating the economy in the short run and then reducing the deficit in the long run. We must work to reduce the deficit, because economic recovery will be short-lived if we mortgage our children’s future to achieve it.

Thank you for contacting me. I appreciate hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Michael Bennet
United States Senator

is this specifically vague or am I missing something?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:07:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Yes it is vague, Bennett was appointed and is in fear of having to actually win an election by taking a position on anything.

I live in Douglas County and Bennett would not have won if he ran, although unless the Republican party can find someone with balls (barely possible) he will be elected next time around.

It pains me to see Colorado turning so blue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top