Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2009 10:11:11 AM EDT
After 17 years of futilely accelerating towards those flying rat bird pigeon fucks in the road, only to have them fly out of the way at the last second, I finally got one. It must have been REALLY absorbed in whatever it was eating on the ground. It's buddy dodged and I saw it start to flap it's wings at the last instant. I thought it was going to get away, but I heard it bounce off the undercarriage. I didn't see it in the road in my rearview mirror, so I am not sure of it's ultimate fate, but it was very satisfying to finally get one.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#1]
We hit probably 3 of them during the Appleseed weekend down in Rahma a couple weeks ago

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:14:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I've hit them with my windshield on the St. Louis riverfront; great fun with feathers everywhere.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Reported to PETA.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#4]
IBTPT

(In Before The PETA Types)

ETA: Beaten by mere seconds.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Reported to PETA.

Fuck PETA and fuck pigeons!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:51:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Rats with wings, good shoot...er...drive down.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I took oput a hawk with my M roadster once, i was going about 110 , it made a nasty mess
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Had a blackbird fly into my windshield when I was doing about 65.  Bastard left a greasy, slimy mess that I had to use uncut orange cleaner to get off the damned glass.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Congratulations! Only four more and you'll be a Pigeon Ace.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm so happy for you!

I always knew you could do it!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:17:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Congratulations! Only four more and you'll be a Pigeon Ace.

The first one took 17 years.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:19:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Good....

Now try for an advanced target...  DUMPSTER CHICKENS!!! (crows)
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
After 17 years of futilely accelerating towards those flying rat bird pigeon fucks in the road, only to have them fly out of the way at the last second, I finally got one. It must have been REALLY absorbed in whatever it was eating on the ground. It's buddy dodged and I saw it start to flap it's wings at the last instant. I thought it was going to get away, but I heard it bounce off the undercarriage. I didn't see it in the road in my rearview mirror, so I am not sure of it's ultimate fate, but it was very satisfying to finally get one.

Did you check under the car?  Maybe it's stuck in there somewhere.  If so, go to a drive-thru car wash and get the "under car wash."  
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:19:47 AM EDT
[#15]
I like pigeons.   Individually.  Not so much in flocks.  They make surprisingly good pets, and are LESS messy than parrots of the same size and weight.  But you don't normally

see flocks of 5000 parrots flying around your city shitting on everything.

But there's no shortage of pigeons, either.   Just try to make sure your kills are clean kills.

My pet peeve is squirrels.  I try to crush them all under my tires.  I've nailed four to date.    I could bait them by putting vodka-soaked peanuts in the middle

of the road, but that's cheating.   I'd rather match driving skills against sober squirrels.

CJ

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Nothing like a 1 ton projectile going 70 mph to ruin a bird's day.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you check under the car? Maybe it's stuck in there somewhere. If so, go to a drive-thru car wash and get the "under car wash."

I gave it a good look and didn't see anything. It's a lifted Jeep so it's pretty easy to see under there.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I like pigeons. Individually. Not so much in flocks. They make surprisingly good pets, and are LESS messy than parrots of the same size and weight. But you don't normally

But there's no shortage of pigeons, either. Just try to make sure your kills are clean kills.

My pet peeve is squirrels. I try to crush them all under my tires. I've nailed four to date. I could bait them by putting vodka-soaked peanuts in the middle

of the road, but that's cheating. I'd rather match driving skills against sober squirrels.

CJ

I like many of your opinions, but have always disagreed with you on pigeons. Those fuckers shit all over my car.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:22:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Good....

that ain't the kind of chickens i've heard them called
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:22:53 AM EDT
[#20]
My record is 12 various birds in one day in S. Dakota, while cruising the missile field, when I was stationed out there in the 1990's.

My best is the time I hit a seagull while headed north on the 101 between Oxnard and Santa Barbara. I tagged it with the top
of my windshield frame on my Jeep soft top. I was cruising around 65-70mph. Scared the shit out of me. Seagull exploded.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

My record is 12 various birds in one day in S. Dakota, while cruising the missile field, when I was stationed out there in the 1990's.

My best is the time I hit a seagull while headed north on the 101 between Oxnard and Santa Barbara. I tagged it with the top

of my windshield frame on my Jeep soft top. I was cruising around 65-70mph. Scared the shit out of me. Seagull exploded.

I have much catching up to do. My AO must not have enough targets.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Good....

I recently learned that crows are legal to hunt year round here in CA as varmints.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#23]
We don't have winged rats (many at least) in MS.   However the mourning doves are pretty dumb.

So far I've killed 3 with my tundra, a rabbit, and a deer.

If anyone finds some dove, rabbit, and deer stencils that I can use to paint my kills on my truck I'd appreciate it
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#24]
I've hit a few while driving a van.. never with them on the ground.... now, some prarrie rats have fallen victim to the tires of dead.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#25]
That reminds me of a funny bird hit i had. We were responding to a call in an ambulance. I was driving at the time and my partner was mapping me. I saw a bird fly across the front of the ambulance then bam! Partner looks up and says "what was that?". I didn't see the bird hit, but i assumed we hit it. Fast forward, we get on scene and my partner hops out and says "i know what that thud was, we hit a bird". I walk around to the other side and there it is laying on the step. Guess we hit it with the side view mirror and it dropped straight down and we took it for a ride. I don't know how it ended up on the rig running code, figured it would have fallen off but i guess the diamond plate held it on there. Don't even remember the call but i'll always remember that bird.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Pigeons are good eatin'... mmmm pigeon meat.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:55:41 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like pigeons. Individually. Not so much in flocks. They make surprisingly good pets, and are LESS messy than parrots of the same size and weight. But you don't normally

But there's no shortage of pigeons, either. Just try to make sure your kills are clean kills.

My pet peeve is squirrels. I try to crush them all under my tires. I've nailed four to date. I could bait them by putting vodka-soaked peanuts in the middle

of the road, but that's cheating. I'd rather match driving skills against sober squirrels.

CJ

I like many of your opinions, but have always disagreed with you on pigeons. Those fuckers shit all over my car.

Well,  if bird shit on your car really pisses you off,  I can see that.   Me, well, I don't care very much.  It's nothing that doesn't wash off pretty easily

and I drive an 18 year old car.
  Besides, I don't park anywhere near where any flocks of pigeons are known to be.  They're just not all that common

around here anyway.  There are a few but nowhere near as many as in most big cities with lots of tall buildings.

Individually,  pigeons DO make cool pets. They're moderately bright and quite gentle.  

CJ

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Good....

I recently learned that crows are legal to hunt year round here in CA as varmints.  

That's only under depredation permits. There is a crow season, which is part of the migratory species act.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:28:31 PM EDT
[#29]
i nailed one in my truck acouple days ago, it was stuck in my grill
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:37:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Fuckin' - A !!!

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Rats with wings, good shoot...er...drive down.

Yes, the only good pigeon is a dead pigeon.  I hate the nasty flying rats!  
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top