Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2009 10:22:24 PM EDT

Rottweiler Puppy Eats 8 Golf Balls
Dog Undergoes Surgery To Remove Golf Balls

BOXBORO, Mass. –– An 8-month-old puppy is recovering from surgery after eating eight golf balls, Boston television WCVB reported.

Wally's owners said the Rottweiler pup started acting weird last week. He eventually threw up three golf balls, including one that was wrapped in a sock.

But when the dog still was acting strange, Wally's owners took him to the Boxboro Animal Clinic.

"Lo and behold, there was another five golf balls sitting in there," Veterinarian Stewart Bleck said.

Wally underwent surgery to have the other five balls removed.

Wally's owner Julianne Bonfilio said some friends like to putt around golf balls at their home, but they never noticed that the balls were disappearing.

Bleck estimated that the balls had been in the dog's system for about a week.

I have had 2 dogs and they never tried to eat golf balls. WTF?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Dogs will eat anything if you are not watching.

Every dog should be called knucklehead for the first couple of years.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:31:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Rottweilers are some strange beasts.

The ones I've been around are kinda like a three-year-old with a 100 lb. body.

Pretty much anything you have laying around is fair game for use as a toy. I have no problem believing this story.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:45:31 PM EDT
[#3]
dang good thing they caught it.. poor fella..

my pup eats sand.. the moron
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:49:42 PM EDT
[#4]
He has balls.

I like balls.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank god, I thought you ment he maouled the owner and ate his testicles.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:50:19 PM EDT
[#6]
sorry typo on the last comment
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:51:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I knew it would get more readers with that title.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#8]
So, like I was out with Ziggy, my Boxlabweiler mutt, for a day of goofing off and we were making a pit stop by a lake and she ran off into the woods to do her thing, she was weird because she required privacy to crap, kinda funny.  Anyhow she comes back and she was hesitant to get back into the car, but she finally got in and I headed down the road but it soon began to reek like dogcrap in there so i pulled over again and Zig is acting uncomfortable and somewhat distressed and then she pointed her ass towards me and I could see that there was some crap sticking out her ass, and I was like eeeeeeeeeewww....but the dog needed help so I grabbed a roll of papertowels and was going to wipe her doggy bum, but the thing protruding was solid.  I was grossed out further, but anyhow, so I tugged on it and what came out her butt was a 6" long stick about 3/8" in diameter...covered in yesterday's alpo.

I have no idea how it got there.  

Zig lives with my parents now and is hopefully consuming less fiber.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Best thread title ever.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:06:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So, like I was out with Ziggy, my Boxlabweiler mutt, for a day of goofing off and we were making a pit stop by a lake and she ran off into the woods to do her thing, she was weird because she required privacy to crap, kinda funny.  Anyhow she comes back and she was hesitant to get back into the car, but she finally got in and I headed down the road but it soon began to reek like dogcrap in there so i pulled over again and Zig is acting uncomfortable and somewhat distressed and then she pointed her ass towards me and I could see that there was some crap sticking out her ass, and I was like eeeeeeeeeewww....but the dog needed help so I grabbed a roll of papertowels and was going to wipe her doggy bum, but the thing protruding was solid.  I was grossed out further, but anyhow, so I tugged on it and what came out her butt was a 6" long stick about 3/8" in diameter...covered in yesterday's alpo.

I have no idea how it got there.  

Zig lives with my parents now and is hopefully consuming less fiber.

Thats fuckin' gross.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:36:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Only pit-bull puppies will do that.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:39:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Best thread title ever.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:42:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Dogs will eat anything if you are not watching.

Every dog should be called knucklehead for the first couple of years.  

I call them knuckleheads for their whole life. Gotta love 'em.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top