Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2009 7:31:13 PM EDT
I know mine do.

So we moved into a new house last week. The previous owners had built a fun little playhouse for their girls. It has a six foot ladder into a little loft. My 4 year old fell in love with it. I watched her go up and down the ladder 20+ times with no problems. So she's playing out there the other day and I'm in the garage. I hear a huge crash (the kind where you know something really bad happened) and I hear "Daddy, I'm bleeding!" I was out there in under ten seconds. I see my littled princess bent over gushing blood from her head. I've dealt with a few head wounds before and I know they bleed a lot, so I don't immediately panic. Until I picked her up and saw the 4 inch by 1 inch gash across her forehead. To the bone. I admit, it freaked me the hell out. I managed to apply pressure and make the 911 call. The neighbors were in their yard. He's a cop and she's a dispatcher. They came over and helped me to get her stable and comfortable. I honestly don't have a hard time with gore, but seeing a gaping wound on the face of your 4 year old little princess is pretty traumatizing.

They got a plastic surgeon to stitch her up in the E.R. She's doing well. We actually haven't been able to keep her calm. She was back to her self the next day. Quite the trooper. I'd milk that puppy for all it was worth if it happened to me. Anyway, here are some pics. We're praying it heals up nicely and doesn't scar. I guess if it does, she'll look super badass fighting terminators/zombies in the future.

" />

" />

The ladder came down the next day.

I do have a crappy cell phone pic from the hospital. It's pretty graphic. I need to figure out how to get it off my phone.

ETA, this was my post 911. How fitting.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad she is ok, I have a three year old boy that gets into EVERYTHING so yes, I know how you feel.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#2]

That's gonna leave a mark.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy Shit!

That's one cute little booger you have there.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:38:27 PM EDT
[#4]
that'll buff out....

but seriously, damn
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Holy Shit!

That's one cute little booger you have there.

Yeah. We kind of like her.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Im afraid your troubles havent even began yet, sorry to say.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, that's probably going to need plastic surgery.  Glad she's ok.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#9]
glad she is ok and yes they do age us prematurely.

J-
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Im afraid your troubles havent even began yet, sorry to say.

BTDT... I remember being a teenage boy once...
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:49:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Wholyyyy  shit. I would have freaked out too. Sorry you had to deal with that.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#12]
At this point you're freaked out more about it than she is. But still... OUCH!

Yes, lots of aging, and quick.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Glad she's okay.  I gotta three year old whose without fear and very curious, so I feel for you.   I'm definitely seeing the gray hairs on top of my head.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:08:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Nothing bad that yet, but my 18m old son is constantly bonking his head off something.  Put a pretty nasty scratch on his chin earlier today...  Nothing that needed stiches though...  yet...
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#15]
If your kids don't age you prematurely it's  because your are a self centered bastard......If you love your kids you never stop worrying about them and for them.

Nice suture job on that lac.   Being only 4 she still has a lot of growing to do.  There will probably be a scar when she grows up but it will be extremely minimal
and easily covered with makeup.    And as others have pointed out this is only the beginning.   My oldest daughter is 17 and loves to tear it up on her dirt bike.
Every time she's doin 40+ on her bike I wonder if this is the time she takes the big spill and ends up in ER.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:35:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Holy crap.
Glad she is ok .
A search of my posts will show many times how much of a clutz my kids are .
<––- That was my daughter for a few years .
I spent every day waiting for DFYS to come barging in .
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:39:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn, that's one hell of a cut!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Your kids don't prematurely age you.  But everything you have to do to be a good parent CERTAINLY does...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top