Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/20/2002 10:41:23 AM EDT
This was actually explained to me last night by a total(and totally drunk)stranger.

Alien race comes here to avoid some interstellar conflict.(can't remember their name)
First they have to evict current inhabitants with the use of a big meteor.
After the clean-up was complete they started sending down slaves and peasants from their society to ready the planet for their arrival.

Yada-yada-yada something happened to the rest of the alien landing party and we are just the leftover laborers that got stranded here.That is why the majority of the technology was lost.

Pyramids,Stonehenge,Easter Island,etc are the feeble attempts by us to contact our masterswho never arrived.

Was this guy a crackpot,or is he on to something?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah Yeah Yeah...and where did the aliens come from...duh?..other aliens..oK and where did they come from...some planet that had evolution?....
God created Man...period end of story..read [b]Genesis[/b] if you want... ..[b]The Truth...Its in There[/b]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm...
Two very interesting theories.
Either of you guys have any proof?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Life is short Murph...you will  have your proof soon enough Im afraid...[:)]
But I can throw in plenty of eye witnesses...if you will accept their depositions....
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Indeed. [:)]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This was actually explained to me last night by a total(and totally drunk)stranger.

Alien race comes here to avoid some interstellar conflict.(can't remember their name)
After the clean-up was complete they started sending down slaves and peasants from their society to ready the planet for their arrival.

Yada-yada-yada something happened to the rest of the alien landing party and we are just the leftover laborers that got stranded here.That is why the majority of the technology was lost.

Pyramids,Stonehenge,Easter Island,etc are the feeble attempts by us to contact our masterswho never arrived.

View Quote

If they can travel to earth, why use a rock to kill the inhabitants.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I bet that he had FAITH in his theory!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Indeed. [:)]
View Quote

Major !!  That sound, distant but growing.
That yellow dot on the horizon - small but yet....

Is that a HUN on a yellow bulldozer headed this way ????
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#8]
[img]bearlaker.freeservers.com/images/barrowdenaerial.jpg[/img]

Farmers on a slow day?
God on a slow day?
Imbroglio?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:35:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I suggestion:

Watch Stargate
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:42:32 AM EDT
[#10]
belloc ain't gonna like this...
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:30:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Only problem is, we share ~90% of our DNA with the other creatures on this planet. We came from here, nowhere else.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Actually, your alien story is almost right...

The aliens were drunk and took off to the middle of nowhere in the universe and decided to use their mega-blasters to shoot beer bottles.  Well, next thing you know they got lost and ended up on this big rock called Earth.  So here we are today, and it is further proof that our firearms enthusiasm is genetic and therefore it can't be restricted or else the government would be descriminating.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#13]
It's amazing what people will believe, eh?
[:D]

I thought that Kurt Vonnegut settled all this in his Elliot Rosewater series. Humankind was created simply to delivery a spare part to a stranded Trafalmadorean spaceshipp marooned on the planet Jupiter.

Eric The(HeHeHeHeHe)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#14]
How DID GUN NUTS GET HERE?? OR, HOW DID NORMAL PEOPLE GET HERE???

Well Gun nuts................
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like Scientology.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:47:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Somewhat possible.  I believe some of that theory could be true.  Life is created at the cellular level.  That would explain the DNA resemblance.  How the microbes got here could certainly have been planted.  I see more evidence of that than the other more popular theory.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#18]
The problem with interstellar space travel is the Theory of Relativity. As speed approaches light speed, mass increases infinitely which means that an infinite amount of energy is required to maintain velocity. Further, time also increases exponentially and very near the speed of light increases infinitely, as well. As such we cannot reach light speed, though half to three quarters light speed may be doable. The nearest star from the sun is just about 4 light years away. This entails a trip of about 8 years one way, at least(and that is for them, not the rest of the universe). By the time they would get here and back they would be visiting their distant progeny and their world be a vastly different place. They may not even be remembered. I cannot give you the exact numbers as I don't have the equations in front of me but they are easy enough to calculate. Finally, the likelihood of intelligent life that could get to earth from a nearby star is astronomically small.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The problem with interstellar space travel is the Theory of Relativity.
View Quote

This is not a problem if you can bend space-time...or "warp" it, as they say in Star Trek. If you take a piece of paper and lay it flat, and draw dots 10 inches apart, let that represent 10 lightyears. Now bend the paper so the dots move closer together...the distance drops rapidly.

Also, it would be foolish to think that relativity is the end of all knowledge. There might be a way around it that we haven't yet discovered.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Ask Art Bell, he will know the answer.[(:|)]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#21]
I heard a theory that all of those miracles in the Bible were actually done by space aliens.  Jesus' birth was the result of alien technology....
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Not possible for three reasons.

