Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 3:27:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:31:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, but what about American "non" union made stuff......
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:32:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Fail.

It's a great idea, but the list includes links to companies that sell foreign products. Example: Campmor
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:41:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Hypercritical much?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:56:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah, but what about American "non" union made stuff......

Good question.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:00:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hypercritical much?

Not really.

The website presents itself as providing links to companies only selling American made products. That's not the case.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:56:24 AM EDT
[#6]
The one great thing about arfcom is no matter how hard you try to help folks or no matter how good your intentions are, you cannot win. Much like being married Someone could post "hey, go here to get $1000 in free cash, no strings attached" and someone would follow up with "it's not really worth $1000 with the devaluationof the dollar & inflation, call me when it's $2500...."
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:17:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Fail.

It's a great idea, but the list includes links to companies that sell foreign products. Example: Campmor

It also states "keyword USA" next to the link for that company. So, technically you can get "MITUSA" stuff from them.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:20:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The one great thing about arfcom is no matter how hard you try to help folks or no matter how good your intentions are, you cannot win. Much like being married Someone could post "hey, go here to get $1000 in free cash, no strings attached" and someone would follow up with "it's not really worth $1000 with the devaluationof the dollar & inflation, call me when it's $2500...."

That sounds about right. You could give these guys ice cream sundays and they would complain about the ice cream being too cold.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:30:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Buying American made strictly becuase it is American made is a complete failure of a mindset. As a consumer, you are entitled to the best product at the best price. All companies have to learn to compete. That is the mindset the put the American car industry in the shithole because people kept buying inferior junk because it was made in America, further feeding the cancer that is the UAW. When US companies learn to compete in equal ground, they will find themselves on sound financial ground.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:39:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't forget, just because they are assembed in America doesn't mean all the parts are. I was watching the Discovery channel show on building the Wolf ovens. I could clearly see "made in China" on the relays.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:47:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, you are correct.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top