Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/14/2009 7:41:55 PM EDT
So what do you all think of Obama's move to have Federal marshal's protecting America's abortion clinics?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Makes as much sense as anything else he's doing.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:44:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Yep. In other words, he's bat shit crazy.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They use them on planes for international terrorists, why not use them at clinics for domestic terrorists?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Seems like a huge waste of resources.  How many abortion doctors have been murdered by pro-life zealots in the past quarter century?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#5]
just setting safe legal and social precedents for the Fed..later it might get more controversial..get us used to this stuff...
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuck it, why not?  It's only a waste of time, money, resources, and Marshals. Fits right in line.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:49:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They use them on planes for international terrorists, why not use them at clinics for domestic terrorists?

How many Americans have been killed by international terrorists in the past 25 years and how many abortion doctors have been killed by domestic terrorists in the past 25 years?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:54:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the anti-abortion zealots are a PITA.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Seems like a huge waste of resources.  How many abortion doctors have been murdered by pro-life zealots in the past quarter century?

These are the figures I've seen claimed since 1977:

9 murders
17 attempted murders
153 assault/battery
3 kidnapping
383 death threats
41 bombings
173 arsons
91 attempted bombings
619 bomb threats

Clearly isolated incidents.  Nothing to see here.  Christians can't be terrorists just like black people can't be bigots.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

9 murders
17 attempted murders
153 assault/battery
3 kidnapping
383 death threats
41 bombings
173 arsons
91 attempted bombings
619 bomb threats

Clearly isolated incidents.  Nothing to see here.  Christians can't be terrorists just like black people can't be bigots.

Who said those were all done by Christians????
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

9 murders
17 attempted murders
153 assault/battery
3 kidnapping
383 death threats
41 bombings
173 arsons
91 attempted bombings
619 bomb threats

Get back to 1984!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#12]
This isn't new.  It happened during the Clinton administration also.  Still sucks, though.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Those numbers pale in comparison to the deaths caused by abortion doctors.    
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

9 murders
17 attempted murders
153 assault/battery
3 kidnapping
383 death threats
41 bombings
173 arsons
91 attempted bombings
619 bomb threats

+1  

Geez.  Just b/c someone CLAIMS to be something, does not make it so.  The only religion forbidden to be accused of anything terroristic is Muslim.  As in, the convert that shot the recruiters.  Now THAT was an isolated incident.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I thought that the US  marshals are a very small organization. How do they have the assets to do this?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:14:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

9 murders
17 attempted murders
153 assault/battery
3 kidnapping
383 death threats
41 bombings
173 arsons
91 attempted bombings
619 bomb threats

Certainly not I.

In fact, the first mention of them all being done by Christians was your very post above.

I find your rhetoric objectionable in the extreme sir, and I do offer my express hope that you might comport yourself with more dignity in the future..

The nerve.. Suggesting all the abortion clinic terrorism is the work of christians.. I never.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:15:52 PM EDT
[#17]
We are fighting a war on terrorism aren't we?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:16:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

9 murders
17 attempted murders
153 assault/battery
3 kidnapping
383 death threats
41 bombings
173 arsons
91 attempted bombings
619 bomb threats

He ASSumed
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:17:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

9 murders
17 attempted murders
153 assault/battery
3 kidnapping
383 death threats
41 bombings
173 arsons
91 attempted bombings
619 bomb threats

Certainly not I.

In fact, the first mention of them all being done by Christians was your very post above.

I find your rhetoric objectionable in the extreme sir, and I do offer my express hope that you might comport yourself with more dignity in the future..

The nerve.. Suggesting all the abortion clinic terrorism is the work of christians.. I never.

nice dodge...nobody had mentioned Christians till you did.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Just as long as the Marshalls stay away from vet clinics. They would shoot everyones dogs.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe people shouldn't go around bombing the clinics/shooting the doctors and Obama wouldn't have to send people to protect the clinics.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:19:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I thought that the US  marshals are a very small organization. How do they have the assets to do this?

They'll outsource it to the Chinese

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So what do you all think of Obama's move to have Federal marshal's protecting America's abortion clinics?

I think the the "Son of a Bitch" hasn't put any Marshal's outside any Military Recruiter Offices.........

