Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2009 1:20:47 AM EDT
My dog has been throwing up off and on since Monday, but not a lot and mostly watery. She also started drinking noticeably more, and typically vomits a little after drinking a large amount of water, but otherwise she is acting normal and energetic as usual, which is why I haven't had any cause for concern, shes also eating normally and doesn't vomit the food. She had all her shots (rabbies, distemper/parvo, corona) done about two weeks ago. Is this a possible side effect? Or would that have occurred sooner?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:41:02 AM EDT
[#1]
If you were vomiting water since Monday would you be worried?  Probably...safest bet is to just take her in.  Sucks you waited until now, if you have to go to the pet emergency room it's fucking expensive, a lot more than a normal vet bill would have been yesterday...
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:59:14 AM EDT
[#2]
She isn't lethargic or otherwise showing any other symptom of sickness, in fact shes energetic and playful as always. And its not constant, she maybe did it twice on Monday, then was fine until Thursday and vomited a small amount, then tonight she vomited again, so now I'm starting to get a little concerned.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 2:05:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Since Monday? Get her to the vet!

ETA: okay, so it's off and on. I hadn't downloaded your most recent post. Not as bad, but still: vet in the morning.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:43:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Got her to the vet this morning and they said vomiting is due to her water drinking, but the reason she started drinking more was because of a condition developing in her uterus. They had xrays done and she has signs of early Metritis. Vet took blood & urine and gave her antibiotic injections to relieve the condition for now, I wont find out until Monday the results of the tests. I'm going to have to get her spayed sometime this week to prevent it from becoming a bigger problem.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry about your pup, glad you got a diagnosis and a solution.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top