Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2009 5:48:17 PM EDT
Today I called to complain that the service inside my home and around it has been getting worse and wanted to talk about moving to another provider and terminating my Sprint contract.  After talking to a bunch of people they transferred me over to the Account Services Department to discuss the termination.  After talking with them they offered to give me a Sprint Airave Device and wave all costs and waive the contract extension in order to keep me as a customer.  Basically the Airave acts as a secure repeater and is supposed to give you great coverage for 5000ft.  It normally costs $100 and then $4.99 a month, but apparently (after talking to the rep) it is their policy that is someone wants to terminate service due to bad coverage at their home they give them on of these devices free (although it must be returned when you leave sprint).  If anyone else has the same problems I would say its worth giving them a call.  The direct number to account services is 800-639-6111.  Have a great day!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#1]
thats pretty cool. I have a SERO account so I would never think of leaving Sprint, the service here is great
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#2]
damn, i just signed a new contract a few months ago when i upgraded to the blackberry. i wonder if they still would do it if i called to bitch.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:54:34 PM EDT
[#3]
F**k sprint.  

I had nothing but problems with them.  Over and over and over again.  

I was driving out to cali a few years back and changed my plan so my free nights would start at 7.  Jerk never
put it in system and I I got nailed with $800 worth of overages.   They dropped 50 of it and I had to pay the rest.  Assholes.  

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:58:18 PM EDT
[#4]
The Airave is pretty cool, but mine does the sound effects from the Matrix when I am on the phone and downloading anything.

Not trying to sell anything or push the product, but if anyone is interested in the SERO accounts, shoot me a PM.  Employees get nothing from it, not even a 'Thank You' email, but it is a pretty good discount.

Tim
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Been a Sprint customer for about a decade now.  No problems whatsoever.   They keep handing me free phones too.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:02:23 PM EDT
[#6]
They sent me one last week for the same reason. I haven't opened it yet...so we will see.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
F**k sprint.  

I had nothing but problems with them.  Over and over and over again.  

I was driving out to cali a few years back and changed my plan so my free nights would start at 7.  Jerk never
put it in system and I I got nailed with $800 worth of overages.   They dropped 50 of it and I had to pay the rest.  Assholes.  

How bad of a hit to your credit score would it have been to simply refuse?  Might have been worth it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#8]
i might just call them tomorrow. you never know they might just send me one.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:08:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Forgot to add, Im glad they're treating you right williams.  Thats pretty nice that they offered you this.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Tag, signal sucks where I live.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:55:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I am happier with Sprint than AT&T, the Sprint costs a little more, but the service is better. AT&T customer service is actually an epic dis-service to mankind and I hope they all burn in hell sucking donkey dicks and with their insides being ripped out by savage beasts and then smothered in a giant stinking pile of shit, puke, and bile !!  
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Former 3 year Sprint customer.  Fixed all my problems by switching to Verizon.  Now I never suffer
from dropped calls.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Interesting info.....
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I am happier with Sprint than AT&T, the Sprint costs a little more, but the service is better. AT&T customer service is actually an epic dis-service to mankind and I hope they all burn in hell sucking donkey dicks and with their insides being ripped out by savage beasts and then smothered in a giant stinking pile of shit, puke, and bile !!  

um sprint ranks 2nd or 3rd (i cant remember at the moment) on the WORST customer service list for this year....

and from my experiences they should have been first

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

um sprint ranks 2nd or 3rd (i cant remember at the moment) on the WORST customer service list for this year....

and from my experiences they should have been first

jus' sayin'.............
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Sprint has taken good care of my family and I for over 10 years.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:04:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I get equally dropped calls and bad/good coverage from both att and sprint.  customer serivice edge went to sprint, only because att overcharged me about 500 dollars which has been refunded.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top