Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2009 7:28:26 PM EDT
I hate cats but I am glad they arrested this tool .

http://www.miamiherald.com/486/story/1097422.html

The teenager accused of mutilating more than a dozen cats in South Miami-Dade was not the reserved yet rabid killer some expected. He was a dog-loving class clown, a swim class instructor, an 18-year-old who grew up before the eyes of the four-legged victims' families.

He appeared to be appalled by the horrific killings, and joined the Facebook group ``Catch the Cat Killer!''

Police said they were not fooled. They said Tyler Hayes Weinman's social networking led them to him. Sunday, Weinman was arrested in connection with 19 gruesome cat-killings.

The former Miami Palmetto Senior High School student split his time between divorced parents who lived in Palmetto Bay and Cutler Bay, the communities where the killings took place. Police, working with tips gathered from the community and reading his Facebook and MySpace pages, kept Weinman under surveillance for weeks.

Saturday night, he went to a party at the home of Kevin Corona in Coral Gables. Around midnight, investigators thoroughly searched his mother's house. Around 12:30 a.m., two men in plain shirts and jeans walked into Corona's house and asked for Weinman. Then, they quietly walked him outside.

''Enjoy the party,'' Corona recalled one of them saying. The men turned out to be undercover cops.

At 1:23 p.m. Sunday, Weinman was booked into the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center, with bail set at $154,500.

When it came time to take his mug shot, the clean-cut Weinman flashed a half-smile.

He was charged with 19 counts of felony animal cruelty, 19 counts of improperly disposing of an animal body and four counts of burglary. Each of the felony counts carries a minimum mandatory fine of $5,000, six months in prison and psychological counseling.

Weinman's attorney, David Macey, said his client is innocent. His parents, Alba and Douglas, could not be reached Sunday for comment.

Politicians and law enforcement agents had harsh words about the suspect.

Miami-Dade County Commissioner Katy Sorenson, who represents the area, called him ``twisted and depraved, somehow really not right as a human being.''

''Thankfully, for this community,'' Sorenson said, ``the terror has come to an end.''

Palmetto Bay Mayor Eugene Flinn said a motive is hard to fathom: ``No one here can get in the head of a person capable of such a heinous act.''

Left unexplained are 15 other cat deaths in the area that police have not tied to Weinman. Some or all of those cats may have been killed by dogs, authorities said.

Miami-Dade Police Maj. Julie Miller said the investigation was continuing and that it could stretch into other jurisdictions.

Police said Weinman sliced open some of the cats' bellies and gutted them, and often threw the carcasses onto their owners' front yards.

In the first known case on May 10 –– Mother's Day –– two cats were sliced open and left on a front yard. One of the animals was ''posed'' for shock effect, according to a police report.

CRUEL ACTS

For more than a month after that, gutted cats with crushed skulls appeared on owners' lawns in Palmetto Bay and Cutler Bay. In most cases, there was no blood near the carcass, leading some to believe they were killed elsewhere and then dumped.

''These awful scenes inflicted a great human toll,'' said Cutler Bay Mayor Paul Vrooman.

Such cruelty has perplexed Weinman's friends, who say he always behaved lovingly toward their pets. He sometimes worked as a counselor at the Swim Gym Aquatic Summer Camp in Key Biscayne and was known for his comedic classroom antics.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Kitty Killer Kaptured
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:44:32 PM EDT
[#2]
"was known for his comedic classroom antics."

John Wayne Gacy liked to clown around as well

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#3]

19 felonies?

This guy is going to do more time than Larry Mahoney did for killing 27 people.

Fuck me, over some cats?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:57:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

He was a real cut up too.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#5]
A sad as this is...

I have to ask why people get up in arms over an animal abuser when human rapes, assaults, molestations, murders, etc. happen every day.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:58:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Isn't there a memeber who lived in that area? He had a 'manbearpig' avatar.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#7]
He needs to learn the value of life.  Five years on a mine clearing/IED detection squad should do it, if he survives.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#8]

lol. cat killer.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:09:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Do you know what 10,000 battered pussy's have in common?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:52:44 AM EDT
[#10]
If the kid had any sense he would have just doubled bagged the cats, stick them in the freezer then just set them out with the trash.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:17:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Around 12:30 a.m., two men in plain shirts and jeans walked into Corona's house and asked for Weinman. Then, they quietly walked him outside.

''Enjoy the party,'' Corona recalled one of them saying. The men turned out to be undercover cops.

