There has to be more to this story.

Waiting for all the facts...
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYg7aBSpopI

There has to be more to this story.

Waiting for all the facts...

unless someone altered the video they will have a tough time making the resisting arrest charge stick.  i smell money in his pocket even if he did mouth off to the cops.

at least they didn't shoot his dog.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#2]
wow...

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#3]
It was a members only jacket.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Well alrighty then.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Was posted a couple of days ago.

I smell big $$ for the guy though.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Isolated incident.

Fucker had it coming, standing on that god damn corner, being all black an schizophrenic an shit with an UNZIPPED coat? Just asking for it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Can't wait to see someone try and rationalize this.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 12:51:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure the cops told him "You better not be on that corner when whe come by here again."

Edit to add:

DONE
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Wonder if he is wearing that?
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Not knowing what it must be like for a cop to see someone with an unzipped jacket I will reserve judgement. For all we know the officer had been seeing unzipped jackets all day and this was just the last straw.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm sure the cops told him "You better not be on that corner when whe come by here again."

Edit to add:

DONE

I'm not seeing the rationality in your rationalization.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Hmm......
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Something don't smell right since when do cops tell you how to wear your clothes....
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not knowing what it must be like for a cop to see someone with an unzipped jacket I will reserve judgement. For all we know the officer had been seeing unzipped jackets all day and this was just the last straw.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Or maybe he was simply a douchebag that shouldn't be able to legally carry a firearm with a temper like that? jumping the gun like that when the video clearly shows the guy laying there, hardly trying to defend himself whilst getting the snot pounded out of him. The officer (and I use that title loosely in this fucksticks case) needs to a) lose his job, b) be financially sodomized in a civil suit or c) be brought up on charges of abusing power, and assault. Assholes like this give LEO's a bad rep for this very reason, they need to be weeded out and treated like the criminals they are.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#17]
wtf?  black in public?

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Isolated incident.

Fucker had it coming, standing on that god damn corner, being all black an schizophrenic an shit with an UNZIPPED coat? Just asking for it.

This. I'm telling you it's this.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Move along.  Nothing to see.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Something don't smell right since when do cops tell you how to wear your clothes....

I dunno, you tell us what could have possibly happened in that vid that warranted a beat down...
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:06:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Haven't seen anything in the news that justifies it. Thought maybe a concealed weapon or something, but nothing yet in the news.
At this point looks like he will be getting a hefty settlement.

Police Beating of Schizophrenic Caught on Tape
Bar Video for Criminal Activity Catches Alleged Police Brutality
By SUSAN DONALDSON JAMES
June 6, 2009  

Ronnie Holloway's eyes were still black and blue one week after he was allegedly beaten by a Passaic, N.J., police officer –– an attack that was inadvertently caught on a video surveillance camera.

A police confrontation with a New Jersey man is caught on video tape.Holloway, who is on medication for schizophrenia, joined more than 80 others outside that community's city hall Saturday to demand that Officer Joseph R. Rios III be fired.

The tape shows Holloway, 49, waiting outside Lawrence's Grill and Bar restaurant in Passaic when a police cruiser pulled up and a female officer asked him to zip up his sweatshirt. Holloway appears to comply, but Rios jumps out and begins hitting him with his fists and a baton.

The scene shows baby strollers and other pedestrians walk by in the downtown retail section of this community of immigrants and working poor.

Holloway does not appear to resist, and at one point, Rios seems to stand him back up and then slam him into the police cruiser.

"These cops know him," said Holloway's lawyer Nancy Lucianna of Fort Lee, N.J. "He's lived in the town for 25 years, does the same routine every night. He goes out after dinner, takes a walk, and paces back and forth."

Soft-Spoken Man Now Confused by Police
Lucianna said Holloway, who is a "soft-spoken, almost childlike" man who lives with his mother, has never had a police record of any kind.

"He is compliant and calm with medication," she told ABCNews.com.

His mother, Betty Holloway, said that without the surveillance tape, the truth about what happened would never have been revealed.

She said the female officer at the scene never tried to stop the officer as her son was beaten to the ground. Both Holloways deny he had a drug problem.

Betty Holloway said her son had always respected police before this incident.

"Now, he is confused and doesn't know what to think," she told ABC reporter Stacey Sager of New York affiliate WABC.