............................Gov. Mike Beebe has directed that flags fly at half-staff on Monday to honor Pvt. William Long, a new soldier who was fatally shot outside an Army-Navy recruiting center.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

9 murders
17 attempted murders
153 assault/battery
3 kidnapping
383 death threats
41 bombings
173 arsons
91 attempted bombings
619 bomb threats

9 dead + 17 attempts over 32 years?

I think street gangs are a much MUCH greater terrorist threat. They hold entire communities of good people hostage. Prisoners in their own home.
What are the number of dead and attempted dead attributed to street gang activity over the past 32 years?

We have limited resource. We ought to deploy it where it can make the biggest impact on domestic terrorism. Use the Patriot Act against street gangs.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the the "Son of a Bitch" hasn't put any Marshal's outside any Military Recruiter Offices.........

Good fucking point.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:28:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

............................Gov. Mike Beebe has directed that flags fly at half-staff on Monday to honor Pvt. William Long, a new soldier who was fatally shot outside an Army-Navy recruiting center.

The truth.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You took the words right out of my mouth!!! Good for you!

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

9 murders
17 attempted murders
153 assault/battery
3 kidnapping
383 death threats
41 bombings
173 arsons
91 attempted bombings
619 bomb threats

Since 1977, how many churches(of all faiths)  have been burned? How many church (of all faiths)  have been vandilized?  How many religious official have been attacked, murder, kidnapped, had death threats? How many have been harassed, singled out for vicious personal attacks?

Shall we go on?

How many lawyers have been murder, attacked, threatened, kidnapped? How many lawyers have had their offices, and homes vandilized or destroyed?

How about regular doctors who have been attacked, threatened or harassed?

How about people who have be witnesses in state cases against gangs, drug dealers, and other criminal organizations. I know that in several states the witnesses were left unguarded due to lack of funds for protective details.

It funny how special people or political groups can get government protection that goes above and beyond but the rest of the people would expect, but even those in legitimate danger (like people who agree to be witnesses in state cases against various criminals groups) were left twisting in the wind.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:33:38 PM EDT
[#30]
it's about slowly getting the sheeple used to feds guarding places.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:34:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Well now it is known. Anyone who may be inclined to attack these clinics will just plan accordingly.

Or just shoot the guy when hes not armed in a church
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
it's about slowly getting the sheeple used to feds guarding places.

Is that really what it's about?

Tell us more.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:41:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

9 murders
17 attempted murders
153 assault/battery
3 kidnapping
383 death threats
41 bombings
173 arsons
91 attempted bombings
619 bomb threats

Right on target.  I'm vehemently against abortion, so I'm no liberal fuck that agrees with it.  Until we the people make it unlawful, the law MUST be upheld.  As it stands, we have to consider it the same as these crazy assholes preventing people from attending church.  A distasteful, yet accurate analogy.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:44:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good fucking point.

Can't the recruiters carry firearms?They should have combat training too.
If they can't that should be changed.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Since Barry proclaimed we are one of the largest muslim nations... in Islam abortion is wrong and the religious police should go after the Marshals for violating Islam and protecting murderers.

It's the Islamic thing to do. In Saudi Arabia they would have their heads cut off. Even the mother that approved of killing her kid. Well she'd likely get raped for awhile then get her head cut off. After they drained out half her blood. It's a real bitchin way to go for a murderer.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:51:56 PM EDT
[#37]
When the government legalizes and promotes murder. It's predictable for there to be explosive reactions of violence against it, no matter how wrong those reactions are. Having Federal Marshalls at abortion clinics is just likely to make people's reactions worse. Best to just end all abortion by recriminalizing in order to save people's lives. It'll prevent the death of millions of children and stop the explosive reactions of violence against the murder of the innocent. It's win win.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
When the government legalizes and promotes murder. It's predictable for there to be explosive reactions of violence against it, no matter how wrong those reactions are. Having Federal Marshalls at abortion clinics is just likely to make people's reactions worse. Best to just end all abortion by recriminalizing in order to save people's lives. It'll prevent the death of millions of children and stop the explosive reactions of violence against the murder of the innocent. It's win win.  

Our support for Israel and invasion of Iraq are the same way.

Perhaps, on your reasoning, it is better that we just stop those things, in order to prevent the 'explosive reactions of violence' against them.

