Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2002 8:06:18 AM EDT
Sorry if this was posted before, but I searched and didn't see anything.  I found this on biggerhammer.

[url]www.house.gov/reform/min/pdfs/pdf_inves/pdf_guns_50_cal_vcp_rep.pdf[/url]

The pdf is about 3.1 meg in size and they have quotes from biggerhammer posters.  The cover page has someone firing a BFG with a Vote from the rooftop shirt.  Also the person is wearing a Molon Labe hat backwards.

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 8:24:09 AM EDT
[#1]
These gun control groups are telling people how to commit crimes. How many criminals or whackos knew about .50 caliber rifles before these idiots started trumpeting the "awesome power that can take out an armored limo" Eventually someone will use a .50 in a crime, the antigunners will blame the "gun culture", when it was actually people like VPC that supplied the info and plans.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 8:30:22 AM EDT
[#2]
How better to terrify Congress than by rubbing their faces in the possibility of a .50 caliber veto through their armored limosines?  Why do you think the liberal left are the ones most vocal about it?  (And remeber, a .300WM "intermediate range sniper rifle" can do it too.)

The right of the people to be armed is supposed to keep the Congress from getting too far out of line.  Can't have that.  Gotta ban them for their own good.

Like the T-shirt says "[i]When ALL ELSE FAILS[/i]"  We're not there.  Yet.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 8:39:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm pretty sure someone from assaultweb took that pic of the shirt/rifle, and has shown it a few times.  Did those vpc guys get that pic from there?  Lurkers...
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 8:55:50 AM EDT
[#4]
It just reminds me that anything said on here is viewed by tons of people.  Both for and against our hobby/lifestyle.

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 8:56:52 AM EDT
[#5]
What they fail to mention is that a rifle is only as good as the man firing it.  Of course healy skilled and trained military snipers can hit stuff at 1000 meters but i'm sure the average person, or even the above average person, couldn't come close.

Keving67
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 1:07:51 PM EDT
[#6]
...and that is why you don't post your pic online.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#7]
What worries me, what has always worried me, is that the idiots that run our country don't know how to think for themselves.  They have a knee-jerk reaction to .50BMG.  Suppose they were to outlaw them.  Nothing to keep someone from developing nearly the same capability in a slightly smaller caliber, say .458.  So they out law the evil .458s.  Time passes.  Anything .45, then .40 and above becomes illegal.  More time passes.  9mm and above becomes illegal.  Then its .30 cal, .25 cal, .223.  At that point society will have to deal with the dreaded and evil .22LR sniper rifle that can take out an airplane (Cessna at point blank range), shoot through concrete (well, it may take hundreds of rounds, but eventually you should be able chip through), and shoot a bullet over a mile.

Aaargh!  [rolleyes]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top