Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/20/2002 11:50:32 AM EDT
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/689029.asp[/url]

Complaining about our treatment of Al-Quaeda prisoners.  Give me a break.  We should be torturing them.  Grrrrrrr  [pissed]

WHO CARES what Amman and Cairo think??!!  Not me man, not me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/689029.asp[/url]

Complaining about our treatment of Al-Quaeda prisoners.  Give me a break.  We should be torturing them.  Grrrrrrr  [pissed]

WHO CARES what Amman and Cairo think??!!  Not me man, not me.
View Quote

Wonder who decided to tell the media where we were taking them and what was happening to them?

The ideal guards and authorized reporters would be people who had lost family members on 9/11.

As POWs, and not in the US, these prisoners are not entitled to the same treatment as prison inmates in the US.

Hey, maybe we should give them the same POW treatment the Japanese and Germans gave our POWs in WW II.

Looks like CBS is covering this topic tonight on 60 Minutes, I think.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:01:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I should be more humane, I over reacted.  Torture would be too nice.  We outta give em over to the Israelies...no better yet, send them to .... [b]Absolom[/b] (The movie with all the criminals who shared an island of death)...I think it was '97?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#3]
What?  The plane didn't go down on the way to Cuba!   Damn!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#4]
This really pisses me off. Complaining about the treatment of evil murdering terrorists that treat women like animals and would've done anything to kill westerners even if it meant losing their own. And these guys pray like 5+ times a day. How does anyone know what is happening in this picture. Are they picking up trash? Praying? Exercises? I don't see anyone getting beat of whipped for not wearing thier burkahs correctly.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#5]
We should have left their chainlink enclosures unroofed. Then fly over slow and low with a C-130 and dump out thousands of rabid badgers.

Live on pay-per-view.

Then the fire ants.

And how the hell did the Red Cross and these other busybody fags get to Gitmo in the first place? That's a secure US military facility.

Make those bitches swim to Miami if they want to get home. Call it the "Elian Gonzales Memorial Triathalon Event." A 100 yard dash into the ocean, a 90 mile swim to Miami and a 20 minute beatdown on the beach upon arrival. Who's in??
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Sodie,

you are an evil American infidel, you don't matter, we don't seem to fit in to their prayer circle...
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I know what we should have done. We should have flown them over one of there great worshiping tempels, WE should have parashutted out before hand and set for auto pilot. Let them slam into one of those fance churches that you see them praying to.

Why didnt we just let them freaze in the cold back at Afganistane. Put them in a fence with a top so they coupdnt get out and just left. No food, water or heat. Afganicubes
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, it would be better if the US completed its descent into fascism and just shot them and threw them in the ovens.  Right?

Honestly, why are they flying these people halfway around the world just to imprison them, give them a fake trial, and then execute them?  Is is just a dog & pony show for the American public or what?  

This whole "war" is a sham.  It isn't even a war, it's just bad taste and failed vengeance.  Where's Osama?  Nobody knows.  Are Americans any safer?  Are you kidding?  PATRIOT Act and National ID make us less safe overnight--less safe from our own government, that is.

Wait 'til the concentration camps start up on the continent and American "terrorists" start getting rounded up.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:54:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Aside from becoming entirely isolationist and becoming an easy target for anybody, how would you protect this country from terrorism, trickshot?

You and your small cohort of libertarian anarchists constantly scream about how we're sliding down the slope into totalitarianism. Give us some suggestions then. You wouldn't have sent the troops to Afghanistan? What would you have done?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 3:28:48 PM EDT
[#11]
F**K the international red cross and the other whining countries.  i could care less what they think about us.

there should not have been prisoners......
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 4:09:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Personally I think we are setting a bad precedent. I disagree with what they have done or trained to do but what if the shoe was on the other foot and it was our soldiers in  the hands of a foreign country. Or worse yet US as terrorist just for owning a gun?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#13]
The UN has "warned" us about treatment of these guys.  That should be the "straw that broke the camel's back" and be the impetus to get us out of the UN.

trickshot, you are sounding more and more like a left wing radical.  Kind of sounds like a member of DemocraticUnderground, don't y'all think?  [troll]   As someone asked you, what is your answer.  Sit back and do nothing, as your boy Bill did for 8 years.  It is amazing how much left wing radicals and right wing radicals sound alike, "concentration camps", American "terrorists", etc.  They both espouse the same mindless, paranoid BS.  Oh, I love your classification of X-Ray as a "concentration camp" in an earlier post and now talking about them opening up in the US.  Under your boy Bill, that was a concern, but you need to wake up.  Get a clue.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#14]
There was nothing wrong with the way we transported and are keeping the Al-Qaeda prisoners. They should be handled with the  same precaution we give to murderous and suicidal death row inmates.  BUT....

then I hear some calling for torture or murder.

