Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2001 7:09:37 PM EDT
Check this out a no knock raid was issued on a house here in Denver. The cops broke down the door and the stunned occupant grabed his gun and as he did this he was shot down by Denver swat. But guess what it was the wrong address. they raided the house next door. Now an innocent man is dead. The officer in charged was found not neglegent of this mans death. He still serves on the force. This is BS
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I can find, it looks like this happened in Nov. 99, and the officer was cleared in Feb 00.  Even though this case is a bit old, the question still has to be asked; when are we going to get fed up with the abuses and stop this kind of thing?  When are the police going to be held responsible for their actions, and when are the judges going to stop signing bogus warrants issued on the word of an informant who is no doubt at least as dirty as he purports the alleged suspect to be?

SOL
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not gonna stop until the public is truly outraged, which i don't think is going to happen for a long time if ever. I'm pissed off like i am sure you are, but i just vent my frustration and then forget about it like i assume you probably do as well. I'm not bashing you, please don't take it that way, but this isn't the first time something like this has happened. Who remembers the guy in New York who got shot in the same manner, and i seem to remember the same type of thing in colorado springs, except the police officer not only gave the wrong address for the no knock raid but he lied about the reason for the warrant. He got a slap on the wrist and honestly not that many people seem to care, i am sure there are many people out there who see him as being in the wrong because he fired at police officers.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 9:06:08 PM EDT
[#3]
It may have been he pulled a weapon because he was wanted in his country (mexico) for murder. The warrant may have been wrong, but that is one less criminal on the streets of denver.
[x]
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 1:27:25 AM EDT
[#4]
How about this. The man’s friends get revenge and take out the rotten cop that did this. A life for a life. If the system will not dish out justice then maybe we will have to make sure that justice is served.  Sniper for Justice
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 1:29:27 AM EDT
[#5]
If they had hit my house it would be the SWAT cop that would be dead.  Sniper for Justice
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 1:59:56 AM EDT
[#6]
If its a life for a life your looking for then justice was served.  The murdering mexican national, who was here illegally, is dead. The unfortunate part of all of this is the millions of dollars the murderers family collected from the tax payers.  If the police were accountable for anything it is the money wasted.
[X]

Link Posted: 3/15/2001 3:18:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm not entirely sure on the laws of extradition...We'll let that be. But this murderers house could have been mine.

If that was the case... the inventory missed some items. A few .40 rounds in a police TAC-vest as they parade my body in front of the media as a try to be-cop killer.

All I did was wake up at the sound of a bump and now I'm a dead terrorist.

Woe is me
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 4:05:05 AM EDT
[#8]
This just proves the benefit of a steel door and jam. By the time they get in, you can have your video camera hooked up to the puter and broadcast the event live on the Internet for everyone to see.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 5:58:20 AM EDT
[#9]
[size=2]Ok so this guy was accused of murder but was he convicted of it??? Just because he was accused meant that he should die? What if he was innocent? Now are you going to say, oops just another dead [bold]Mexican[/bold]? The officers screwed up, that man shouldn't have died and there should have been some form of disciplenary action taken against the officer. This isn't Mexico, things like this shouldn't happen to anyone!!!!!!![/size=2]
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 2:36:24 PM EDT
[#10]
The fact that he did turn out to be a criminal does not justify a raid that was done illegaly. Once we start down that path police will just start harassing random people, and with all the laws on the books everyone will be found guilty of breaking some law. Besides i'm pretty sure that its against the Constitution and the laws that these police officers swore to uphold to raid a random house.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#11]
If anyone has alink to this info, I must have it. Aslo, does anyone remember a SWAT sniper who accidently shot the hostage instead of the perp a couple years ago.  I think it was in Texas, but I'm not sure.  If anyone has links to info on these events it would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 3:17:40 PM EDT
[#12]
slt223 that was in orlando within the last year.mmk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top