Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/12/2009 12:29:09 PM EDT
I am an RN at a military hospital in the Emergency Department.  Last night, during a lull in triage, I was talking to a medic about guns, the 2nd amendment, and how Obama is destroying America.

This is a great kid, a good medic, and a Springfield XD-45 owner.

The conversation turned to confiscation and I asked him: "so, if your unit was suddenly tasked to confiscate guns from private citizens, would you comply?  What would you do if the next house on your list was mine?".

His reply: "well, it would be a lot like a house-to-house in Iraq, but we would get it done; when I got to your house, I would leave you some of your guns and just tell them this was all you had" –– clearly, by leaving me "some of my guns" he was thinking he was doing me a favor.

I told him "bad news guy, if you bust in my door to take my guns at the behest of a confiscatory edict then you are going to get wounded at best".  I told him that I am clearly not in shape to win against the US Army, and I can only hope that I would find the courage to resist, but likely it would get nasty".

He smiled and said that I would get killed quickly against some Iraq campaign vets; I replied that I had hoped that if it came to that, I would be fighting against the government WITH those vets.

I then tried to explain why it would be his duty to refuse such a task ––  FOREIGN and DOMESTIC dude –– FOREIGN and DOMESTIC.

ETA: grammar fix.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Not every AD servicemember thinks that way.  There's a lot of like minded people on my Flight (I'm AD AF) that wouldn't do something like that if tasked.  Though the likelyhood of Airmen going door to door is slim to none
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#3]
he is a tool bag
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:33:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I was just following orders . . .
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Not sure what I would do.  But a line must be drawn somewhere!  You know how much money that would cost the tax payer?  Door to Door across the entire nation.  Crazy
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:34:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Paging Dave A.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#7]
People will generally do what they're told.  That's just the way it is.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Well i can add a little something to cheer you up. When ever their holding an NCO board here a certain First Sargent always asks the soldier about the bill of rights and which right is the most important. If the soldier doesn't answer the 2A he gets his ass handed to him.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sheeple.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#10]
it'll be split across the board i think, some who will participate and some who won't.

all i know for SURE is that it'd get real messy REALLY quick..
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Paging Dave A.

These posts seemed worthy of quotation for some reason.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:37:33 PM EDT
[#12]
same goes for LEOs
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

and I swear I couldn't find any guns

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:38:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Paging Dave A.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Door to door confiscation is too severe, it would jump start many people into resistance.  They will simply ban certain categories of guns, eventually most will be voluntarily turned in.  No one revolted in 1934, 1968, 1989, 1994, etc., so no one will revolt when they pass the next slight infringement.  

What you have to do, is oppose every single restriction, no matter how minor.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Paging Dave A.

These posts seemed worthy of quotation for some reason.  

And I'll quote 'em again, just as a tag, mind you, in case this one takes off.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I know a reservist that thinks the same way.  

When the rubber meets the road, very often the first guy in the door will be the first one to die.  

Eventually, after many streets and many houses, every one involved with the operation will have the opportunity to be the first one in the door.

The tide will change when that guy decides that he doesn't want to be the next one to die.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Move along nothing to see here
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I am an RN at a military hospital in the Emergency Department.  Last night, during a lull in triage, I was talking to a medic about guns, the 2nd amendment, and how Obama is destroying America.

The conversation turned to confiscation and I asked him: "so, if your unit was suddenly tasked to confiscate guns from private citizens, would you comply?  What would you do if the next house on your list was mine?".

His reply: "well, it would be a lot like a house-to-house in Iraq, but we would get it done; when I got to your house, I would leave you some of your guns and just tell them this was all you had" –– clearly, by leaving me "some of my guns" he was thinking he was doing me a favor.

I told him "bad news guy, if you bust in my door to take my guns at the behest of a confiscatory edict then you are going to get wounded at best".  I told him that I am clearly not in shape to win against the US Army, and I can only hope that I would find the courage to resist, but likely it would get nasty".

He smiled and said that I would get killed quickly against some Iraq campaign vets; I replied that I had hoped that if it came to that, I would be fighting against the government WITH those vets.

