Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 6/14/2009 8:48:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#1]
What was the warrant for?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#2]
My partner's lights went out on him while he was on the way to a complaint last night. Something must be in the air.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:54:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Negligent manufacturing of fuses.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#5]
The hell is a wig wag?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The hell is a wig wag?

The left & right flashing headlights.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The hell is a wig wag?

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:08:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I served a warrant filed in 1992 and my light bar died when I attempted a traffic stop (at night, blew a fuse), had to go to wig wags and strobes, then siren.

Did you issue yourself a citation for faulty vehicle equipment?  Didn't think so!

Damn JBT's...  You can speed we can't; you can have lights out, we get a ticket..

Oh wait a minute... I forgot who I work for...  
carryon ...  Where's the true JBT bashers

and I may or may not have been driving 80 in an area marked 60 this evening

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:10:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My partner's lights went out on him while he was on the way to a complaint last night. Something must be in the air.  

I've been driving this car for almost a month now. It's been a good one till this happened.

Although the video system seems to have a mind of it's own. Sometimes it will start recording on it's own, other times it does not start when the emergency lights come on. So I have to manually start it during certain stops when I notice it. It also cuts off on it's own.

Is this what you plan on telling the FBI?  
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been driving this car for almost a month now. It's been a good one till this happened.

Although the video system seems to have a mind of it's own. Sometimes it will start recording on it's own, other times it does not start when the emergency lights come on. So I have to manually start it during certain stops when I notice it. It also cuts off on it's own.

Is this what you plan on telling the FBI?  

Damn.  I was too slow.  

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:28:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice, I like going on the local warrant website and look at the booking photos from 1990-1995 for people who still have warrants. Mullets, crazy hair and clothes it's pretty funny. Lately ive been going on the FDLE website where you can type in Firearm serial numbers to see if your weapon is or was reported stolen, and ill punch in random numbers and get hits for some of them. All of the hits I got were from 1975-1989, it's kinda cool cause it lists the make model and caliber. Most ive found are 357s.

Yeah, im a loser.....
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn. It would have been impossible for that warrant to be issued when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:31:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

FTA for a child restraint citation.

You arrested some poor schmoe on a 17 year old warrant issued for not showing up in court over a ticket he got for not having his kid in a car seat?

Your kidding me.    

I can understand an arrest for a 17 year old  warrant for murder or kidnapping or some other capital crime but arresting someone for what is
basically a traffiic offense that happened nearly 2 decades ago is a premiere example of how much fail the legal system in America is capable of.

I'm not sure who is more detestable.....the court system for keeping this warrant alive or you for being the mindless drone that enforced it.

Make law enforcement a career......no thinking necessary.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So the child that was unrestrained is now an adult?

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:33:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Hows the new vest treating you?  Still comfortable?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I get the feeling things are slow in that country or city.

1992 warrant for a freakin' car seat violation?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You arrested some poor schmoe on a 17 year old warrant issued for not showing up in court over a ticket he got for not having his kid in a car seat?

Your kidding me.    

I can understand an arrest for a 17 year old  warrant for murder or kidnapping or some other capital crime but arresting someone for what is
basically a traffiic offense that happened nearly 2 decades ago is a premiere example of how much fail the legal system in America is capable of.

I'm not sure who is more detestable.....the court system for keeping this warrant alive or you for being the mindless drone that enforced it.

yeah, im guessing his CO will like that..

"I'm not doing any warrants that don't seem necessary, sorry Sarge"
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#21]
There is no reason for you to be a proud man tonight.  Look for a new career, one with ethics.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

There is no reason for you to be a proud man tonight. Look for a new career, one with ethics.

Heeeyyy.. They showed up
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:42:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your kidding me.    

I too am surprised that the court would keep the warrant alive for 17 years (here in Ohio it's just a Minor Misdemeanor), but you're foolish.  If the warrant's good, the OP "shall" (as in *must*) serve it.  He has no discretion in the matter.  It's called law enforcement for a reason.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

haha lil homie is probably 30 now

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:44:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I have been policing for a very long time,over 25 years. So whats so strange about that?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There is no reason for you to be a proud man tonight.  Look for a new career, one with ethics.

lol.... yeah, we wouldn't want somebody actually doing his job properly.  That's unethical. Instead he should replace the judge's order with a "meh, I don't feel like it"?

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:51:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If a fuse blew, it did its job. Better than that his lightbar potentially spontaneously combusting...
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol.... yeah, we wouldn't want somebody actually doing his job properly.  That's unethical. Instead he should replace the judge's order with a "meh, I don't feel like it"?

no he should find a new job; deplete the market of errand boys of unethical judges.

