Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2009 10:35:03 AM EDT
Ok so i live in PA which means that i cannot buy anything that goes boom or flys! But its not live NJ or NY where the cops are stacking the places out. PA cops do not care. Last time i was at a store and they told me i could only stay in a little corner, they told me to take a catalog and have a friend buy it for me! So now i got a friend, but now i need to but some fireworks.

Im really looking for chaeper suff. Things that boom, and fly. Are fun to light, and are a great bang for your buck. Im looking for good reloadable(but cheap) mortars, larger bottle rockets ( i got these screaming dragon bottle rockets that are about 3 inches long and are just amazing, thing is i got them in the back room of store in NC for $4 a dozen!), and some good firecrackers, and maybe a a couple cheap bottel rockets, i know black cat are the best but they dont have them

So HERE is where my friedn si getting them from.

What do you guys suggest?

One thing im dieing to find are something like the Jupitor Missles that looked like this(below) they were about 3-4 inches high and shot at least a hundred feet in the air, made a loud scream, and had a bright red tail which made them look like a tracer. My father had a couple of these but he told me they stopped making them

Only things so far that im looking for are

-hydro crackers
-2 OZ. WOLF PACK ROCKETS
-Copper Head mini shell morter kit
-Mighty Mite's Mortar kit
-Phantom Whistling bottle rockets w/ stars and report

Does phantom have buy one get on free right now?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:38:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I just make my own
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I like my fingers! HAHA.

We actually do make our own "booms" With a reinforced steel hydrolic tube, with a 1" steel plate welded to one end. But a couple spoonfuls or black powerd down there, stuff some paper towels, pack it down, and that is the loudest firework i've ever heard. Way louder then the full size professional shells that just flash and make a big boom. Its fun setting it off at my neighbors house becausehe lives on the top of a huge hill and you can hear it echo back from the mountains
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#3]
500g cakes and mortars are my favorites.  I think the 2nd amendment covers fireworks too.  What kind of unAmerican fuck would ever want to limit them?

Celebrate the independence of your nation by blowing up a small part of it
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:58:41 AM EDT
[#4]
My current favorites are "Flashing Signals" and "Cracker Bombs".  Anything can be done with these two items.

When I was younger, we used to buy bricks of small bottle rockets, packaged by the gross(144 rockets).  They were dirt cheap and a lot of fun.  I don't recall their name, however.  There were whistling and non whistling versions.

Mortars are good too, assuming you can find the cheaper ones.

ETA:  "Jumping Jacks" were always a good standby as well.  Very cheap and fun...  Relatively quiet too, if that makes a difference.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

ETA:  "Jumping Jacks" were always a good standby as well.  Very cheap and fun...  Relatively quiet too, if that makes a difference.

I'll be getting a couple of the $8 1gross bottle rockets, and since they usually are buy one get one free, they're like $4 a gross.  and maybe a couple dozen 2 oz rockets. Im thinking about the missle heads assorted pack too.

I cannot spend money on jumping jacks or the ground bloom things any more. My father had a crap load of them and i still have some and they were the same size but packed twice the punch. They laster 3 times longer, and and the effects they produced were 5x bigger. The current ones are like child's toys in comparison.   The old ground blooms that my father had were so powerful that if you stood them up on the side where the jet came out, they would launch at least 50 feet into the air.

Quoted:
500g cakes and mortars are my favorites.  I think the 2nd amendment covers fireworks too.  What kind of unAmerican fuck would ever want to limit them?

That video is exactly how the store in NC was! On the outer banks i was shopping for fireworks, and i went into this store which was the back of this couple's house. Anyway it was this little old lady and her husband they were at least 60. Anyway i looked at the five or six little legal fireworks in dissapointment, then the women asked whati was looking for, i told her fireworks, and immediatly she looked around, made sure noone else was coming in , and said she had the big stuff in the back. It was in here laundry room and she opens up these sliding doors and there is more fireworks then i've seen in my life! Funny thing is most prices were on par iwth fireworks stores and some were even cheaper. I got 2 0z screaming dragon bottle rockets for $4 a dozen. Of course this  was tax free too!.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Any Class B Fireworks

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:02:58 PM EDT
[#7]
snakes and sparklers
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
snakes and sparklers

i can legally get that stuff
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:34:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

snakes and sparklers

Joe Dirt, it that you?