I then tried to explain why it would be his duty to refuse such a task ––  FOREIGN and DOMESTIC dude –– FOREIGN and DOMESTIC.

This is the mindset of a vast majority of our service men, look at the Katrina video's, They were walking the streets and taking guns from neibourhoods
the floods were no where near.
I truely believe this was a test case for our said goverment.
They will attempt this, mark my words.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#21]
In some parts of the country it'll be very hard to do this door to door thing where as there will alot of people getting shot...
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Door to door confiscation is too severe, it would jump start many people into resistance.  They will simply ban certain categories of guns, eventually most will be voluntarily turned in.  No one revolted in 1934, 1968, 1989, 1994, etc., so no one will revolt when they pass the next slight infringement.  

This
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:44:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sheeple.

Incorrect.

Some light reading for you

It is important to remember. The military is the muscle of the federal government first and foremost. Allegiance to any etherial concepts is quite far down the line.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:45:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the mindset of a vast majority of ouor service men, look at the Katrina video's, They were walking the streets and taking guns from neibourhoods

tin foil? post link to said vids
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Resistance would limited, localized, and futile.  Disobedience would be rare.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#26]
There's a number of .mil 2nd Amendment "defenders" I serve alongside who, if asked, state they will NOT take up arms against the government if .gov bans firearms.

Fuck that
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Resistance would limited, localized, and futile.  Disobedience would be rare.
I disagree

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#28]
remember, the military is full of patriots, but some of them are mindless robots.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#29]
No disrespect to our Iraq vets who think like the one in the OP's post, but I wouldn't base your claim on success with door to door confiscation because you can breach terrorists houses/compounds. They're not the model of skill and dexterity.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:50:45 PM EDT
[#31]
still waiting on the videos of soldiers taking weapons in NO
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#32]
I have to chuckle at the arrogance of such youth.

YES... the might of the US military would do a lot of damage to the US civi population if they were called upon to enforce such an edict.

YES... the might of the armed US citizen would conversely do a lot of damage to those TRAITORS in the US military who blindly followed the orders of a rogue government.

YES... many of those blind MURDERERS who CHOSE to follow illegal orders would find themselves confronting many current and former military people.

When my country no longer holds to the document that it was formed under, it is no longer my country...
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Buick is gone and this ain't your father's America anymore.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Absolutely right.  There is far more reason to fear the 'piece at a time' approach than outright banning or confiscation.

Also, I have no faith in the majority of LE and the military to refuse to follow orders if the law and their superiors ordered confiscation.
They are trained, and take oaths, to do what they are told by their officers.  I'll bet most of them would obey.
I'm NOT knocking LE and the military, I just realize what their job is.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Read my last post. The one above yours...
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Good luck with that.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4

Those are police , not soldiers
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the mindset of a vast majority of our service men, look at the Katrina video's, They were walking the streets and taking guns from neibourhoods

100% wrong, at least in my experience with Army officers.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Hold on, I'll find the soldiers.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's real. I think they were guardsmen. Complete with interview and gun-bearing uniformed person saying something to the effect of, "you don't want to think about what you might have to do."
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#41]
NG count?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm5PC7z79-8
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

100% wrong, at least in my experience with Army officers.

This dude is as unfamiliar with soldiers as he is with spellcheck
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:04:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
NG count?

Where in the video do you see Guardsmen confiscating weapons?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#44]
After reviewing the vid, the guard is not shown taking the weapons.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:06:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
NG count?

Dude are you serious??????? The swat team was a out of line all I saw soldiers doing was evacuating people and cleaning shit up. I gurantee they had been shot at by thugs as well.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:08:17 PM EDT
[#46]
In fact since Katrina I count zero stories of soldiers killing american citizens. The reverse can not be said.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#47]
US Service members have a duty to disobey illegal orders.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Dude, read my last post.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#49]
These threads are always fucking ignorant, and pointless.  

US troops would not go door to door, ever, to confiscate guns for a ton of reasons.  IF anyone were to, it would be federal and local LEO.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:11:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
US Service members have a duty to disobey illegal orders.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FUCKING AGREE WITH DLOKEN FOR ONCE.....................
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top