When you hear the comments made by these guys, it makes it a lot easier to understand the dynamics and motivations of those who committed war crimes in WWII!

DaMan
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There was nothing wrong in the way we transported and are keeping the Al-Qaeda prisoners. They should be handled with the  same precaution we give to murderous and suicidal death row inmates.  BUT....

then I hear some calling for torture or murder.

When you hear the comments made by these guys, it makes it a lot easier to understand the dynamics and motivations of those who committed war crimes in WWII!

DaMan  
View Quote

What's this?  I have the last word?  The originator of the post has no comment? [:P]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#16]
What really SUCKS, is that or tax dollars flew them to Cuba and were feeding them now too...

I wonder how much these bastards are costing us...

Shoulda just pushed them out of the plane on the way to Cuba...

"Oooops! the cargo door just flew open all by itself...
All the prisoners just blew out of the plane at 400mph..."
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Just a few facts for consideration:

Most of these detainees are Al Qaeda, not Taliban.  As such, they may or may not be POWs or civilian prisoners (suspected terrorists).  Remember how we handled Manuel Noriega?

Almost all of the prisoners were taken from our Allies (not captured by us) and were selected from thousands of captured personnel after they were debriefed and identified as possessing intelligence of value.

These are for the most part, stone killers, as seen during the prison uprising.  At this point, they are not going to be tortured, or executed.  The time for that was immediately after capture, not after processing.  Some may even be released eventually.

Despite the media's protestations to the contrary these POWs/detainees/suspects are being treated in accordance with international protocols. The media may question this, but I have to really wonder what nation would have or has treated suspected US terrorists/POWs any better than these?  Especially after several thousand of their citizens died in a terrorist act.  These individuals would already be dead in half the nations of the world.

Anyone who is sick at this point, better get some anti-emetics.  You haven't seen anything till you see the whining from the fawning media about the mistreatment dear old misunderstood Jihad Johnny Walker is going to get once he hits US soil.  That boy will be a folk hero to the media and some politicians long after the dead CIA and SF guys are forgotten.  If he had been a redneck mercenary for a right wing dictator, they would be calling for his lynching.

Jarhead_22:

I like the way you think (LOL) but where do you obtain thousands of rabid badgers?  Got an NSN on that?

Just my .02, YMMV,
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just a few facts for consideration:

Jarhead_22:

I like the way you think (LOL) but where do you obtain thousands of rabid badgers?  Got an NSN on that?

Just my .02, YMMV,
View Quote

No NSN needed.  We just keep 'em in a pit behind the chow hall!  
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 7:59:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't mean to pass judgement on good honest Irishmen, but how did the Brits treat members of the IRA they caught?

If the Brits are that concerned over Al Queda members being treated "inhumanely," they should offer to let them live in Jolly Old.  

If the prisoners were treated humanely, they would renounce terrorism and live in peace - right!

Why did we take prisoners after that prison riot?  
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:18:40 PM EDT
[#20]
From reading the article it seems that Cuba is more reasonable than Britain! They could've at least asked what the context of that photo was PRIVATELY and not made a big thing out of it.

Perhaps they should go back to what they do best: torturing and framing any old irishmen they come across when a pub is blown up...
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Inhumane ? Geeeez , if I were in charge , they would have dug they're own hole in Afgahnistan .
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Jarhead_22:

View Quote

No, no NSN. I'm not saying my idea would be easy to implement, my brother. But if you're dedicated and motivated enough, there is always a way.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:21:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jarhead_22:

View Quote

No, no NSN. I'm not saying my idea would be easy to implement, my brother. But if you're dedicated and motivated enough, there is always a way.
View Quote

Not to cast doubt on the Marine Green technique, but a few rabid badgers would do if you put the prisoners in the showers with them one at a time.  Save on the badger costs and their parachute training.  Rabid feral hogs would send a better message, don't you think?

Or you could just drop them into the Federal Prison system.  I am sure that Mohammed's new cellmate, Bubba would love to meat him and they should be quite popular, for a while.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Not to cast doubt on the Marine Green technique, but a few rabid badgers would do if you put the prisoners in the showers with them one at a time.  Save on the badger costs and their parachute training.  Rabid feral hogs would send a better message, don't you think?
View Quote

You see, that's just me. I like to do things big, to make the grand gesture, to not just stick my thumb in the eye of my enemy, but to drive the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile into it, after installing a Paxton supercharger.