There's a word for that, you know.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good fucking point.

Yup.  Why don't we post Marshals all over campuses and malls too?  The abortion clinics are receiving a bias in their favor.  This is a waste of taxpayer money.  The clinics need to hire private security.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

9 murders
17 attempted murders
153 assault/battery
3 kidnapping
383 death threats
41 bombings
173 arsons
91 attempted bombings
619 bomb threats

Since 1977, how many churches(of all faiths)  have been burned? How many church (of all faiths)  have been vandilized?  How many religious official have been attacked, murder, kidnapped, had death threats? How many have been harassed, singled out for vicious personal attacks?

Shall we go on?

How many lawyers have been murder, attacked, threatened, kidnapped? How many lawyers have had their offices, and homes vandilized or destroyed?

How about regular doctors who have been attacked, threatened or harassed?

The fuck do I look like, a search engine?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

9 murders
17 attempted murders
153 assault/battery
3 kidnapping
383 death threats
41 bombings
173 arsons
91 attempted bombings
619 bomb threats

Certainly not I.

In fact, the first mention of them all being done by Christians was your very post above.  Liar.

You know, I didn't see him posting any concern in the recruitment shooter case, although ChinaTroll dragged Christians into it.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=881058&page=1

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:01:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

9 murders
17 attempted murders
153 assault/battery
3 kidnapping
383 death threats
41 bombings
173 arsons
91 attempted bombings
619 bomb threats

Certainly not I.

You are certainly correct in a chronological sense, but I certainly never made an accusation.  Read into it whatever you like, it's of no concern to me
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perhaps, on your reasoning, it is better that we just stop those things, in order to prevent the 'explosive reactions of violence' against them.

There is a difference between a government violating do not murder by legalizing it and going to war or supporting another nation.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Christians can't be terrorists just like black people can't be bigots.

Someone who murders in cold blood is NOT a Christian no matter what they call call themselves.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Wow, lighten up.  The Christian comment cracked me up, since he was obviously referring to the extreme religious zealots, which some happen to consider themselves Christians (others are Muslims, ect....).  Reminds me of the ones who think dancing, sex, alcohol, ect..... are bad and constantly telling everyone they are going to hell, meanwhile they talk behind peoples back, backstab people, are hypocrits, and are spineless.  I happen to be a Christian and have been turned off to organized religion as a result of these people and when they tell me I'm going to Hell, I just tell them I'll meet them there, or to save a seat for me.  

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a difference between a government violating do not murder by legalizing it and going to war or supporting another nation.

But abortion is not legalized murder.

Some people would have us believe that all the iraqis and other middle easterners dead at our hands are victims of murder.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

9 murders
17 attempted murders
153 assault/battery
3 kidnapping
383 death threats
41 bombings
173 arsons
91 attempted bombings
619 bomb threats

Since 1977?  Those numbers are minuscule...  You're looking at over 30 years there.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

9 murders
17 attempted murders
153 assault/battery
3 kidnapping
383 death threats
41 bombings
173 arsons
91 attempted bombings
619 bomb threats

So basically Tuesday in Philadelphia.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:28:13 PM EDT
[#49]
I find it interesting that the same people who do not support any type of welfare or very limited welfare, also think abortion should be illegal.

Do I think abortion is necessarily moral? Not really, but on the same hand, many people who have them don't have the means to take care of the kids. The possible kids are much better off never having existed than growing up below the poverty line and probably ultimately becoming criminals.

Yes that is a broad very broad generalization, but I believe it is also generally correct with limited exception.

I don't want to pay for these kids to grow up, I'd rather the mother have the abortion and be done with it. We've got enough broken homes, orphans, ghettos, trailer parks, and criminals as is, without adding more to the mix.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Pretty soon Obama will claim attacks on abortion doctors to be a National crisis and that our current healthcare system is on the brink of collapse due to a lack of federally subsidized abortion clinics. He'll call on us all to make tough choices and claim that unhindered access to abortion clinics for 14 year old girls without parental consent will provide the boost the economy needs to recover. Dave Letterman will be honored at the White House for his contribution to the economy as they celebrate his comments about the rape of Sarah Palin's daughter as a brilliant means to get the message out - rape a teenager and help save the economy.

Bill Clinton is the obvious choice as the new "Rape Czar".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top