Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2009 5:10:32 PM EDT
I love this game!

Edit

Link Posted: 6/6/2009 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I miss shooting those matches. Too expensive now.
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#2]
those steel targets sound like music!
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 7:26:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Do they require the reloads or do the hi-cap guys smoke people?
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Depends on who sets up the course, back when I shot in the mid-90's, the rules for a particular stage would specify allowable magazine capacities or mandatory reloads.
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

There are several divisions you can shoot in so you will not be competing against the hi-cap guys.  You're only scored against those shooting in your division.

Production: Basically stock guns like Glocks, XD's, M&P's, Beretta's, Sig's, HK's, etc.  You can only load 10 in the magazine at the start for this division and no major external changes to the gun.
Single Stack: Designed for single stack 1911's.  No major external changes to the gun.
Revolver: 6 shot or less revolvers.
Limited: Mainly custom .40 cal 2011's with magwells and magazines no longer than 140mm.  No comp's or optics.
Limited 10: Same as limited but no more than 10 rounds in the magazine.
Open: Few rules. Custom 9mm major or .38 super 2011's with comp's, red dots, and hi-cap magazines less than 170mm long.

You can take a gun out of your safe and be competitive in most of the divisions.  No reason to spend a ton of money to start off.  I've been shooting for years with a nearly stock Beretta 92FS Vertec that I also shoot in IDPA.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 3:50:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I miss shooting those matches. Too expensive now.

It's less if you do your own reloading.  I picked up enough compontents last year to get me through a couple years of matches.  Hopefully things will settle down by the time I run out.

Link Posted: 6/7/2009 4:26:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

i <3 double taps

I know what you mean, espcially when I get two "A's" out of the deal.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Finally figured out how to run the entire match together in one video.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I love this game!

Me too!  Shot a local match today and the Area 1 match is next weekend, we shall see what I can do in production!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top