Or you could just drop them into the Federal Prison system.  I am sure that Mohammed's new cellmate, Bubba would love to meat him and they should be quite popular, for a while.
View Quote

"Bubba would love to [b]meat[/b] him?" Was that a Freudian slip or a clever play on words?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:08:58 PM EDT
[#25]
I forgot the NSN prefix for live animals.  We made up one for Jellyfish (officers who had their spines removed by the CO) and used it as code around the unknowing.

In any case, these guys are probably the worst of the worst, the hardest of the hard core.  The world is a better place having them locked up away from even the general prison population.  I've heard of a few muslim prison conversions - this is the last thing we need, indigenous muslim extremism.

Link Posted: 1/21/2002 12:31:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Gee, if the "world community" is upset at thier treatment now, how are they gonna' react next month? After we have given them a "fair" trail and their all hanging from flag poles lining broadway, from the garment distict to battery park.
I'm a little concerned about the smell, but it's New York City, usually smells like that anyway.  Well mid-town does anyway.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 1:43:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yeah, it would be better if the US completed its descent into fascism and just shot them and threw them in the ovens.  Right?

Honestly, why are they flying these people halfway around the world just to imprison them, give them a fake trial, and then execute them?  Is is just a dog & pony show for the American public or what?  

This whole "war" is a sham.  It isn't even a war, it's just bad taste and failed vengeance.  Where's Osama?  Nobody knows.  Are Americans any safer?  Are you kidding?  PATRIOT Act and National ID make us less safe overnight--less safe from our own government, that is.

Wait 'til the concentration camps start up on the continent and American "terrorists" start getting rounded up.  
View Quote

Trickshot,

How quaint and dated to even hope that we are not under the rule of man, but the rule of law.  You are a rare breed indeed.  Too bad there aren't more of you.

The spookiest thing is after hearing all the satanic fantasies of most of the posters on this thread, I wonder what wishes their twisted shriveled brains have for those who have enough sack to stand up to them, call them for what they are, let alone merely dissent?
rDAm
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 1:53:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Daman:  You said:: "When you hear the comments made by these guys, it makes it a lot easier to understand the dynamics and motivations of those who committed war crimes in WWII"

I'm all bitter.

Thats all.  

"Facts," Aldous Huxley once remarked, "do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

Fair winds and following seas!
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 2:43:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Trickshot, Invictus: How would YOU have us treat these individuals, whose entire purpose in life is to kill as many of us as they can? When you have an infection, do you not take an antibotic? Or do you try to talk the virus out of making you ill? Perhaps you blame yourself for wiping your nose after touching that dirty doorknob in the men's room?
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 3:01:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:16:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Trickshot, Invictus: How would YOU have us treat these individuals, whose entire purpose in life is to kill as many of us as they can? When you have an infection, do you not take an antibotic? Or do you try to talk the virus out of making you ill? Perhaps you blame yourself for wiping your nose after touching that dirty doorknob in the men's room?
View Quote

Their entire purpose in life is [b]NOT[/b] to kill as many of us as they can. Their purpose is to get us the hell out of their countries! Have any of you done any research on the Afghan pipeline project? Why was the WTC hit? What is it that push's someone to give their life to kill their enemies? Most of the posters have swallowed the media/government line hook, line, and sinker! [b]I challange any of you to demonstrate ANY war in the last 75 years in which we knew the truth about the reasons for it![/b] This is the same media/govt. that "informed" us about JFK murder, Ruby Ridge, Waco, and OKC!! [b]AND YOU BELIEVE THEM??[/b]
May your chains sit lightly upon you...

[b]Right on Trickshot![/b]

[b]Satcong "Sorry if it sounds that way, but lets face it, killing innocents intentionally is wrong. Military targets are another story. If Al Queda had destroyed a military target and not innocent people, I think most Americans would not advocate torture or hogs or rabid weasels."[/b]

Military targets...... BULLSHIT! How about the bombing of TV and Radio stations in the ILLEGAL Serbia bombing? The destruction of passenger trains, "collateral damage". The bombing of Iraq because they moved on Kuwait [b]with bush sr.'s green light![/b] I know, I know, you say that's "infrastructure". Well so is WTC! It is an economic (economic targets ARE military targets) as well as a Highly Visible symbol of American (read NWO) power in the world. If you look at it from their point of veiw, WE are the jackbooted thug of the world, with our boot on their throat!
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:35:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:49:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Their entire purpose in life is [b]NOT[/b] to kill as many of us as they can. Their purpose is to get us the hell out of their countries! Have any of you done any research on the Afghan pipeline project? Why was the WTC hit? What is it that push's someone to give their life to kill their enemies? Most of the posters have swallowed the media/government line hook, line, and sinker! [b]I challange any of you to demonstrate ANY war in the last 75 years in which we knew the truth about the reasons for it![/b] This is the same media/govt. that "informed" us about JFK murder, Ruby Ridge, Waco, and OKC!! [b]AND YOU BELIEVE THEM??[/b]
May your chains sit lightly upon you...
View Quote

raf- "Physical chains can be removed, unlike the psychological chains of paranoia."