At 1:23 p.m. Sunday, Weinman was booked into the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center, with bail set at $154,500.

Wait, they haul him off from a party at 12:30 a.m., and book him in 12 hours later?

So was he under the lights for 12 hours??
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:21:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Around 12:30 a.m., two men in plain shirts and jeans walked into Corona's house and asked for Weinman. Then, they quietly walked him outside.

Wait, they haul him off from a party at 12:30 a.m., and book him in 12 hours later?

So was he under the lights for 12 hours??

Reading is Fundamental
 He was booked into the CORRECTIONAL CENTER at 1:23 Pm he was ARRESTED at 1230 AM.  I've had arrests that sat in my station for 24 hours before being booked into the County jail.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:28:32 AM EDT
[#13]
4chan strikes again!!!
I dont care how "funny" or "class clowny" they are, one minute they do this shit, the next they are posing dead hookers bodies in provocative positions and fapping off. Sick fucks.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:35:34 AM EDT
[#14]
his eyes look dead to me.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:37:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

19 felonies?

This guy is going to do more time than Larry Mahoney did for killing 27 people.

Fuck me, over some cats?

What do you think should be the penalty for the gruesome, mass killing of 19 animals?

The kid wasn't hunting or shootin 'em with gran pap's .22.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:44:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Wonder what his Arfcom names are...

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:36:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Fuck Cats
and Fuck this Kid...

Anyways its actually the first time I saw something nice written about cops in a while, they didn't bust up the party, thats kind of nice of them .

This little bastard probably got Sick of Caturday.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:41:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:50:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A sad as this is...

I have to ask why people get up in arms over an animal abuser when human rapes, assaults, molestations, murders, etc. happen every day.

Because the mental state that people perform animal cruelty in is the same mental state they perform cruelty to people.  Especially when it is done to family pets.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:52:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A sad as this is...

Um I think people get pretty upset about this as well.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:53:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What you did there...I saw it.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:55:11 AM EDT
[#22]
I can honestly say if this kid did this to my cats he would disappear permanently.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:14:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I wonder if someone will get the urge to kill another cat or two.  That would really throw a wrench in the works about now . . .  

They were talking about this on the local radio this morning.  They said many are calling for a life sentence for the kid.  Kill humans––not so bad.  But kill a cat and it's life.  What a time we live in.  

YOu know what thats about? Humans can if they put any fucking effort into it can defend themselves. Animals can't. I mean why feel worse when a child is killed then a 33 year old man? One one side is innocence and helplessness and on the other is cowardice and plain cruelty. Also, lets face it, a lot of times the murder victim wasn't exactly an angel or it was domestic dispute same old same old.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:27:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I can honestly say if this kid did this to my cats he would disappear permanently.

This. My pets are part of my family. Fuck with them, you deal with me.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:27:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Hope they don't get a COPY cat killer.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:11:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:17:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hope they don't get a COPY cat killer.

I see what you did there
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:18:54 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My my, aren't we the internet badass today!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:11:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:19:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A sad as this is...

Because too many people run on emotions
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

My my, aren't we the internet badass today!

Skeers me and I'm pretty brave.  

Wasn't the intention. Simply saying that I protect what I care about, and someone will have to go through me to hurt my family. There's no internet badassery about it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#32]
It's only a matter of time before this fuck is killing hookers, hitch hikers or little girls. They always start out with animals, and when it gets too easy they move onto something more challenging.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#33]

Because it is such a depraved act and that it apparently is a precurser to killing people.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:41:12 AM EDT
[#34]
They  may be some cats to you but it's usually a sign of a beginning serial killer.  Animals first they Humans
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:43:01 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Because they can't be opposed to both, right?

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It's only a matter of time before this fuck is killing hookers, hitch hikers or little girls. They always start out with animals, and when it gets too easy they move onto something more challenging.

Logical flaw.

It may be that most serial killers start out with animals.

We cannot say that most animal killers become serial killers.

Big leap.

The kid's an ass*&^, doesn't mean he is, or will become, the next "killer clown."
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#37]
In this, the new golden age of tolerance, who are we to object to this young man's love of cats and mutilating them.

If it has profound meaning that enriches his life, we must support him.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Do you know what 10,000 battered pussy's have in common?

Kentucky Fried Pussy?

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Spoiled, snotty rich kid.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

+1

I'm sure some nice man in prison will take him under his wing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top