A.) 80 some percent of all life on earths shares some common DNA. Less then 10% difference between us and the other lower primates

B.) We like Right hand amino acids and left hand sugars, along with all other higher lifeforms, indicating local evolution

C.) We have symbiotic bacteria in our stomaches that are found elsewhere on this planet, which means local evolution.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:25:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have cussed and discussed this basic premise for some time and there seems to be a good bit of evidence for it.  
View Quote

For the idea that humans come from another world?  No, there is exactly no evidence of it and much evidence that it is totally impossible.
The closest you could come to it is the idea (still implausible but at least possible) that aliens tinkered with our genetics at some point to increase our intelligence.  But we are definitely from the same planet as every other living thing on Earth.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#25]
That said, just 150 years ago it was inconceivable that man could fly, much less leave this planet.
View Quote

Not so.  In fact, in 1852, people had been flying for over fifty years.

[img]http://www.allstar.fiu.edu/aero/images/montcol1.gif[/img]

The Montgolfier brothers launched the first human flight in 1783.

Jules Verne wrote [i]From the Earth to the Moon[/i] in 1865.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Here's my rant on interstellar life:

There are two items which much be truths for interstellar life of the sci-fi veriaty has any chance of being believable.
1) It exists.
2) Interstellar travel is practical.

Let us assume both are true.

Then in my opinion we must also assume that there are a great number of species in the universe as it is virtually infinite in size (as far as I'm concerened).  It stands to reason that a portion of the species will develope to the point where they will expand, likely to relieve population pressure or more likely harvest more resources and improve their quality of life (it always comes back to money).

It is inevitable that these species expanding spheres (however a sphere might be defined in interstallar "warp" space) of influence will encroach upon a neighboring species and conflict will ensue.  An expanionistic species is focused on money and power, and that will enter into the picture somewhere.  One example would be something like Lord Protectorate Senator Schumer-the-wise, convincing the masses that the evil (insert 'evil' alien species) must be destroyed - for the children - voteforme.  Well, specifics aside, if you have two species focused on power and wealth encroaching on each other, conflict will arise.

The species most skillful and capable at wiping out the other wins, and continues to expand.

If items 1 and 2 are true, then the universe is filled with expanding militarily capable powers.

If intellegent life exists, it stands to reason that many of these species developed long before we did.  Therefore if items 1 and 2 are true, then the human race would likely be enslaved or eliminated by now.  We're not, so items 1 and 2 are not true.  That's my crazy logic.

As to pyramids, well, there's only so many ways to make a pile of rocks.  If you're an egomaniac pharoa who want's his enternal fame and glory, what better way then to build a really tall structure.  And for seriously huge structures, there's pretty much only one way to do it in the day.  Some people get excited because the value of pi is in construction of pyramides.  But once again, somebody's going to eventually notice the relation between a circles diameter and it's circumference.  It's not rocket science, I bet 1 in a 1000 kids figures it out in the US before he even hits trig 101.  From there it's not a huge leap to triangle trigonometry and triagle relations (pryamids).  Not pathetically simple mind you, but given a few thousand years and an empire, somebody's going to figure it out.

Crop circles were exposed as a hoax years ago.  And I don't buy worm holes (warping the universe).  They work, but are microscopic in size.  The gravitation tides in a worm hole are tremendous.  A wormhole half a mile wide still has enough gravitational tides to rip apart a microchip.

My opinion:  There is life out there.  We'll never meet it or even know it exists.  Of course this is all hypothetical armchair talk, but I've got the luxury of every credible shread of evidence ever collected on my side :)

Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Here's my rant on interstellar life:

There are two items which much be truths for interstellar life of the sci-fi veriaty has any chance of being believable.
1) It exists.
2) Interstellar travel is practical.

Let us assume both are true.

Then in my opinion we must also assume that there are a great number of species in the universe as it is virtually infinite in size (as far as I'm concerened).  It stands to reason that a portion of the species will develope to the point where they will expand, likely to relieve population pressure or more likely harvest more resources and improve their quality of life (it always comes back to money).

Crop circles were exposed as a hoax years ago.  And I don't buy worm holes (warping the universe).  They work, but are microscopic in size.  The gravitation tides in a worm hole are tremendous.  A wormhole half a mile wide still has enough gravitational tides to rip apart a microchip.
View Quote

I doubt that ET drives his spaceship to serve Capitalism.

Maybe....however If they exist, I would point out that changes in the diameter of the wormhole does not in any way promote or deny "bent-sheet" time-travel in relation to matter as we know it. It’s all-bad. What is beneficial is if we can somehow prove their existence while providing data outside of our inertial reference frame to end the velocity-time dilation Einsteinian arguments and put a end to SRT. [:D]

Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#28]
"Where did people come from?"

It's not easy to explain(unless you read the bible), so people cop out and say, "Spacemen did it."

"How could the pyramids be made?"
Also not easy to explain, let alone duplicate, so people again cop out and say, "Spacemen did it."

--------
Spacemen? Silly, bloody nonsense.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hmmm...
Two very interesting theories.
Either of you guys have any proof?
View Quote

There ARE ways to prove this you know (thanks to Bedevere [;)]):

Aliens came from the sky.