Passaic police refused to comment for ABCNews.com. Rios, a 7-year veteran of the police department is still on active duty, according to local police reports.

The Holloways have filed a complaint with the police's internal affairs department demanding an investigation. They are also asking for the state country prosecutor's office to bring criminal charges against Rios and are filing a suit against the department for police brutality.  

Source
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:07:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No way it can be to the point of saying the cop was right in his actions.

All I can come up with is maybe he made some kind of outright crude remark to the police WOMAN, and the other officer went bat shit crazy over it. Notice the police woman didn't do anything at all. She stood there like a GF would while you pounded the face of someone that insulted her.

I don't think it had anything to do with the jacket or where he was standing.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:07:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Good beat
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or maybe he was simply a douchebag that shouldn't be able to legally carry a firearm with a temper like that? jumping the gun like that when the video clearly shows the guy laying there, hardly trying to defend himself whilst getting the snot pounded out of him. The officer (and I use that title loosely in this fucksticks case) needs to a) lose his job, b) be financially sodomized in a civil suit or c) be brought up on charges of abusing power, and assault. Assholes like this give LEO's a bad rep for this very reason, they need to be weeded out and treated like the criminals they are.

Sarcasm detector broken?

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Isolated incident #89 for the month.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#27]
If this video is uncut that cops needs to be in jail and the other who stood by and failed to stop him should be suspended.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

All I can come up with is maybe he made some kind of outright crude remark to the police WOMAN, and the other officer went bat shit crazy over it. Notice the police woman didn't do anything at all. She stood there like a GF would while you pounded the face of someone that insulted her.

Still wouldn't be justified.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#29]
A job for two, who are of job age!

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:30:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still wouldn't be justified.

Never said it was. It was just my take on what might have set it off.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:31:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Intelligent comments on YouTube.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:41:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I wonder what really happened?

It sure looks bad for that officer.

How come you guys don't give blanket parties to the shitheads in your midst?

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm guessing that words were exchanged.  Video won't show that.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It was a members only jacket.

Maybe he wasn't a member
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

AAHH, da-hoy, ever heard of the fashion police!
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I'm guessing that words were exchanged.  Video won't show that.

Almost guarantee that there were.   When I kick the everloving shit out of someone who insults me, while I am armed, I generally go to jail.   Just saying.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:56:43 PM EDT
[#38]
my baby aint do nophin!
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#39]
I've seen and met a bunch of racist police over the years. I'm pretty damn sure that's all this was about. Just beating a black man for fun because he's black.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:06:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

According to the article, he was asked to "zip up his sweatshirt"....by the female officer....then the other officer proceeds to beat him down for whatever reason.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:15:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Passaic NJ is NOT someplace you want to fuck around.

Been there ?
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Isolated incident #89 for the month.

Did you take the "87" seriously before?
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:18:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Passaic NJ is NOT someplace you want to fuck around.

Or walk around in public with your sweatshirt unzipped !
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#45]
i'm thinking the perp had nicer breasts then the female officer.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#46]
I guess I don't understand why a person's sweatshirt being zipped/unzipped is any concern of a police officer.

When I worked at a prison, we could tell inmates to pull up their pants, but they were inmates, not some guy on the street.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:33:36 PM EDT
[#47]

Without audio a conclusion cannot be drawn. He may have verbally threatened or insulted the officers.
And before anybody says you can't get your ass kicked for mouthing off at a cop, go to NJ and it give it a try.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to the article, he was asked to "zip up his sweatshirt"....by the female officer....then the other officer proceeds to beat him down for whatever reason.

Funny how if a reporter writes anarticle about anything to do with firearms, they're all incometent assholes...yet when one writes an article about alleged Police Misconduct, it's treated as holy writ by the same folks.

Now before some asshole trots out the ––––––––-shit, I think he screwed up, and he'll probably get fired.  So will his Stupid Twat of a partner, not for not stopping him, but for lying when she reported he had struck her accidentally with his ASP when she Tried to step in...which was belied by the video.  Right now They're both suspended, and will more than likely both be fired.  The Female BTW is a REAL Piece of work, and shouldnt have been hired in the first place.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Aw come on, that'll buff out just fine.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top