Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 6:57:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:59:37 AM EDT
[#1]
About time, I had been getting those calls 2-3 times per day.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:02:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:08:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got five lines.  Some days, they go off one right after another with these pricks.  

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:30:04 AM EDT
[#4]
We had a big team room at work, and it would be a round robin of these stupid calls. THIS IS YOUR SECOND NOTICE...the factory warranty on your car is about to expire!

I can't believe they finally figured out who was doing it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:40:37 AM EDT
[#5]
i would waste their time when they would call me.

apparently they get confused when you tell them you modified your stock jeep Cherokee with a ford hemi motor and converted it into a duely.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Those fuckers called me a few times.  Not multiple times in one day, thankfully.   My numbers are on the Do Not Call list.  They did hit my cell phone once or twice.  

Seems like they did basically spam entire area codes.  Start with 512.xxx.0001 then 512.xxx.0002... etc etc... if it's a disconnected number, it automatically moves on.  

I hope they call get fucked up the ass by some hairy fat prisoner.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:56:44 AM EDT
[#8]
James A. Dunne.....why is this guys name in red???

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:59:23 AM EDT
[#9]
We were getting several of those a day until my husband finally just waited on the phone until he got a live person.  He then took the phone outside, put it on the hood of his truck, and hit the air horn.

The guy on the other end of the line was still using some very... unprofessional... language when DH told him to stop calling or the next time he'd use the loud horn on the big truck.

We never heard from them again.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:59:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I was getting them 4-5 times a day, in a row. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:22:52 AM EDT
[#11]
They should be tied up in the center of the worlds largest bell and it should be rung until they are permanently def .

After that they should have to wait in every line at Disney world until they are next ,and once they are next each
ride or food stand should be instantly closed .

"None for you , JERKS ! "
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:41:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I got pissed off enough to try to get through to a person once. I asked them which vehicle it was that the warranty was expiring on. They said, "well, sir, if you'd just tell us the make and model we can go ahead and get started."

I said, "You called me and told me that my warranty was expiring on my vehicle. Which vehicle was that?"

"Uh, well, sir, if you'd just tell us..."

"Actually, you know, funny thing is, I don't even own a vehicle. So, this is interesting news to me."

"...hold on a moment and I'll put you on our do-not-call list."

"That would be nice, thank you."

I almost wish I hadn't. It'd be fun to fuck with them whenever they called. I have no problem with legitimate telemarketing, so long as they don't call my cell phone (which is actually my only phone) and they listen when I say I'm not interested. I've done it, it's just a job, no point getting mad. But fraudulent telemarketing is another thing entirely, and if you call me under false pretenses intending to take my money, I reserve the right to do whatever I legally can to destroy you as a human being, or at least make your day that much worse.

I propose a new game. For telefrauds, one point if you get them to hang up on you. Two if they swear as they do it. Five if you can make them cry. Ten if you can get their supervisors to yell at them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:06:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone posted this story over on /b/ yet?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:10:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I've told the girl on the end of the line multiple times that I'd cut her throat open if she called me again. Never worked.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:23:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#16]
In a rough economy, even Skynet has to grasp for straws..
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Hanged.  Drawn.  Quartered.

[/Justice]

_MaH
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#18]
I would always act very concerned and ask them which of my cars warranty was expired.   I would then laugh at them when they admitted they had no idea.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got pissed off enough to try to get through to a person once. I asked them which vehicle it was that the warranty was expiring on. They said, "well, sir, if you'd just tell us the make and model we can go ahead and get started."

I said, "You called me and told me that my warranty was expiring on my vehicle. Which vehicle was that?"

"Uh, well, sir, if you'd just tell us..."

"Actually, you know, funny thing is, I don't even own a vehicle. So, this is interesting news to me."

"...hold on a moment and I'll put you on our do-not-call list."

"That would be nice, thank you."

I almost wish I hadn't. It'd be fun to fuck with them whenever they called. I have no problem with legitimate telemarketing, so long as they don't call my cell phone (which is actually my only phone) and they listen when I say I'm not interested. I've done it, it's just a job, no point getting mad. But fraudulent telemarketing is another thing entirely, and if you call me under false pretenses intending to take my money, I reserve the right to do whatever I legally can to destroy you as a human being, or at least make your day that much worse.

I propose a new game. For telefrauds, one point if you get them to hang up on you. Two if they swear as they do it. Five if you can make them cry. Ten if you can get their supervisors to yell at them.

I did a similar thing telling them that I was in a wheelchair and had lost both my legs and half my face due to a tragic car accident. Another time I called the poor lady on the other end of the line anything but human and threatened to personally hunt her down if she didn't remove me from the list. I don't get the calls any more.

I tried playing with them they just hang up. I've tried the insure my '79 ford pinto with 350,000 miles, hey you sound purdy what you wearing, and ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu. they hang up quick on me.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

same here. i'd personally like to see them get the death penealty but i am not sure that is within the ftc/fcc power

The death penalty is negligently, horribly underutilized. These four are prime candidates.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yup, my 14 year old daughter's cell phone too.

Hangin's too good for 'em.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:04:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Yes, the recently died down.  Annoying as all hell.  And even if I followed the phone tree to get a human, they would drop me if I mentioned speaking with their supervisor or adding my number to their "do not call" list.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Is the Westboro Baptist Church aware of these deviants' sexual practices?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
In a rough economy, even Skynet has to grasp for straws..

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:48:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anyone posted this story over on /b/ yet?

was kinda wondering the same thing.....
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#26]
James A. Dunne, 36, of Daytona Beach, Fla., owns Florida-based Voice Touch with his wife, Maureen. Dunne has a checkered legal past, including charges of filing a false report of a bomb that landed him six months in jail in 1991. He was most recently arrested in 2001 for indecent exposure, but those charges were later dismissed.

Sounds like Cabinet material to me
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:02:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Crap. Now nobody will be calling me.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#28]
If I could wish hemroids on someone ... they would SO be getting them!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Crap. Now nobody will be calling me.

taxman has a troll account?

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:21:42 AM EDT
[#31]
I must be the only one in the entire country who hasn't gotten called by them...ever.  Crazy eh?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:25:05 AM EDT
[#32]
LOL!
Quoted:

Quoted:

same here. i'd personally like to see them get the death penealty but i am not sure that is within the ftc/fcc power

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Are these the same people with the credit card interest rate calls?  I get those everyday too.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#34]
When they would call me I would keep them on the phone as long as I could. I would claim that I was looking for a credit card. Every min or so I would go back and tell them I was still there and looking for it. They stopped calling after a while.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:42:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Awesome.  I actually filed a report with the FTC when those tards called my work cell phone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top