Wow raf, Now THERE'S compelling answer!!

Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:53:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:58:54 AM EDT
[#35]
no pissing contests.

Eye for an eye, thats all I'm saying.

Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:59:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Military targets...... BULLSHIT! How about the bombing of TV and Radio stations in the ILLEGAL Serbia bombing? The destruction of passenger trains, "collateral damage". The bombing of Iraq because they moved on Kuwait [b]with bush sr.'s green light![/b] I know, I know, you say that's "infrastructure". Well so is WTC! It is an economic (economic targets ARE military targets) as well as a Highly Visible symbol of American (read NWO) power in the world. If you look at it from their point of veiw, WE are the jackbooted thug of the world, with our boot on their throat!
View Quote

Er. you [i]ARE[/i] looking at the situation from their point of view, and openly advocating much the same.
You sound like an apologist for the murderers of 9-11.
View Quote

No raf, just an apologist for George Washington, who in his farewell speech told us to "beware of foreign entanglements". Ask yourself, why we do have so many troops and "Law Enforcement" in foreign countries? Even BEFORE 9/11? What are the real motives behind the use of American power? What is the real purpose of the "Patriot Act" of 2001?
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:00:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:04:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
no pissing contests.

Eye for an eye, thats all I'm saying.

View Quote

I'll tell ya satcong, there's a large part of me that agrees with you here, BUT, we Americans must be careful of where we are being led. I fought in one of their "wars" (long ago and far away). It was just as phoney as the rest of them......
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:07:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:10:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Instead of repeatedly asking questions that they never answer, I'd like to see the libertarian anarchist wing of AR15.com actually make some clear, concise, English-language statements that explain what's going on and what should be done about it. I'm all ears.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:11:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Er. you [i]ARE[/i] looking at the situation from their point of view, and openly advocating much the same.
You sound like an apologist for the murderers of 9-11.
View Quote

Case closed
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:20:52 AM EDT
[#42]
I want to say something here.

I watched footage of a confrence with reporters, Generals and soldiers who fought in Vietnam.  I think it was Westmoreland on the panel.

The question was posed as:  In a battlefield situation, if some of your buddies were being held not far away by your enemy...and you yourself had a captured enemy soldier in your hands....would you torture him to get the info you need to save your life and your brothers life?

The General said No, the soldier said yes.

He was a wounded vet, I don't remember his name.  He talked about the fact that war is hell and about how the life of a fellow soldier is much more inportant than the enemy life.

The life of my fellow citizen is more important to me than that of my enemy.

Thats how I look at it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:37:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I want to say something here.

I watched footage of a confrence with reporters, Generals and soldiers who fought in Vietnam.  I think it was Westmoreland on the panel.

The question was posed as:  In a battlefield situation, if some of your buddies were being held not far away by your enemy...and you yourself had a captured enemy soldier in your hands....would you torture him to get the info you need to save your life and your brothers life?

The General said No, the soldier said yes.

He was a wounded vet, I don't remember his name.  He talked about the fact that war is hell and about how the life of a fellow soldier is much more inportant than the enemy life.

The life of my fellow citizen is more important to me than that of my enemy.

Thats how I look at it.
View Quote

There's nothing here that I disagree with. I just say this. It's OUR (the citizens) responsibility as to WHY that soldier is on the battlefield in the first place. We (America) put troops in many countries (to serve what agenda?). If the citizens allow this, then they are complicit in the act. I think my original question is worthy of pondering. Why was WTC hit?
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:42:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jarhead_22:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Rabid badgers? Feral hogs?

You guys lack imagination. You disappoint me.

Weenie dogs. Dress the Al-qaeda guys up as mailmen, and loose hundreds of starved and angry weenie dogs in those pens.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:45:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I think my original question is worthy of pondering. Why was WTC hit?
View Quote

Do you have an answer? A guess? An idea?

Or just a question?
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:49:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:59:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:04:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Feed them Ham, Pork chops and Bacon!

"Eat this or starve."

I wonder what they'd pick???
View Quote

Hey, we came up with the same solution.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:08:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Jarhead_22:

Just my .02, YMMV,
View Quote

At least the fire ants won't pose a problem.  Where's Dr. Fireant?
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:23:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top