The sky is filled with air.

Air is lighter than water.

Air bubbles float in water.

So the aliens, who come from the sky, which is made of air, can float in water because they are made of air.

And since humans can also float in water...

Therefore...

Humans came from aliens!

[NI]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:52:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Guys, whatever you do, DO NOT level an AR-15 weapon on an Extraterrestrial. It will be construed as an act of war and instant retaliation will follow.

I found out the hard way...
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 5:34:47 AM EDT
[#31]
If intellegent life exists, it stands to reason that many of these species developed long before we did. Therefore if items 1 and 2 are true, then the human race would likely be enslaved or eliminated by now. We're not, so items 1 and 2 are not true. That's my crazy logic.
View Quote

Then again, perhaps the following is true:

1) It's easier to create disorder than order.

2) Because of #1, a society's ability to destroy will always exceed its ability to rebuild as its technology improves.

3) Because of #2, a society will inevitably either develop a highly refined morality or be destroyed by internal conflict.

4) Because of #3, we can expect that any alien society advanced enough to visit us would also not have malicious intent.

So perhaps "they" have already been here but have decided to leave us alone. [(:|)]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:04:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
And I don't buy worm holes...
View Quote

I don't buy them either, I grow my own. [:D]

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:20:02 AM EDT
[#33]
If aliens don't exist, then why:

If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?

[(:|)]   [(:|)]   [(:|)]

disclaimer: I got this in an e-mail the other day and haven't checked it out myself. But I wouldn't put this pass our congress critters. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:51:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 7:07:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Spaceships?.......NO...c`mon....where?.....[argue]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#36]
The idea that an advanced extraterrestrial civilization "seeded" this planet and/or manipulated existing DNA is just as plausible to me as the idea of an omnipotent, unseen God making everything out of nothing.  

I think it was Arthur C. Clarke that said that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic so who knows?

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Maybe....however If they exist, I would point out that changes in the diameter of the wormhole does not in any way promote or deny "bent-sheet" time-travel in relation to matter as we know it. It’s all-bad. What is beneficial is if we can somehow prove their existence while providing data outside of our inertial reference frame to end the velocity-time dilation Einsteinian arguments and put a end to SRT. [:D]

View Quote

Boom, talking like this could get you a band for life !

(I thought I was about one-third through Hawking's new book then I realized I'd been reading it upside down.)
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#38]
[b]
Quoted:

View Quote
[/b]

The "Race" was called the Annunaki, and supposedly they needed to genetically engineer a "slave" that was strong enough to do their work yet intelligent enough to follow orders and mine gold to rebulid their atmosphere.So they captured a suitable indigenous primate and manipulated it's DNA with theirs to attain a "hybrid"
When they were through obtaining their gold supply they departed and left "Us" behind.At least that is the story as I have heard it.Not saying it is true however.

[url]http://www.atlantisrising.com/issue13/ar13annunaki.html[/url]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#39]
[b]mitochondria[/b]

they have existed in eucaryotic cells for eons. They are bacteria that long ago formed a symbiotic relationship with such cells and are what allow us to breathe and "respire". They are enough the same that it is evident, once again, that we are all from the same planet.

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#41]
First, I do not call what the French did flying, it was more floating, and tethered at that.
View Quote

Flying or floating, it was the last time that the French air force ruled the skies. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Given the unimaginable enormity of the universe, and the virtual inevitability that countless other lifeforms exist, is it not a frightening prospect to think that we might be the smartest?
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 9:10:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Given the unimaginable enormity of the universe, and the virtual inevitability that countless other lifeforms exist, is it not a frightening prospect to think that we might be the smartest?
View Quote

And that same thought leaves me writhing on the floor in the fetal position sucking my thumb.
[>Q]WE are the most intelligent life?[>Q]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#44]
If you don't believe that aliens live among us...

just go to the mall!  [:\]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 9:53:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Aliens in folklore are so warm and fuzzy, you just want to believe in them.

Big-eyed greys doing their rectal inspections,
Abductions for microchip implant injections,
Green chupacabras that fly with no wings,
These are a few of my favorite things.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

(Understand your tongue-in-cheek.)
Given the young age of us earth dwellers any other specie able to make the trip here would likely be far older and obviously much farther advanced but not 'necessarily' smarter.

[smoke]

Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:02:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#48]
[>:/] Ok who's got the foil? Pass the foil please. PLEASE!
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
[>:/] Ok who's got the foil? Pass the foil please. PLEASE!
View Quote

I have no intention of admitting this in a public place but.......here, take the foil.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Only problem is, we share ~90% of our DNA with the other creatures on this planet. We came from here, nowhere else.
View Quote

ACTUALLY, its 90% DNA with only chimps, but if you want to believe you're not only a chimp, but also an Ameoba, I won't argue with you.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top