Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2002 9:09:06 PM EDT
just filed online, got 500 coming back. the spoils of being a full time student. this pumps my current toy fund up to about 1000$. i am always looking for fun new guns, but im looking at getting a motorcycle. im looking at getting a **cheap old** motorcycle. 1000 would go along way for that, but the temptation of a pre ban ar may prove to be more than i can bare. the only bad part of the deal if figuring out how to spend the cash.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 9:11:05 PM EDT
[#1]
$500 huh?   Not bad......hopefully Ill be adding a zero to that for my refund....hopefully....
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Full time student?............

I hope you pay that much in income tax and not just S.S and so on.

That would be a shame if you come here to talk about gun rights and not even think about the rights of the guy who worked for the money you are going to spend.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#3]
$2,400 back here. Lots of busniness expenses. [:D]

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#4]
To Aviator: [hypnosis]You will purchase an IAI M1 Carbine, along with 20 15rd magazines and 5 cases of ammo, and send it all to Zardoz[/hypnosis]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 3:58:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 5:17:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Married filing jointly here, with three kids and a wife that doesn't work. I'm looking to get back about $4k or so.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 5:41:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Ditto Ponyboy, but two kids worth just under 4k.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:03:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Too bad we had to loan that money to gov.org last year... taxes suck, don't they?
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:38:00 AM EDT
[#9]
You guys suck [;D].

I did a quick scratch through yesterday. I'm going to owe $193. [:(]

But I do get $140 back from the state, so I'll only have to pony up $50.

Damn part time job is what got me this year. [:(!] Without that income I would have broke even, maybe get enough back for a pizza.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 10:13:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Why are you so happy you are getting a refund?!?!?  You know what that REALLY MEANS, don't you?

THE GOVERNMENT TOOK TOO MUCH OF YOUR MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

Of course, you don't get to charge THEM interest and penalties.  But if the shoe were on the other foot...
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#11]
You should pay yourself first--how well funded is your retirement IRA?  Pay now or pay later--a junky old motorcycle is just going to end up costing you *more* money.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Usually I end up paying at least 1k.  Since the stock market sucked this year, I don't think I'll have a ton of capital gains.  Hopefully I'll get something back this year.  I'm still waiting for all the 1099's to come rolling in.

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You guys suck [;D].

I did a quick scratch through yesterday. I'm going to owe $193. [:(]

But I do get $140 back from the state, so I'll only have to pony up $50.

Damn part time job is what got me this year. [:(!] Without that income I would have broke even, maybe get enough back for a pizza.
View Quote

I'm with you, I try to owe each year. I don't know where I stand yet as the bookkeeper at wife's work hasn't done the W-2's. She's the bookkeeper. But probably the same story, get back from state about what I owe federal.

Fred
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why are you so happy you are getting a refund?!?!?  You know what that REALLY MEANS, don't you?

Of course, you don't get to charge THEM interest and penalties.  But if the shoe were on the other foot...
View Quote
Precisely.  If the government hadn't taken that money, you could've bought this cool stuff several months ago.  I wish I could figure out how to pay nothing to the IRS until April.  Even if I just left that money in a savings account, the interest would be a couple hundred bucks.

Francisco
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 2:06:53 PM EDT
[#15]
This year I've got a house AND a kid.  I'm gonna get some of MY money back.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
Precisely.  If the government hadn't taken that money, you could've bought this cool stuff several months ago.  I wish I could figure out how to pay nothing to the IRS until April.  Even if I just left that money in a savings account, the interest would be a couple hundred bucks.

Francisco
View Quote

Then you would have to pay tax on the interest.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#17]
... If you're getting more than $300 a year back you are not listening to your accountant.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 2:34:03 PM EDT
[#18]
A.)How many here filed for an earned income   tax credit?
B.)How many here are accepting welfare checks from the government written on funds seized from other citizens?

Note: If A. and B. do not equal you do not understand how our current tax system works.
[;)]  
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 2:55:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Somebody once put it so eloquently......

"I once heard the head of the Internal Revenue Service claim that taxes are
the price we pay for civilization. In fact, it's the other way around:
civilization is the price we pay -- what we are required to sacrifice -- in
order to have taxes."
- --L NEIL SMITH
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Too bad we had to loan that money to gov.org last year... taxes suck, don't they?
View Quote

Talk about a *.com failure...
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Francisco
View Quote

View Quote
The IRS hasn't figured out how to take 100% of my money yet, so I would get to keep some of the interest.  If I earn $200 interest and the IRS takes a quarter of it, I'm still up a case of .223 after a year.

Francisco
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Precisely.  If the government hadn't taken that money, you could've bought this cool stuff several months ago
View Quote

well, it would have went through the normal chanels and be gone without any cool new toys.  

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Gettin' 6K back (state and fed). Supposed to be deposited by the 8th,gunshow 9th & 10th  uh-oh[:D]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Francisco
View Quote

View Quote

LOL...I hope you are joking.  This ranks right up there with people who tell me in all seriousness that they do not do short-term stock trading because "they don't want to pay the capital gains tax."

WHAT?!?!  If I make $100 and have to pay 30% of it to the IRS (whether that money was made on interest on my invested tax burden as suggested OR from capital gains)...I AM STILL $70 richer.  Make money when you can.

Anytime one of you wants to give me a $100 bill and then charge me $30 for it...let me know!  I'll do that all day long and even pay the government whatever taxes they want to levy on me for my $70 profit.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Any and all taxation on income should be abolished.
Tax people for the government services they use.
Anything else is just theft.

Oh and "YYEEEEHHHHAAAA I was robed at gunpoint but the crook dropped $20.00 while he was getting away! So I got that goin' for me...which is nice."

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 7:49:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Any and all taxation on income should be abolished.
Tax people for the government services they use.
Anything else is just theft.

Oh and "YYEEEEHHHHAAAA I was robed at gunpoint but the crook dropped $20.00 while he was getting away! So I got that goin' for me...which is nice."

View Quote

No problem, just write your own checks for wayyyy over the amount owed, and get a refund in REAL money.  Simple!
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you don't want the sheepel they really live like commies.
They think there are getting one up on the gov.[rolleyes]

Free money! New toys!...........public school[:(]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 11:29:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I calculated my W4 much more accurately this year so I'm only getting back around $850.  I plan to finish entering my data and file tomorrow.  Don't forget most of us already got back $600 last Fall.

Don't loan the government any more money than you have to!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top