Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2009 2:11:02 PM EDT
To make a long story short.

My Rottie developed a limp on her left leg, I took her to the Vet, she sends her home with 2 medicines, after 2 weeks and no improvement, the vet tells me that my dog needs knee surgery, the surgery was done 4-20-09 ($1,500.00)  after 3 weeks she shows more limping, I asked the Vet to check her knee again and tells me it is all loose!!!  the Vet explained that, whatever string they use sometimes snaps and that she will do a bi-lateral installation and she has to re-do the surgery, second surgery was done 5-11-09 (cost: $600.00)

This last Saturday I took my dog back to the vet for a check up and I saw the Vet's face change when she checked my dog's knee and gave me some BS that my dog may walk with a limp the rest of her life. I got all pissed and walked out. I took my dog the same day to an Orthopedic Surgeon and he explained to me, that he never does the kind of surgery that my dog had. The strings are not reliable on a dog that size (88 pounds). The very same day at 4:00 PM this new Doctor did a TPLO (Tibia Plateau Level Osteotomy)  cost $4,100.00

I am so pissed, not so much for the money but my poor dog has been opened 3 times in 2 months. I am thinking about consulting a lawyer, but a lawyer will probably cost me more than the damages I have suffered.  

What can I do...  I am going tomorrow to the first vet's office and that Dr. is going to hear me. Besides that I wish there was more I could do.  Any ideas?

First surgery.

Second Surgery.

I'll take some pictures of the 3rd. surgery tomorrow after I pick my baby up.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a vet tell me once that my Australian Shepherd was blind because his eyes were blue with brown mottling.

She swore he couldn't see.

Never took my pets back to that quack.

Hope your dog gets better.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Awww how cute!!1!, errr, I mean hardcore dog. All you can do, short of getting a lawyer, is ask for some or all your money back.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Poor pup.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]
My dogs wold have been screwed I dont have $6k.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:22:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Try a different vet, see what they say.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#6]
my dad took our cat to a vet once cuz it was drueling really bad (ended up having a sore on its tongue/bad tooth) the vet told my dad it was rabies and it should be put down

went to another one and found out about the sore on the tongue

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1

I had a conversation with my dog.. he better stay as healthy as possible haha.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:39:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Mine too.  I don't like it, but facts are facts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top