I hate to do this; but by your logic: "all the Nazi death camp murderers are actually innocent because they were only following orders."
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:55:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your kidding me.    

The law is the law.  Warrants aren't up for discussion or discretion.  "Bring _____ ______ before a magistrate post haste!"

Oh really......no discussion or discretion allowed huh?.....

Lets see  

Out of the mouths of SCOTUS.

"  Justice Scalia said, "a well-established tradition of police discretion has long coexisted with apparently mandatory arrest statutes.  "  

So now.....tell me again how he had no discretion in the matter.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If a fuse blew, it did its job. Better than that his lightbar potentially spontaneously combusting...

That would make things more interesting...

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would make things more interesting...

Hm, flaming lightbars would certainly attract attention.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Warrants are fun
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your kidding me.    

The law is the law.  Warrants aren't up for discussion or discretion.  "Bring _____ ______ before a magistrate post haste!"

Lets see  

"  Justice Scalia said, "a well-established tradition of police discretion has long coexisted with apparently mandatory arrest statutes.  "  

Scalia wasn't discussing service of warrants in Castle Rock V. Gonzales.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#34]
never had a double post before...

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:17:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no he should find a new job; deplete the market of errand boys of unethical judges.

I hate to do this; but by your logic: "all the Nazi death camp murderers are actually innocent because they were only following orders."

So you are a soldier and are asked to take away the rights of a specific segment of the populace, you do it despite the fact that you disagreed. The government is toppled, and you are put on trial for it, how fair is that? The argument of bringing up nazi's every time there is evil in the world is a old and dead horse. If you want to make a comparison atleast use something new such as gulag guards, pol pot's guys, or mao zedong it would effect your credibility and argument making greatly.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:39:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you are a soldier and are asked to take away the rights of a specific segment of the populace, you do it despite the fact that you disagreed. The government is toppled, and you are put on trial for it, how fair is that? The argument of bringing up nazi's every time there is evil in the world is a old and dead horse. If you want to make a comparison atleast use something new such as gulag guards, pol pot's guys, or mao zedong it would effect your credibility and argument making greatly.

Nice...belittle my argument by stating what I stated before in that I know that nazis are trite on the net hence why I stated " I hate to do this". You sir, are not a master of the obvious and/or impervious to sarcasm.

Everyone has a choice. It is up to you to recognize an unlawful or unjust order and make a decision, if you do not then you are guilty because either made the wrong choice or are just a weak man that "followed orders".  A good officer is one that understands the law, the local culture and the application of law.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:45:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

EMP !!!

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:51:04 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm going to refrain, because I honestly believe Bama is one of the good ones IMO, but damn i'd be pissed if I got picked up for that.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:53:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm going to refrain, because I honestly believe Bama is one of the good ones IMO, but damn i'd be pissed if I got picked up for that.

Good people are still people, no-one is immune to error.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#40]
The obvious trolls are obvious tonight.

Warrant is still good, then hook them up.

You know the whole due process thing and all that noise.

No bullshit Nazi sterotypes apply.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

haha lil homie is probably 30 now

Or dead because his/her dumbfuck parents couldn't be bothered to buckle them in, much less be responsible enough to take care of a ticket.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:48:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your kidding me.    

Lets see  

Scalia wasn't discussing service of warrants in Castle Rock V. Gonzales.

Now now, there you go again trying to bring something as trivial as an actual FACT into ther usual sand-filled vaginal rantings of the resident nozzles.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes mine will not go off when I'm done with a stop lol.  Have to shut it down and restart
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:03:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

HAHA, yes damn you!  What do you think you are doing enforcing the law!?  Arresting people on warrants?  Holy shit!  What is the world coming to?!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:14:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Somebody showed up in my Courtroom 17 years later for a child seat violation I would throw the fucking book at them.  

They would do so much community service on the weekends at the station putting people's car seats in, it wouldn't even be funny.

Fuckers.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:14:54 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This thread? Godwin's Law? Page one?

Holy shit.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:26:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Holy Shit the anti-police trolls are out in force tonight
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:29:37 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Holy Shit the anti-police trolls are out in force tonight
Since I haven't already tagged this...
I think I'll come back tomorrow night(tonight?) and see where this goes...

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:29:37 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Lets see  

Are you dense?

What part of:

To any Law Enforcement Officer in the State of (Insert your state here).  You SHALL (my emphasis) take into custody and bring before me (insert name of bad guy).

Don't you understand?

In case it's the word "shall" that has you tripped up try here: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shall

If he didn't like it, he should have went to court.  Simple really.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:32:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would you restrain a child? Bad table manners?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top