Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2002 5:32:03 PM EDT
I went to their site and they talk about restrictions on firearms and ammunition, but not primed brass. I seem to recall one of the mail order houses (Midway?) saying there was no HAZMAT charge on primed brass, but it was long ago and the memory is vague. Who has the definitive answer?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Well there's a Hazmat charge on primers.

Paper cups launched by the International Paper Co New York. Ford Model T rolls out. Einstein proposes quantum theory. Swiss chemist Jacques Brandenberger invents cellophane. Gideon Bible Company started.

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with that, but how about primed brass? Loaded ammunition can go. Just have to put the sticker (ORM-D?) on it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 5:50:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell, they don't treat the packages any differently anyways, they just pocket the HAZMAT fee and send you on your way.

I'd go drop it off and declare it as [b]undeprimed[/b] brass and send it. What are the odds of your box of brass blowing up anyways?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top