Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2002 5:12:42 PM EDT
Check out this ad at Ebay.  [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1800496975[/url]  I thought you weren't supposed to sell hi caps or something.  How can a site supports so many gun related transactions have such a dumb rule?  Are they anti-gun?  Please, say it ain't so.  In any event, I like this seller's style.  Down with the man!
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#1]
They will pull the auction before it gets a chance to end. Supposedly the reason they say that 10rd+ magazines are banned is because the actual server they are hosted on is in California and it breaks California law. But if I remember correctly, they started that particular rule before it was law in Cali.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]
That auction will have been suspended by tomorrow afternoon.

Bitching about Ebay's rules is like bitching about the rules or pushing the limits here. It's stupid and counterproductive. These are private sites and they may establish rules and conduct their business as they see fit.

Why wouldn't this guy just use one of the many forums or online auction sites that cater to gun owners?
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I just clicked on the link and it come up invalid item. I guess it's already been pulled.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Oops!  Hope the Ebay JBT's don't monitor this site.  Well this thread made it a whole 5 minutes.  How come my topics are always so short lived?
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I've seen where they say "this magazine holds 10 rounds" and they show a pic of a 30 rounder  [}:D]

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a set of '10 round' thermolds off ebay, hehehe. A while back there was a guy who sold a bushmaster lower, used some creative wording.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top