Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2001 1:04:11 PM EDT
What's your favorite factory .223 cartridge and what kind of accuracy do you get at what distances?

Same goes for reloads. What's the best round with what components that you can produce, and again, what kind of accuracy at what distances can you achieve with it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Just got some new equipment in the form of a Bushmaster V-Match upper and a Remington XP-100R , both in .223.
Also, I invested in a ShootingChrony MasterGamma with Printer and software, along with some different factory ammo to test.
Along with this I purchased some NIKON optical equipment--Spotter XL 16-47x60 kit; 10x40 ATB binoculars;  Monarch 6.5-20x44 scope; and the N65 SLR camera kit.
I'll have to read the directions and get to the range to test it all out.  I'm new to this aspect of shooting, so I expect to have a helluva lot of FUN!
The two barrels have different twist rates, 1:9 & 1:12, respectively, and that's why I picked up the different bullet weights and styles from various manufacturers.
A lot of extra info in regard to your question, but I'm really looking forward to the learning experiences and wanted to share with you the excitement of my intent to seek an answer to what you asked.
Reloading is not too far down the road.  I plan to start with the RCBS RockChucker Kit for .223 & 7MM first.
I'm going to use the Federal brass; Federal Match primers; Speer TNT 50-gr.; Reloder powder for the .223.
 The 7MM I have Federal nickel plated brass; Federal Magnum Match primers; Speer TNT 110-gr.& Barnes Original 195-gr. with the Swift Scirocco 150-gr. on order to use for testing; powders unknown.  These are to be used in a Browning BAR MkII Safari w/BOSS.
Any recommendations on the reloading equipment or powders would be helpful.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top