"Whisker doos, whisker don'ts"

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#10]
id start with some  whistling bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honky lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, and one whistling kitty chaser"
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

snakes and sparklers

Joe Dirt, it that you?

"Whisker doos, whisker don'ts"

That was Kicking Wing
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Got a 12ga?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:41:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Mortars are the most fun. Rockets are alright. I don't like the quiet ones. I'm out to make noise. Noise is fun. Blowing shit up is fun. Mortars is where it's at.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ok so i live in PA which means that i cannot buy anything that goes boom or flys!

That does not stop alot of people here in CA. The neighbors a block over set off shit that shakes the block every year. I think it could be dynamite.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I hit the Phantom in Warfordsburg.

Go mortars and cakes or go home.
The Grucci collections are nice but pricey.

I did the buy one, get one free thing last year on their Phantom mortar packs.
Reinforce the tubes and bury them, they tend to blow off the bases.

My $400 purchase netted about a 45 minute show of solid aerials.
That was with two powder men.

Get on the Phantom list, they'll send you all kinds of coupons.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Gotta love Indiana.  Doesn't matter if its a sparkler or a mortar its all legal!

Although I should add it wasn't always this way.  It used to be you could buy anything you wanted so long as you signed off that you were not going to light them off in the state.  They were called out of state fireworks, but everyone would buy them and set them off instate anyways.  Eventually they changed the law so that anyone could buy and use them.  Only downer was they added an extra tax to them to support fire related programs, but in the end it was worth it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Black powder, bottle rocket, cannon fuze, water bottle.  Really loud, and pretty cheap.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Get some Thunder Kings they are like a 1 shot roman candle and are louder than fuck. The blast is loud enough to knock street lights out. Last I seen them they were like $2.00 each and were the most fun I have had in a long time. Go to the bar, get drunk, come home and set one off in the street and watch every light come on on all the houses on the street.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ok so i live in PA which means that i cannot buy anything that goes boom or flys! But its not live NJ or NY where the cops are stacking the places out. PA cops do not care. Last time i was at a store and they told me i could only stay in a little corner, they told me to take a catalog and have a friend buy it for me! So now i got a friend, but now i need to but some fireworks.

Im really looking for chaeper suff. Things that boom, and fly. Are fun to light, and are a great bang for your buck. Im looking for good reloadable(but cheap) mortars, larger bottle rockets ( i got these screaming dragon bottle rockets that are about 3 inches long and are just amazing, thing is i got them in the back room of store in NC for $4 a dozen!), and some good firecrackers, and maybe a a couple cheap bottel rockets, i know black cat are the best but they dont have them

So HERE is where my friedn si getting them from.

What do you guys suggest?

One thing im dieing to find are something like the Jupitor Missles that looked like this(below) they were about 3-4 inches high and shot at least a hundred feet in the air, made a loud scream, and had a bright red tail which made them look like a tracer. My father had a couple of these but he told me they stopped making them
http://www.frontierfireworks.com/products/jupiter.jpg

Only things so far that im looking for are

-hydro crackers
-2 OZ. WOLF PACK ROCKETS
-Copper Head mini shell morter kit
-Mighty Mite's Mortar kit
-Phantom Whistling bottle rockets w/ stars and report

Does phantom have buy one get on free right now?

Buy one get the second for .99 except for their assortment packs.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The kind who like deserts unburnt?

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:45:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Get some Thunder Kings they are like a 1 shot roman candle and are louder than fuck. The blast is loud enough to knock street lights out. Last I seen them they were like $2.00 each and were the most fun I have had in a long time. Go to the bar, get drunk, come home and set one off in the street and watch every light come on on all the houses on the street.

+87

Hands down the best firework you can buy for the money if you can find them.  Not the flashiest, but trump all others with noise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top