Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 9:18:17 PM EDT
I've heard and seem some strange things, but this is pretty high up there.

Halo Armor

Part 2

ETA: Nothing against Canada
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#1]
That's got to be a joke.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]
oh oh, i think i know whom your talking about without even reading it

Lemme guess..... "Bear suit" inventor?

the guy is crazy.... I heard it described here best......

His heart is in the right place (trying to protect our troops) but he is still a nutball....
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
oh oh, i think i know whom your talking about without even reading it

Lemme guess..... "Bear suit" inventor?

the guy is crazy.... I heard it described here best......

His heart is in the right place (trying to protect our troops) but he is still a nutball....

Yep that's the guy
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:17:13 PM EDT
[#4]
well i dont know about his skate pads stopping bullets, but just looking his neck looks awfully exposed
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#5]
It looks like it would be hot. If the bullets won't kill you the heat will.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#6]
That's Troy Hurtubise.  Self-taught inventor, obsessed with bears and bear-proof armor suits.  He's been doing this sort of thing for a long time.  He means well, but is a bit of a nut.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#7]
The nuts are usually the best inventors. Just sayin'. ;)
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:30:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I immediately thought of the bear suit guy when I clicked on this. I couldn't remember his name.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok.....the guy seems a bit...well eccentric....ok nuts.   But as others have already said his heart seems to be in the right place.  I can't believe he spent $150k building that thing.

It would be great if they could come up with something like that.  If they could do something to cool the damn thing it might make sense.   That unit woudl need something more then a few solar powered fans in Iraq to work.   I would rest better knowing that our boys were protected like tanks.    It seems like they coulld come up with something....I guess cost and weight is a real consideration.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It looks like it would be hot. If the bullets won't kill you the heat will.

It has an AC system in the helmet
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Double tap
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#12]
He's a nut, but his ideas are workable-stuff like composites reinforced with black widow webs. Saw a show about his newer stuff-kinda cool.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:17:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Where can I buy one?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#14]
When they come with jump packs, someone drop me an IM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top