Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2002 8:41:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:49:28 PM EDT
[#1]
"The Cobra Event" by Richard Preston is an interesting read especially during these current events.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm,

Anthrax spores quite possibly sourced from US Gub'mint facilities...

I guess that explains why  Anthrax stories don't get nearly as much airtime as it did when everyone was calling it the act of a "Super-Patriot".  Whatever the definition of a "Super-Ultra-Mega-Patriot" is supposed to be anyway, right Imbroglio?  Geez does this mean we will stop blaming Iraq or Libya for this and start putting the accountability where it should be, on our "Gub'mint" now?
rDAm
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 12:46:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.ctnow.com/news/specials/hc-detrick0120.artjan20.story?coll=hc%2Dheadlines%2Dhome[/url]

If this is true it could be a bad thing. I have to admit while i was stationed at detrick security was fairly lax.
View Quote

When were you stationed there? I was at Detrick with Army Space Command from 93-96. Security was all but non-existant for most of my time there.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:13:19 AM EDT
[#4]
You know whats really funny you shold see the security when the army moves a couple of mililiters of chemical warfare agents around.  Most of the amounts they transport are very small and most would evaporate before doing harm.  But they send Biological agents through fedex.  I guess they figure you need the lab or expertise to grow more bio stuff.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:19:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:26:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I heard exactly once some weeks ago the FBI had begun to believe some involvement of the military complex was likely.  
And then nothing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:28:53 AM EDT
[#7]
T.B. Slayer,
twice lately I've used your "Dirt-Nap" wording.
If you're going to copyright let me know so's I don't infringe !

[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top